Sign in to follow this  
MstrOfPppts

Isla de la Muerta (the first attempt)

This is my version of isla de la Muerta from the first movie. It represents the first time Barbossa and his cursed crew tried to lift the curse with the wrong person.

Finally the weather today was nice and I managed to take some pictures. Here is an overall view of the scene. Please don't mind the black plates on the side, they prevent the light from coming in through the tiny gaps between the rocks. They were just used for photo shooting.

Overall.jpg

And I really liked Yatkuus idea of creating a short comic though his Photoshop skills are far superior. Here's my try!

POTCCEc1.jpg

POTCCEc2.jpg

POTCCEc3.jpg

POTCCEc4.jpg

Hope you enjoyed it!

P.S.: just for information; I prefer LEGO sets to any video games ...

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Very nice, I see some gerat details, like Jack spying from behind a rock, good job on the rocks, you really captured a "cave" atmosphere.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

Nice entry. I love how you change to a reverse build as you made the roof. I would like to see more pictures.

Oh, I just saw Jack's head peaking out in the background :pir-grin:

Great job :thumbup:

I like the "sealed" atmosphere that the roof provides, is it attached by anything? or does it just rest on top? I also like the spying jack.

As for the build, I think you should reposition Barbossa and Elizabeth at an angle so that they can be better seen in the photo. I also think you need to add more gold into the area, If you don't have anymore though, take the stacks of studs you have and spread them out over a greater area, I think it might look better and give the illusion of more gold. Can't wait to see the second attempt and good luck in the contest!

Glad you guys like it. The roof is not attached to it, but it fits on top of it perfectly. It has studless plates in each corner that sit on each other on different heights so it doesn't move out of position.

I don't have any more golden pieces apart from some really big ones. I think there is enough gold but it's mostly in the corner behind Barbossa not seen clearly in this picture. And 'the first attempt' is part of the title, not meaning there will be a second one. It's the first attempt of pirates trying to lift the course in the movies :D I added that so the title is distinct to your entry.

More pisctures are coming, but sadly it's all cloudy here at the moment. Hope it gets sunnier along the day.

The positioning of Barbossa and Elizabeth is all right since the crowd is in focus in this picture. Wait for more pictures ...

Edited by MstrOfPppts

That looks like a good MOC. I like all of the pirates with their swords out. They look like an unruly bunch. I also like Jack Sparrow hiding behind the rocks. I think that you should try to do something neat with the water using SNOT or trans-blue bricks. I also agree that you should spread out the gold a bit.

I hope that you get the rest of the pictures uploaded soon!

Looking good, cant wait to see some more pics. The skeleton in the back corner with the gold crown on is a good add!

And 'the first attempt' is part of the title, not meaning there will be a second one. It's the first attempt of pirates trying to lift the course in the movies :D I added that so the title is distinct to your entry.

Oh, okay, I see now, I just thought you meant you were gonna do another attempt because you Didn't put up all your photos.

Nice piece of work there 'MstrOfPppts' and that Jack boy isn't he cheeky ! :pir-laugh:

Good luck in the contest and keep on drinking that rum ! :pir-grin:

Updated the first post with some better pictures ... hope you guys like it!

Captain Genaro: Using a SNOT technique was my first idea as I've done it on a smaller vig. But I happened to realize I don't have enough blue basic bricks and even those are older and have some nasty teeth marks in them, so I decided to go with ordinary plates!

Edited by MstrOfPppts

Paaaaaaarley !

:P Nice update, loved that scene.

Great entry, MstrOfPppts! :pir-sweet: It looks really wonderful. The new pictures really make it stand out. The rock work is fabulous, a nice combination of dark and light grey. A couple of plants would be a nice touch. The reverse build is also a great idea! You can do much more with it than with using reverse slopes. The water could use a bit more rocks perhaps. As I said before, this was also my first idea. I was also going to make a roof, but with holes in it, so when making pictures it's like there's moonlight coming in the cave. I think yours could really benefit from this idea!

Jack Sparrow hiding is a nice detail. Don't worry about the lack of gold, it's not very noticeable because the attention is drawn by the figures. Perhaps and idea that could help to have a better look of the creation: building a rock wall on the left of Elizabeth and having no wall behind the pirates. So you can take the pictures from behind the pirates, with Barbossa and Elizabeth in the centre. It still looks good like this though. Great job and good luck in the contest! :thumbup:

I wanted to take a shot from behind the crowd to get Barbossa and Elizabeth in focus, but my crappy camera always made the close guys in the crowd blurry. I know it's usual for things out of focus, but this one was really bad so I did not decide to post any of those pictures - The "Was your father Will Turner" picture is missing :D

Sadly I can't make any improvements to it since I'm leaving for holiday ...

Nice contest entry MstrOfPppts! I shall blog this right away!

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I like the rocks, especially the ones above, that are inverted. Congratulations on this, you've made it look really fine, the border line between bottom and inverted top is hard to spot.

You've perfectly used two types of gray, and I see you managed to create a wonderful rock out of slopes, which is my favourite method. You also remembered to build some rocks sticking out of the water, which made the cave landmark esthetic and realistic.

I'd enrich the water a bit adding some waves or something. The only thing I'd maybe nibble would be the black panel, but you ordered us not to do this, so I won't.

The crowd of people at the entrance makes it yet better, thanks to the minifigs, our dear fellows, there's a lot of acction in it.

I also like the details in the corner, at the first photo right. That torch and other stuff have proved, that you didn't forget about any nook of the model.

Keep up the good work!

Good luck!

Edited by Toltomeja