Legostein

Mini Star Tours StarSpeeder 3000

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello everybody!

Those of you who have already visited a Disneyland theme park, might know the Star Tours StarSpeeder 3000 (reference link). But is long more than that. The StarSpeeder 3000 has made it into the Expanded Universe (novels, computer games and roleplaying game). :classic:

When you look at the shape of the StarSpeeder 3000, you will notice the increase in height of the main body by several small steps. This was very hardc to realise in mini scale. Using standrad plate heights would have grown the vessel too high very quickly after only few steps. It had to be half plate heights. :classic:

The resulting mini vehicle is extremely compact. It has 120 pieces which is unexpectedly much. But only with this complex snot techniques the half plate steps were possible. Another challenge was to include details like windows and the blue stripes on the sides. The stripe could be done with 1x4 brackets which work well together with the headlight bricks. :classic:

starspeeder-3000-1.jpg

starspeeder-3000-3.jpg

starspeeder-3000-4.jpg

starspeeder-3000-6.jpg

That's it for today! :classic:

Have a great week, and see you around!

~ Christopher

I can't believe you finally ran out of SW ships to make. Like always this is accurate and makes you go. How the heck does he make those minis so accurate.

Great work, makes me want to go there.

:excited: This is in my book easily one of if not the best of all your Minis. The use of all those headlight bricks for the half plate offsets is perfect, and the chainsaws add a great touch of extra detail.

Wow, I just flew on this on few weeks back! Ran into all kinds of trouble... :classic:

Another superb mini Legostein - the accuracy you achieve at this scale is stunning. Great work!

I'm really very impressed with the solution you've come up with for the half-plate height, that really is a testament of your MOC expertise in this scale of build. And the vehicle is beautifully-done as usual with the overall accurate look and proper proportions. Excellent job once again Chris! :thumbup:

IMO the StarSpeeder 3000 looks like what it is, a box designed to seat as many people as is safe and possible with enough added detail to the exterior to make it resemble a spacecraft. It's a testament to the ride designers that it turned out as good as it did but I'm surprised to learn that it has found it's way into the EU - I can only assume that this vehicle is the Star Wars equivalent of a Volvo 240. But I digress...

Another excellent mini as usual Legostein with some great techniques. I must agree with KDM that the half plate solution is brilliant. :thumbup:

And another perfect mini by Legostein. :cry_happy:

I must admit this is my favorite, from all of your minis.

Use of headlight bricks and brackets is just, just... beautiful.

This is one small masterpiece of SNOT and thos chainsaws are nice detail. :thumbup:

Excellent MOC! You did a fantastic job of keeping the proportions/angles etc. true to the original.

I stick with the idea that Lego needs to make something Star Tours related. It would definitely sell.

Another excellent mini Legostein. I love the clever headlight trick :thumbup:.

Hello everybody,

and thank you very much for all the wonderful and encouraging comments! :sweet:

I can't believe you finally ran out of SW ships to make.

Oh, I did not run out of vehicles. :wink: I just felt, this EU vehicle also deserves its existence. :classic:

I can only assume that this vehicle is the Star Wars equivalent of a Volvo 240.

A very original comparison, but there's something true in it. :grin:

See you soon, and have a great week-end!

~ Christopher

fantastic mini. I love it. I had some difficulty recreating this in LDD 4.0. The single hole 1x1 technic block does not like to peg onto the headlight peg, the one in the back.

But it was a fun build. As many others have said, fantastic use of the headlight brick.

Looks good! A very unique ship that I've only seen a few of and only by the best builders. Nice work. :thumbup:

There really is no stop to your amazing creations. The way you used those headlight bricks to make the stripe very slight is so clever.

Great job :thumbup:

Another great mini build Legostein. I never been on the star tours ride but thats one cool looking ship.

Hello,

and thank you again for your interest in this particular model! :classic:

I hope to be back soon with more models, either MINI oder MIDI. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher