Sign in to follow this  
RoryoCox

The Singapore Situation

The Singapore Situation

Led by Huang, Swann and Barbossa make their way to a bath house presided over by the feared Captain Sao Feng. Meanwhile, the surviving members of the motley crew, including Joshamee Gibbs, Cotton, Pintel and Ragetti, are infiltrating the lower levels of the bath house.

He questions their intentions to bargain for his navigational charts, revealing that a thief had attempted to steal them earlier in the day. The thief is being held in the bath house, and is none other than William Turner. Sao Feng makes to kill him, tricking Elizabeth into giving away their connection to him. The crew, hidden below the floorboards, do not help matters by throwing Barbossa and Elizabeth swords at the mention of the word "weapons". During the stand-off, Feng notices one of the bath house residents has a fake tattoo, though Barbossa claims the man is not his. At that moment, soldiers of the East India Trading Company burst in, led by Mercer.

piratescaribbean.jpg

I decided on this scene early into the contest and have been working on the logistics of the model since. I wanted to recreate the scene in a way which is reminiscent to modern lego sets and games. I also wanted to include minor details along with more major details while recreating the bathhouse in a more play set scale. I decided to include the motley crew into the MOC for greater accuracy and I also included the river, boat with Mercer and two EITC soldiers. These details mean that I have been able to recreate the scene with great accuracy along with employing techniques such as SNOT for the ground.

I also used GIMP to enhance some of these pictures, adding fog to the exterior scenes which is very evident in the movie itself. This meant you can enjoy my MOC even more.

If I won this contest I would choose: 4183 The Mill. I hope you like my scene and if you do, please vote for me. Thank You and Enjoy!

5915433444_4a32a1a91b.jpg

5914872437_9f12bc49b6.jpg

5914865085_760f382ed2.jpg

5914860193_53dbf8d54b.jpg

5914853313_a8c4601893.jpg

Very nice, that water looks very interesting though maybe more suited for sewers or industrial waste :pir-sick:

Overall a nice entry but to be honest I prefer the version made by Rolly, mainly because of the planks which the swords go through.

Good job though, keep it up and good luck.

Nice work, Burman. It's very recognizable and I like the fact that you kept the creation comparable to an official LEGO set. The colours work very well. The river looks chaotic at a first glance (there are a bit too many random pieces like the technic pieces), but I must say it works to portray all the filth in it. The building looks wonderful with a roof made of minifigure stands. You used the SNOT technique well. A wooden structure like in the picture would be a nice touch. And I'd like to see an overall picture of your creation. Good luck! :thumbup:

Although I'm not very fond of your water technique and I think the outside could have used a bit more brown, I think this is a great MOC :thumbup:

Especially the inside is very recognizable and I like how you made the part below the surface.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

The shape of the building is pretty. Certainly the best thing in whole model is the roof - perfect! Inside is well done as well. What I like the most is the man in cauldron and men hiding under the floor. The most innovatory idea, though, is dirty water. That tiny bricks make a fantastic impression of water, or let's maybe call it "dirty liquid", that can be seen in the film. I like the bridge as well, although it's one-coloured - it doesn't make it look worse.

I'm only not sure if that vertically placed gray parts around the windows are needed here. It's the only non-almost-SNOT part of the building, so it spoils the SNOT effect a bit.

Good luck in the contest!

Edited by Toltomeja

I like the way that you made the water look dirty with green, yellow and white bricks. I also like the building its self. It looks very oriental and I like the choice of bricks used to achieve this look. The soldiers on patrol around the town are also a nice addition.

I think that you should improve it by adding some more people or building surrounding the bathhouse. In the movie it was very crowded and cramped.