78 members have voted

1. 1. your opinion about the 8109

• perfect
    • good
    • medium
    • not so good
    • bad

As Merman indicated, there is a 8109 Parts Inventory posted on Bricklink here. I like the two 64781 "Technic, Gear Racks 1 x 13 with Axle and Pin Holes", and the two 87408 "Technic, Pin Connector Toggle Joints Smooth Double with Axle and Pin Holes" that come with this set.

64781.jpg87408.jpg

Do you have the ID numbers for the instructions?

sorry, i dont

btw: RC without loosing the towing functions is truly possible.

100_8508.jpg_thumb.jpg 100_8510.jpg_thumb.jpg 100_8511.jpg_thumb.jpg

Nice review. The fork movement is pure witchcraft, and this isn't really touched on by Lego's marketers, which is a shame.

I really wish they would add some variation to the 'one motor, gearbox for several functions' theme. How about more pneumatics and PF controlled switches, or even a PF controlled gearbox?

- Sok.

sorry, i dont

You don't have the instructions anymore? As merman said, I mean the numbers of the back of each booklet. TLC has a habit of publishing instructions on their homepage early, but very quietly.. so to say. If we have the numbers we could at least check if there is anything. I'm quite curious about the instructions :grin:

Edited by Pauger

ah ok, on the back of book 3 is the number 4648280

maybe this is the number what you asked for

You did a great job with the RC modification of the Tow Truck! :classic: I'm going to study your 12 big Brickshelf pictures so that, when the 8109 is available where I live, I can try the same thing.

100_0010.jpg_thumb.jpg100_8511.jpg_thumb.jpg

Thanks

if you want build it, please notice that the version from the pics has a 1 stud to long wheelbase. In the movie this error is fixed. Till tomorrow i have made new pics

Edit:

i have uploaded new pictures, so the folder is currently offline.

100_8522.jpg_thumb.jpg 100_8523.jpg_thumb.jpg 100_8518.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by efferman

Nice review. The fork movement is pure witchcraft, and this isn't really touched on by Lego's marketers, which is a shame.

I think it is a great model, but for me, it would have been perfect if the spec-lift could have pivoted at the head. The lack of movement in the head of the spec-lift of the big black tow truck 8285 was also a mistake, one of the main reasons I think the 8285 is way over-rated. This problem reduces the playability for me.

It will be a mod I'll try to incorporate I think. The 8462 got it totally right!

post-6869-131089689979.jpg

I ordered it on Friday. Your review and BL inventory were the main things that convinced me to buy it. Thank you.

This looks great,I notice I see an LA on the truck in the video above,does it come with this set as I taught it was gear driven,also have u any instructions to rc this?

This looks great,I notice I see an LA on the truck in the video above,does it come with this set as I taught it was gear driven,also have u any instructions to rc this?

the original Truck is actuated with gears, my RC version uses a LA to get enough space for a solid frame.

hm, for instructions i need some days. there are not much things identical on the original and the RC version.

I have some pics in my brickshelf folder, but this is unfortunately currently offline.

edit:

the first, or better the last 53 steps of the instructions are uploaded on the brickshelf folder. i hope it will go online this year.

the pictures are 799x599 to minimize the traffic.

15.jpg

39.jpg

Edited by efferman

Hi, iam currently making the last pics for my RC mod instructions. for this i have a question. Should i include the sections - which are identical to the original 8109- in my instruction?

i guess it would be roundabout 120 to 140 pics and what is better, a pdf with the complete instruction or posting the pics on brickshelf?

Hi, iam currently making the last pics for my RC mod instructions. for this i have a question. Should i include the sections - which are identical to the original 8109- in my instruction?

i guess it would be roundabout 120 to 140 pics and what is better, a pdf with the complete instruction or posting the pics on brickshelf?

I would defiantly prefer a complete pdf instruction. It makes it a lot easier to build.

-ED-

thanks, now i know what i have to do

edit: respect for all the guys who post full instructions of their own mocs. alone the partslist is a lot of work.

edit²: 1141 parts

Edited by efferman

Please excuse the doublepost, but i am ready with the Instructions for my RC modification/conversion.

It includes a full partslist (1141 parts) and the full instruction on 99 pages. here is the link to the PDF

I hope you have fun with it and you could everything see.

Edited by efferman
instruction link fixed