Sign in to follow this  
Rolli

"Captain Barbossa, welcome to Singapore."

I had many scenes to build in mind but in the end I came up with one of the many memorable scenes in PotC 3. Due to work and a tight timetable this counts still as WIP.

5915545730_4b8a5d3fa6_z.jpg

Sao-Feng, Barbossa and Elizabeth:

5915545834_a9d3e080ec_z.jpg

"STEAM!"

5915546016_dd222fe9ba_z.jpg

5914986733_342b851ef8_z.jpg

"If he's not with us, and he's not with you…who's he with?"

5915546174_d17326de53_z.jpg

I hope, this "WIP" isn't too bad, a shame I wasn't able to finish this moc. Maybe in the next weeks..

Oh.. Despite the very small chance on a first place, I would choose the LEGO set...

Some more: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moriartus/?saved=1

Very nice, I see a lot of recognizable details I can match the movie with, I really love those planks which the swords go through in the movie. Well done

Very nice, I see a lot of recognizable details I can match the movie with, I really love those planks which the swords go through in the movie. Well done,

all it misses is a fat asian with tatoos.

Btw, is master Gibbs wearing glasses ? :imperialguard_commander1:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Great stuff, Rolli. :pir-sweet: Very nice atmosphere with the lightning and the colours, your pictures look like the scenes in the film. Your custom figures look close to the real deal. The floor has been done nicely and so are walls. The overall picture in your Flickr stream shows how you've done them and it looks quite difficult, but you've managed to create the same style of walls like in the film scenes. Some more detailing would be nice, like barrels or something. Good luck in the contest!

Good job!

The main thing I like is that your model has 2 levels. Thanks to this, there are so many details to look at! Plenty of minifigs, every one doing something else, makes it yet more interesting. Plus, I like your photos, especially the lest one - I like the idea of making Will tied up! The floor is also fine, I like holes between the planks in it. All these features make the room look very realistic, and esthetic as well.

I agree with Matn, you could improve it by adding some more details. You could also put some 1x1 round tiles in different colours on the floor, to make it yet more varied.

Good luck!

WIP? Are you sure? I think it looks great and could definitely pass for a completed MOC in my eyes.

Another interesting entry. The lack of original POTC figures does really not matter a lot here, since the custom made ones are pretty accurate! I especially like Sao Feng and the ladies behind him. Though one's hair is a bit displaced ... The floor is nicely done and the bucket and captured Will is by my opinion the cherry on the top. however I'd change the walls especially the ones behind Sao. The wall made of stones did not have any gaps, only through the roof one could see outside. I think using some dark plates behind the walls just for taking the images would help and would not make this MOC look so WIPy ... Don't get me wrong, the way the walls are done really add to the detail of this MOC and the techniques are admirable. It's just that one can see the sky through the walls that bothers me.