Sign in to follow this  
lightningtiger

MOC - John Deere Dealership

Just a quick single shot to start off.

0000_1_tractor_dealer_099.jpg

The interior and a tractor to go display will come later on either today or tomorrow.

Comments and suggestions are very welcome ! :classic:

Lt, what is "John Deere Dealership", what is sold there?

Lt, what is "John Deere Dealership", what is sold there?

Well 'HeLena', before others jump in......

04527.jpg

And that might be the tractor that I'll make. :wink:

Keep those comments comming ! :wink:

With the Lego tractor (One of the better small sets of the last couple of years currently being on sale at shop at home, I picked a few up yesterday with this intention :-)

Can't wait to see more :-)

I have started on the tractor, but I need to buy parts for it.

So I might post a W-I-P shot of the tractor later on tonight. :wink:

Wow, great dealership, LT! I love the way you designed the roof with the green plates and grille bricks, and the inverted slopes 'holding up' the sign give the entire store a really nice touch. :thumbup: I'm certainly looking forward to the tractor!

By the way, how do you make your decals? Do you use waterslide decal paper or something else?

Wow, great dealership, LT! I love the way you designed the roof with the green plates and grille bricks, and the inverted slopes 'holding up' the sign give the entire store a really nice touch. :thumbup: I'm certainly looking forward to the tractor!

By the way, how do you make your decals? Do you use waterslide decal paper or something else?

Thanks 'Captain T', oh and those stickers are ink jet printed photo sticker paper from Officeworks.

The tractor is 50% complete, so tomorrow sometime I'll be posting it.

Keep on watching ! :grin:

Great job, Lightning Tiger! :thumbup:

This MOC has the usual LT-quality standards :laugh:

The white windows work great, muche better than if they were yellow or green, which would be a bit much. :thumbup:

Thanks 'icy brick', 'Fuzzy' and 'Artifex' for your kind words, interior and tractor get completed today...though I have to check the scale of my model against a minifig and a real one and balance it out I think. :blush:

Oh, any suggestions of things to go inside and out too ? :grin:

I get to run the real JD's every day, but this is where it's at, great building my friend, I am impressed.

Thank you 'legodac' for your kind words, oh I forgot the roll bar, so....

0000_1_tractor_dealer_095.jpg

More to come.....but I'm not sure if the roll bar is too high compared to the seat/steering wheel ?

Comment On ! :wink:

The roll bar is little too high but eleways great mo..tractor :grin:

Edited by icy brick

Thanks 'icy brick' and 'tongue60' for your comments, I'll check the scale of the roll bar tomorrow with an image from the JD website.

Keep on watching.....oh, any suggestions on equipment I can make for it and other tractors ? :wink:

Nice building and really superb tractor MOC but having grown up in areas with farms and farming/tractor equipment your building needs to be a lot bigger. All the dealerships I have ever seen are these huge buildings with lots of windows in the front to show off the newer equipment (tractors, etc.) they have received but also have garages in the back portion for maintance operations. John Deere makes tons of equipment. You could visit there website to get some ideas of things to include but I think some riding/standing lawn mowers would look good. Also bucket or tilling attachments for the tractor could be displayed, snowblowers and some 4x4s or 4x6s - the Gator utility vehicle (I built one of these as a 4x4 in green and yellow for a town creation I'm currently building here is a link to brickshelf with a pic of it: My link. :classic:

Here is a link to the US website: My link

Thanks for the comments 'gcanik', I already have the Aussie JD web site open in one of my tabs right now (has been all day too :wink: ).

Now the MOC is going going to be a 16x16 showroom/office and a 32x16 plate out front. I must control the growth of my town so it doesn't blow my budget ! :blush:

Keep those comments and suggestions comming ! :classic:

I love the tractor, LT! :thumbup: I personally think that the roll bar is perfect where it is, but for the lights (the orange lights hanging off the roll bar), the bottom light (on both sides) should be a black 1x1 plate, and the top one (on both sides) should be a 1x1 trans-orange plate. Keep up the good work! :sweet:

Thanks 'Captain T' for your comments, the light brackets are that size because it must carry indicators/brake lights/work lights like a real one of these tractors do. Use the earlier image to compare.....anyway parts buying day to today so that means update day later on. :wink:

Nice :classic:

But i've never seen a john deere store that small. I live near one and It's probably bigger than a Walmart *huh*

Edited by sputnik16

Thanks for the positive comments 'sputnik16' and 'LCM' - gee a JD dealer smaller than a Walmart ! :laugh:

Interior work today.....I hope, posting soon. :sweet:

Just a quick update.

0000_1_tractor_dealer_094.jpg

Tomorrow hopefully I will have more work done to the building again, plus photograph it positioned in the town layout.

Brick On everyone. :sweet: