Sign in to follow this  
Guss

Steampunk Diorama

Hello everyone! How are you ? hope you're fine.

Well, I just came back from the French Comic con where Freelug, which I'm a member of, got a nice stand.

On this stand, we had a nice Steampunk Diorama, made by Gyclore, Brickerik, Lthevenard, JYbrot and me.

Gyclore had the idea to build a metallic structure to suspend our MOCS, so he built, and we suspended.

Of course we didn't want it to be static so we kinda motorized what we could.

Here is the Result :

08B32847BA65-161.jpg

2A66049C6C10-161.jpg 67B29495218B-161.jpg E895C2151522-161.jpg 5F52AF167EF8-161.jpg 8536CE4D43D4-161.jpg 4D6C564721BD-161.jpg CC1618A7B43C-161.jpg

Full galery here : Click

We, of course, took some video of it :

My video, badly taken...sorry

and here are the full galery :

Mine on my website-On Freelug

Brickerik's one on Freelug

If you check the two galleries, you'll notice that that wasn't the only thing we had on the Stand. Tell me if you show interest to something I didn't do, I'll make another post, or tell the owner of the moc to do so !

Hope you enjoyed !

Wow, that is a lot of blue baseplates! :grin:

Absolutely brilliant and original display you guys have made!

I love the ''flying'' train, the brilliant airships and the small detail.

I do wonder what the guy was shooting at with the crash dummies? :wacko:

Great stuff. Fantastic dio. Wish I could have seen this in real life. Nice to see some floating rocks too - not been any of those kicking about for a while. (However, we've got something coming up soon in the LEGO Steampunk group on Flickr that you might like...)

Impressive in both size and detail. Well done. :thumbup: The crash dummies were a nice addition as well.

Wonderfull, love the floating rocks.

Makes me wanna make something steamy. :laugh:

Ha!

Brilliant work with the wires, I love the whole hanging effect.

Very nicely displayed set :)

Ah, fantastic display! :wub:

There's so much to look at, everything is fascinating. I'm not sure what is my favorite, all the different vehicles or the floating islands. Certainly I spent the most time admiring the construction of the islands, but everything is so great that once you start looking at the next creation in the display you can't help but be blown away even more.

Thanks for sharing these pictures and videos!

Algernon: Thanks mate, the detail in question was made by Freelug's Member JYbrot. ^^

ZO6: thanks, I wanted to make better pictures, but that was kinda hard to photograph.

Alexscammer: Thanks, how many time ? well we all built our islands/ships separately, so I don't really know, but to put all our moc on the display and attach them with wires it took us one afternoon and the following morning. ^^

Miss Kyle : thanks^^ that's the spirit! Sky of arcadia totally fits the theme !

-Zenn : thanks , just do something steamy then !

TooMuchCaffeine: thanks mate, I'll stay tuned on flickr to see that !

Captain Green Hair: thanks, I don't know what the guy was shooting at, this detail was made by Freelug's member Gyclore, he always build stuff like that !

Brickdoctor,Daniel's Dad ,Si-mocs: Thanks a lot guyz ^^

Very cool layout! I love how you found space for "crazy" minifigures like the dummies (the one stuck in the house wall made me laugh :laugh: )and the garden gnome.

Simply an amazing diorama display, truly an outstanding collaborative effort by all of you guys! :thumbup: The individual ships/structures are unique and excellently done, and even more impressive is the way they were effectively presented together in this layout. (For some reason this reminds me of Neverland from a Peter Pan cartoon series I watched when I was a kid).

Thanks everyone !

Speedboat: the dummy's catapult was totally improvised :sweet:

Hello!

When you're not so much familiar with the steampunk idea, looking at your great diorama gives an excellent impression of what steampunk is and how the building style works! Well done! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher