Sign in to follow this  
Stephle59

[WIP] Archenval, medieval town

Hello all,

I wish you to present my lastest WIP creation, Archenval.

Archenval is a medieval town built in the early 12th century, at the time of the Templars. These are the first two modules presented at the Fanabriques french convention. The gatehouse is inspired by the Tower of Riquewihr in Alsace, France. The Templar Commandery, or rather the chapel is an inspiration to that of Coulommiers, near Paris, France.

5914956465_a3d91cdee9_z.jpg

5881187101_c9e53c24ec.jpg

You can see all photos at my Flickr Gallery :

Archenval at Fanabriques

And the WIP here

Enjoy ;)

Stephle59

Edited by Stephle59

AWESOME creation with cute touches of humour - Darth Vader and the two Dr. Jones's - cheeky ! :laugh:

Fantastic gate house, among other things.....just AWESOME work 'Stephle59' and Brick On ! :grin:

A great looking moc you got there! :classic: I also like the round tower but my favourite part has to be the gatehouse, it reminds me of Visby city wall.

The first tower in this picture

Visby_ringmur_vid_%C3%96stergravar.jpg?uselang=sv

I really like this medieval town layout a lot, most especially the different structures having their own unique individual look but blending well together in this layout (gatehouse, round tower, mini bridge, main building). Great job!

A great looking moc you got there! :classic: I also like the round tower but my favourite part has to be the gatehouse, it reminds me of Visby city wall.

The first tower in this picture

Visby_ringmur_vid_%C3%96stergravar.jpg?uselang=sv

Thank you :blush:

Oohh I didn't know this gatehouse. I love it.

I have updated the topic with a best photo of the front view. My galery is also updated (Photo credits : BrickErik from FreeLug, thanks a lot :wub: ).

As I have said to classic-castle.com, I started thinking about the third module (always in 48x48 studs), and after visiting the French Haut-Koenigsbourg Castle, I decided to build the "guarded house". It will be a sort of small castle or fortified building where the gentry can live, sleep and feast. Construction will begin in the coming weeks.

Hi everybody,

I am currently working on extending Archenval, and I present a preview of the octagonal tower that will take place in the diorama.

Sorry for the photo's quality :blush:

7135147257_7b36fb75c4_z.jpg

Enjoy ;)

Looks great! I like the columns of 1x1 rounds in it, glad to see you are adding on to your town!

Nice work It has that great rounded look to it just like a good castle should. :thumbup:

Thanks for your comments.

An other part of the WIP. More things have changed, but it give you an idea about the South Gatehouse and its fortified wall.

Rempart_Sud.jpg

Archenval's Chronicles - Lord Baeron

7179659301_6509959a86_c.jpg

Oye Oye good people,

Let me tell you the story of Lord of Baeron from Archenval, a knight who repeatedly saved our great city from the yoke of his assailants. At service of our beloved sovereign, he led many wars with our soldiers. It is said that his scar come from a fierce battle against a man as big as a mountain of incredible strength, he will then struck with his trusty blade.

This great victory earned him take the head of the army that now protects our homes, our peasants, our widows and orphans ...

The peacetime is installed in our countries, but for how long?

Lord Baeron goes on and the training of our brave soldiers ...

I will present you the most important characters and short Archenval's stories :)

Edited by Stephle59

This is a truly fantastic MOC. A bit cluttered, but for some reason I always liked the cluttered look. :sweet:

I like the tower, but it's not as good as the underground table. I bet there are some good poker games going on down there.

7489008310_8dc428754a_c.jpg

Here is the collaborative diorama presented at the french convention Fana'briques 2012.

Four new modules complement those of the past year: extension of the river, South Gatehouse with the market place (Stephle59), fields and fortified farm (Icare).

More pics of my modules in WIP here and on Flickr here

More detailed pics soon :)

7493690480_e4a2c9a30e_c.jpg

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Stephle59

fabulous! scouring over the pics now. thanks for posting

Wow, this is fantastic! I love how organically everything's laid out. Lots of cool details in there but my favorite is the pikes (?) in the Templar Chapel's windows.