Sign in to follow this  
operrier

Just Good Business

Hello there!

Here's my entry for the contest. As almost all my LEGOs are currently used for Harry Potter's MOCs, I didn't have enough pieces to make a pirate set. However, I decided to do a small one on Lego Digital Designer. It's called "Just Good Business" and it represents the scene from At World's End when The Black Pearl and the Flying Dutchman attack the HMS Endeavour (and later destroy it).

I know it's a bit small but I liked how they made the little ships in the PotC Lego video game. Also, it was the only way to represent that scene with the restrictions we had. If you like it, I may post "The Kraken Attack", "The Queen Anne's Revenge" and other similar MOCs on this forum when the contest will be done.

If I win, I'd like the Mill set.

5915046407_36b43d9d23.jpg

5915606352_b2565268a3.jpg

5915045853_c65b4786cb.jpg

5915605860_fed0ed2655.jpg

5915606022_08f647fa6e.jpg

Here's the link to see more pictures:

Edited by operrier

Hey this is an interesting entry. I like the design and the idea also the realization is quite good. I'd only change the canons. Instead of the round studs and the light placers, I'd use a 1x1 brick with a technic hole through and put the technic pins into them. I also think the middle ship should not only be taller but also a bit longer and wider then the other two. For you it won't be hard to do a little fix here and there, since it's all digital. Didn't know digital entries are allowed though. I see I haven't checked the rules for a long time ... and now my entry is almost finished!

Good luck in the contest!

Hey this is an interesting entry. I like the design and the idea also the realization is quite good. I'd only change the canons. Instead of the round studs and the light placers, I'd use a 1x1 brick with a technic hole through and put the technic pins into them. I also think the middle ship should not only be taller but also a bit longer and wider then the other two. For you it won't be hard to do a little fix here and there, since it's all digital. Didn't know digital entries are allowed though. I see I haven't checked the rules for a long time ... and now my entry is almost finished!

Good luck in the contest!

Damn you just picked the scene I was making a MOC on, still we have diffrent MOC's

So I'm not going to change from ideas ATM.

I like your pretty much, thanks for sharing.

Greetz Bjornu

Edited by Bjornu

You are much better with LDD than I am. I can never seem to get that program to like me.

Anyways, I really like the MOC. I think that it's clever the way that you made the ships in micro scale so that they would all fit. I think that you did a great job on the ships using the different parts for the sails, cannonballs, and the sterns. To sum it up, this is how I would imagine these ships in micro scale.

The one thing that bothers me is the water. I don't like the aerial view of it. Maybe you could try using some SNOT and making the waves a bit more connected if that's possible with LDD. Also, if you can, I think that you should have the Endeavor blowing up and parts flying into the water.

Good luck in the voting!

Nicely done, I love how you used that crab on the Flying Dutchman's stern, perfect, I suppose some of the parts you use don't actually excist in those colors, I would've opted for a larger scale, so more detail could be added.

use the max space (32x32) you know.

Good job.

So, I've read all your comments and suggestions to improve my MOC. Here's some pictures of what I changed. You can find more of them here. I'd like to have feedback from you guys to know what to keep and what to remove.

5910949476_90ab34a6dc.jpg

Following Captain Genaro's suggestion, I changed the water. I hope it looks better like that.

5910949116_29a2f02748.jpg

Following MstrOfPppts' suggestion, I made the HMS Endeavour bigger. The only problem is that now I think it looks too big. Anyway tell me which one you prefer.

5910947824_285ae30755.jpg

Again following Captain Genaro, I blew up some parts of the Endeavour to represent its destruction. I'd like to know if you prefer the ship before or during its destruction.

5910391587_785f660637.jpg

Again following MstrOfPppts' suggestion, I replaced the cannons on all the ships. I think its better like that.

5910390211_af2f0f090a.jpg

Just a complete view of the new version of my Moc.

So now please tell me what you think I should keep or not!

