Sign in to follow this  
Bjornu

"It's Just a Matter of Good Business" By Bjornu

Hello Classic pirates!

This is my Entry for the PotC contest.

I picked this scene because I thought it was one of the best in the movie: 'At worlds End'

Well, this is the scene were Lord Cutler Beckett is getting "sandwiched" by the black pearl and the flying dutchman.

After some gunfire there is almost nothing left of the stair Lord Cutler Beckett is walking on.

Just as the title says; "It's just a matter of good business"

This is my entry, Enjoy!

snc00351.jpg

Hear the sad music playing on the background...

snc00350.jpg

I hope it was a good shot on participating in the Contest, if i even would get close to the first place I would like to win: The lego set The Mill ( I do not own a Xbox nor a Playstation)

I would like to hear what you guys think!

Greetz Bjornu

hmmmm, could use some work, I suggest you try making lego explosions and add some more detail to the ship itself.

The Idea is great but the excecution could be better I think.

Maybe use some light grey round plates for the incoming cannonfire and perhaps even cannonballs. Some doors would also be nice (doors flying out of their place maybe ? )

Anyway, there's potential in this but for now it's not really good enough I think. There's still time, I suggest you use that time and improve your entry.

Good luck anyways.

hmmmm, could use some work, I suggest you try making lego explosions and add some more detail to the ship itself.

The Idea is great but the excecution could be better I think.

Maybe use some light grey round plates for the incoming cannonfire and perhaps even cannonballs. Some doors would also be nice (doors flying out of their place maybe ? )

Anyway, there's potential in this but for now it's not really good enough I think. There's still time, I suggest you use that time and improve your entry.

Good luck anyways.

Ty for your fresh comments, but I'll keep it this way.

I'm having limited bricks Atm, Due to some other MOCs that are still on the shelf to be broken.

My reason to participate, was to participate, not the actual winning of the contest(doesn't mean I dont like to win ofcourse)

Well thanks for the comment !

Greetz Bjornu

Nice creation, Bjornu. It's a recognizable scene and it certainly looks like cannons are falling in and everything is being destroyed. I'm not a big fan of the cotton pieces though, I think light grey plates would look better. It also could use a bit of more details, like some cannon balls laying around. Good luck in the contest. :thumbup:

Beckett is my favorite character so this scene is not exactly joyful for me. But the MOC on the other hand, now that's a different story.

I like the cotton for smoke and the way that the ship is blowing up around Beckett. I also think that you picked a good color scheme.

I would suggest changing Beckett's face. He never has any facial hair so I think that a shocked expression or the Imperial Officers head works good with his sneer. I also think that you should add some sailors abandoning ship and some dead men on the ground. You might consider adding a cannon or two on the deck of the ship.

Well, people

After reading the comments: I still say I would like to keep it this way.

I have learned a lot of things about Detail from you guys, therefor I would like to thank everyone that

wanted to share some ideas with me :pir-sweet:

Greetz bjornu

I like it, but these pieces of watt might be more subtle. Anyway, the ship's overall look is very good. I like the black planks behind the minifig - they imitate destroyed deck very well, and yellow details also look fine.

All the planks around the fig though look like if they had already been burnt before, and I see the fig is still alright... Seriously, If I were in your shoes, I'd use some more colours, especially brown here. Yellow and black are also fine, but less realistic. :pir-cry_happy:

Concerning the fig, I think that the face expression is not appriopriate to the situation of the ship indeed. I think not only should you change Beckett's head, but also put some more motion to the model making his pose dramatic - running or at least raising his hands.

Good luck!

Edited by Toltomeja