legodac

Hello! My name is legodac

Hey everyone, how's it goin' eh? I finally made it here and that is really cool. I am a Lego Club member and I do belong to a few of the other Lego based web sites, though I think this one easily stands out as being one the biggest I have ever encountered.

I live in a town called Gormley, which is in Ontario Canada. It's about 20 km north of Toronto. My wife and I have lived here for over 20 years, and is indeed a great place to live.

I am 49 years old and a Grandfather to six, and yes, they all get Lego for Christmas and their birthdays.

I've been building with Lego since the age of 5, and of course, I would likely be a better builder if it weren't for the Dreaded Dark Years.

I spend a lot of my spare time building all kinds of things, from Lego to scratch built miniature models and from fences to electric based inventions. I am a Licensed electrician in the province of Ontario. I am also an apprentice truck and coach technician. I hold an A-Z licence (big rigs), I also am a level 4/5 Wreckmaster in the Towing industry. I've spent a few years in High Voltage line work as well.

I love to work to make money so I can buy more Lego, my collection rivals most stores.

I love camping and sports, though I don't watch sports on television at all.

I truly enjoy sharing my creations with others and viewing theirs as well.

Very happy to be here and thanks for such a great place to be...Keep on Brickn' eh! default_satisfied.gif

Welcome to the forum legodac, you nailed the intro part!!

I enjoyed reading it and it makes me happy that you are able to enjoy LEGO's with your grandkids. You'll be number one grandpa for a long time to come with gifts like LEGO!

Thank you both for the welcome, I think I'll fit in nicely here. Hey Big Cam, does joining a group require some special amount of something or does one get invited? Hey 12 Volt, may I call you that? Nice sig old man, love the train collection, they must be your creations, very cool!

I'm big into trains too.

Thanks Blackknight112, I would be happy to oblige, though I must find out something first, btw, have we met somewhere else? Your username is very familiar. Anyway, I need to know if it is allowed to post my past creations in the new creations forum, old to me but new to most here.

Thanks Blackknight112, I would be happy to oblige, though I must find out something first, btw, have we met somewhere else? Your username is very familiar. Anyway, I need to know if it is allowed to post my past creations in the new creations forum, old to me but new to most here.

Hello, legodac, and welcome to Eurobricks!

Posting your creations would be most welcome. There isn't a forum dedicated to new creations; instead, chose the most appropriate forum for the MOC. For example, looking at your signature, the train tunnel would be best placed in Train Tech, and the tank in Special Themes.

I'd also suggest posting in a 'normal' font - paradoxically, people are less likely to read what you write if you post in a 'shouty' font :sweet: . You might also consider fixing your signature - a carriage return between the text and the pics should sort it out :wink:

Have fun, and do ask if you have any questions!

Rufus

Thank you Rufus, your warm welcome, your answer to my question and your friendly advice are most welcome, though I have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to my signature, thanks again

Welcome aboard, legodac.

Are you aware of Brickfete in Toronto towards the end of July?

Welcome to EB, legodac! :classic: Hope you enjoy the site.

does joining a group require some special amount of something or does one get invited?

Not sure what you mean by that. If you're talking about User Groups/Ranks you can read about them here.

Thank you Rufus, your warm welcome, your answer to my question and your friendly advice are most welcome, though I have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to my signature, thanks again

He means some of your pics are on the first line and some on the second. You should put them all on the second.

Welcome to EB, legodac! :classic: Hope you enjoy the site.

Not sure what you mean by that. If you're talking about User Groups/Ranks you can read about them here.

He means some of your pics are on the first line and some on the second. You should put them all on the second.

At Dr_Spock, no I wasn't buddy, I've never been to any Lego convention, I wish you could tell me more.

At Brickdoctor, well thanks alot eh, I was confused when i saw all the different starred headings under each users avatar, then when I ranked up after posting a few, I realized it had to do with posting, not teams.

As for my sig, I'm still confused, looks okay to me after viewing my post, a line on top and four pics below, though I wish I knew how to separate them a little

Hey legodac, welcome to the forum!

Eurobricks is an incredibly informative source of knowledge about the LEGO hobby, and it's great fun talking with all sorts of LEGO enthusiasts worldwide. I'm sure you'll find this to be as wonderful of a site to visit as I did (and still do!).

As for my sig, I'm still confused, looks okay to me after viewing my post, a line on top and four pics below, though I wish I knew how to separate them a little

It could be your monitor size. On mine I see one pic on top and the rest below. Just start a new line by yourself by pressing 'Enter' or 'Return' between the first pic and the period.

It could be your monitor size. On mine I see one pic on top and the rest below. Just start a new line by yourself by pressing 'Enter' or 'Return' between the first pic and the period.

Brickdoctor is correct. Here's what I see:

5896773386_26f168ee9f.jpg

In your signature editing page, place the cursor immediately before the first tag and press return. Otherwise the admins will shout at you for having too large a signature! :classic: