Has the server been given a new map? I'm no longer a moderator and there are no warps. Nor can I find anything.

No, the map isn't new, but something funny is happening to the server. Lots of commands are removed, and there seems to be a higher rate of crashing.

F3 also shows a higher rate of activity. :sceptic:

Currently setting up the server with a new permissions system. Not going so well at the moment unfortuantely, but the server is now off the whitelist. Users not registered are unable to build (yay it works!).

Well, this has been interesting.

For a few months now, my Minecraft hasn't been working. A few weeks after getting 1.8.1, I attempted to add stuff to the splash file. Since then, Minecraft has refused to open. A few mintues ago, I attemped for the third time to download the latest 1.9 Prerelease, to see if it would work. Well, me can't spel opened... but it was sitll 1.8.1. Although I'm glad to have Minecraft working again, I am a little confused as to why I don't have the Prerelease. Help?

Notch on our server!

Nice try, the actual Notch's name is in yellow/gold. Virtually everyone should know that. :tongue:

Minecraft is released in three days, so any major glitches or bugs would probably be cleared up. My game has been freezing and crashing a lot more lately.

I don't know if anyone psoted this, but someone on Cuusoo posted the idea of LEGO Minecraft. Personally, this will rock, and I advice all of you to support .

Interesting. Personally, I'd like booster packs. I could also imagine all of the small sets combining to become a large map.

These (at the top) would be nice.

Just one problem, Minecraft is (or is meant to be) an "indie" game, meaning a license would be pretty far away from reality. I know there's been merchandise and various ports of the game which aren't out yet, but it's rather unlikely.

Interesting. Personally, I'd like booster packs. I could also imagine all of the small sets combining to become a large map.

These (at the top) would be nice.

Just one problem, Minecraft is (or is meant to be) an "indie" game, meaning a license would be pretty far away from reality. I know there's been merchandise and various ports of the game which aren't out yet, but it's rather unlikely.

Normally I'd agree with you, but LEGO posted this on the idea:

Also, we have already been in contact with Mojang and they are open to a potential collaboration. So, the licensing is not a concern. If the project continues to move forward, we are confident we'll be able to work out the licensing details.

So the licensing isn't a problem. Getting to 10,000 is the only thing in the way of LEGO Minecraft.

Normally I'd agree with you, but LEGO posted this on the idea:

Also, we have already been in contact with Mojang and they are open to a potential collaboration. So, the licensing is not a concern. If the project continues to move forward, we are confident we'll be able to work out the licensing details.

So the licensing isn't a problem. Getting to 10,000 is the only thing in the way of LEGO Minecraft.

Oh gosh. That's interesting.

I think they've got quite a bit of potential with Minecraft. It'll be a bit like a mix of the Creator and Games lines, and seeing how the game already has so many players, it's definitely an option.

I hope they don't use minifigures though. I'd like to see a new type of figure, similar to a minifigure but boxier like the characters in-game.

Everything said, some stuff on Cuusoo is great while most is rather mediocre and extremely unrealistic, but this could have some potential.

Delta I agree with you on the figure, unique boxy legs arms and body with a blocky head would be great but I would only like it if it was the same size as the normal figures. Anyway I would kill for a lego mine craft line it would be amazing. They could sell different biomes sets like the different heroica games and could sell little battle packs with a player, creeper, skeleton, zombie, (maybe an enderman), some animals and a few printed tools. Well that's just me dreaming but you get the idea. Anyone have an exact day full release is happening I haven't downloaded the 1.9 prereleases but I can't wait to use snow golems as sentries to my base.

Anyone have an exact day full release is happening I haven't downloaded the 1.9 prereleases but I can't wait to use snow golems as sentries to my base.

The full release should be either tomorrow or the day after. The full release is now gold (i.e. it's officially completed) so it will be out soon.

I seem to be posting a lot in this thread. Nothing better to do I guess. :tongue: I'll photoshop a few images to illustrate my ideas if a licensed theme ever comes out.

Another thing, someone posted a comment about a program where you can select a chunk from an actual Minecraft map and then create it with pieces, similar to LDD. After that, you can then purchase the chunk as an actual set.

Though that would be a great idea, support for LDD's set-buying feature will be closing next year, so it seems like an impossibility. Depending on how the pieces look, if they look exactly as they do in-game, that might be too expensive to be viable anyway.

I just purchased the full game after watching some tutorials on YouTube and playing the free classic version for a little while. I'd like to be able to visit the Eurobricks Server and maybe contribute something, if I may and when I'm a little more experienced and also when I've solved this awful lag/crashing problem I've been getting :sceptic:

I just purchased the full game after watching some tutorials on YouTube and playing the free classic version for a little while. I'd like to be able to visit the Eurobricks Server and maybe contribute something, if I may and when I'm a little more experienced and also when I've solved this awful lag/crashing problem I've been getting :sceptic:

Yeah, it happens to me a lot too. It sometimes happens even when idle on the main menu, which is really annoying.

Sorry for yet another post, but I've got some concept images in progress. This is the first:

6352158971_f30105a67a.jpg

The full-sized version on my Flickr is approximately life-sized. Also, the Ghast is not one piece.

I've been working on the new map. It essentially follows Delta 38's island idea. It was meant to be smaller than the current map, but, well, that kind of didn't happen.

The mainland will be the location of the spawn and the main city. It is mostly flat land with the occasional body of water. It will be seperated into lots for players to build architecture.

BifG7.jpg

QAZ4J.jpg

afl7V.jpg

It does however have some beaches with varied terrain.

LenM9.jpg

dbhsN.jpg

To the north there is some mountains for a different feel.

bBgd5.jpg

m4EaN.jpg

The flatlands is for artworks and other miscellaneous creations. Its really flat and boring.

tq1IR.jpg

There is a desert island with a small island of trees in the middle as a kind of oasis.

Hzmzc.jpg

cyRZz.jpg

The Medieval islands are varied in terrain, with both steep mountains and rolling hills, all with waterfront views.

07nvl.jpg

33eRR.jpg

The tropical atoll is the home of the pirates, with small chunks of land sticking out of the seas.

StQVr.jpg

uwsg4.jpg

There is the snow capped lands to the East.

N2l0c.jpg

The badlands to the North-West.

bTF79.jpg

And an island to the South-West with steep cliff and rugged coastline.

gLqLg.jpg

r3SQj.jpg

The majority of these lands will be linked with roads just like before. There is a vast amound of space between these areas: the biomes are a lot bigger than before. Therefore there is still heaps (*HEAPS*) of water, so there will be lots of little islands for players to make a fort or house on.

Any comments? Anything you'd like to see added?

I'm definitely burrowing into some of those mountains. :sweet:

That's great! A couple of suggestions though...

I think the spawn should be on a separate island altogether, with warps to other islands. With the spawn island, we can have messageboards, rules etc. that wouldn't fit in the town, and it'll be a lot less confusing and easier to navigate.

Some islands that could potentially be added: swamp island (small or part of an existing one), mushroom island (though you have to wait until full release, and don't place any giant mushrooms!), and maybe change the "badlands" to be more solid with lava instead of water.

By the way, is it possible to edit the Nether (and the End)? If so, both should be significantly flatter, because the Nether isn't a very good place to build.

Edit: Maybe a volcanic area? :classic:

Edited by Delta 38

So, I have finally got a new laptop and I am desperate to get on Minecraft, but I am really confused at where to start. Should I mod? Any tips or good tricks that could help me? I don't want to die every night! :laugh:

Is it possible to create a big tree, to create little houses inside :P ? (Serious, though)

Is it possible to create a big tree, to create little houses inside :P ? (Serious, though)

Possibly, just be careful with the leaf-decay. Or, you could creates a giant cluster of trees and make a home among that, similar to what people have been doing with the Huge Mushrooms.

Also, could you please PM me the IP back, pinioncorp? I've kind of forgotten it. I'll also try to be more active in the new server, once you bring in that awesome new map and update it to the full release.

I wonder if many people noticed by half-finished Red 2x4 Mansion. :blush:

The new map looks sexy. I disagree with the use of all those roads though, and if we do have them then lets make it less static and feel like more fun than a bedrock line.

Also Pin, near the town plan I was trying out some voxel sniper which was fine. However it seems that after I had removed a segment of the bedrock path, that it will not allow me to place the bedrock back, so could you please do that for me.

Oh, also, for the new roads, there is a plugin called Minecart Mania which you may want to take a look at.

Ey, more Lego Minecraft, this time on The Brother's Brick. :sweet:

6355989663_3f5f384157.jpg

New maps lookin' awesome there. And we should have the full version of Minecraft to play it on too! :thumbup:

Possibly, just be careful with the leaf-decay.

Leaf blocks only decay if they're natural, so that shouldn't really be a problem. You could always place more blocks.

I disagree with the use of all those roads though, and if we do have them then lets make it less static and feel like more fun than a bedrock line.

I was thinking that we have specific "roads" based on the island. A dirt path in the desert, a log path in the forest...

Also something cool I've found is that lilypads are solid, so you can effectively walk on water and make a road to islands.

1.0 is out now, but the server seems to be down because of it. The server may still work if you haven't updated.

1.0 is out now, but the server seems to be down because of it. The server may still work if you haven't updated.

Oh good, I'm not the only one with this problem.