Edited by operrier

You're very good with LDD, operrier. :thumbup: Very nice ships, especially for such a scale. The colours and style of each ship are just perfect. If I were you, I would use the latest version (new cannons and trans-blue water), but using the old design of the HMS Endeavour. Good luck and I'm looking forward to those LEGO Harry Potter creations! :pir_laugh2:

Wow, this is far better than the first thing! Don't forget to update the first post with these pics (since I think those are the ones used to link to from the voting thread).

When I suggested making the Endeavour bigger I had in mind something like 3 studs :) But I know it's hard to find pieces that are 3 studs wide to connect everything and to create the curves. Still I think this version is better then the first - it was just too tiny ... Also the destruction and flying parts looks great.

I also like how you removed the cannonballs "paths" - that's not possible creating the MOC in real :D

You're very good with LDD, operrier. :thumbup: Very nice ships, especially for such a scale. The colours and style of each ship are just perfect. If I were you, I would use the latest version (new cannons and trans-blue water), but using the old design of the HMS Endeavour. Good luck and I'm looking forward to those LEGO Harry Potter creations! :pir_laugh2:

That's funny how everybody says I'm good with LDD as I've just learned how to use it a week ago XD But thanks anyway.

I will in fact change the water and I'll try to decide myself for the Endeavour.

For my Harry Potter MOCs, I'm beginning to do all of them on LDD so I can destroy them to do something else. I will try to post them on the licensed forum as soon as possible!

Wow, this is far better than the first thing! Don't forget to update the first post with these pics (since I think those are the ones used to link to from the voting thread).

When I suggested making the Endeavour bigger I had in mind something like 3 studs :) But I know it's hard to find pieces that are 3 studs wide to connect everything and to create the curves. Still I think this version is better then the first - it was just too tiny ... Also the destruction and flying parts looks great.

I also like how you removed the cannonballs "paths" - that's not possible creating the MOC in real :D

I tried to do it with 3 studs but it was too difficult as the pieces I used originally were almost all 2 studs. With 4 studs I just needed to put them it he middle. Anyway I'm trying to decide which version of the HMS Endeavour to chose. I don't have a lot of time to decide!

Edited by operrier

BLACK PEARL

What I like the most is its prow, but I must say that the stern is also well done. I'm quite impressed by the effect you've achieved by using only 2 colours.

HMS ENDAVOUR

Its prow is maybe a bit too wide, but I know how difficult accurate building in micro-scale may be, and I love the fish there! I also like the sails and stern.

DUTCHMAN

First thing I noticed are some details, like the teeth at the prow and a crab. :pir-classic: Its colours are also well selected.

In all three ships I like the portholes. I'd only maybe move the ships a bit, only 1 stud forward or back, because when standing neatly in row they may look a bit strange.

The water is also wel done now, I mean the colour and the waves as well.

Good job, good luck!

Edited by Toltomeja

I absolutely love this MOC! I am a huge fan of mini LEGO pirate ship MOCing! But to get in to detail, I really love how you made the HMS Endeavor itself, including the sails and cannons.

Keep making more for us to see!pirate_classic.gif

I absolutely love this MOC! I am a huge fan of mini LEGO pirate ship MOCing! But to get in to detail, I really love how you made the HMS Endeavor itself, including the sails and cannons.

Keep making more for us to see!pirate_classic.gif

Captain Spyro, you should read our Site Guidelines that you agreed to when you signed up for EB. The Site Guidelines will provide you a link to the Revisiting old topics (Bumping) thread.

3. LEGO MOCs do date, but once again if you have something important to add then it's OK. It may sound lame, but knowing the original poster or being a long term member really makes the difference here.

In short, it's all common sense and it's hard to make clear rules about it. Feel free to consider these them if you want! :tongue:

One thing that I need to emphasise is why reviving old threads can be a bad thing. Here's a few;

1. People come and go and times and opinions change. Quoting someone, asking a question, or just assuming something based on past posts can annoy members and cause offence.

2. There's only room for so many recent topics and each bumped one bumps out another. This makes it hard to find the real new topics and can cause silly topic bumping wars and make a mess of everything. This is really annoying for people who don't have much time and find that the "new" topic they opened is really something they read last year that was bumped so someone could say "that's Kool!".

Thanks.