JimH

Solid Gold C3PO question

1 hour ago, Brikkyy13 said:

The description claims the last one sold for $300,000, and that the one your son had is now listed for $1,200,000 *huh*

That is not the one my son sold. And we could not get verification on the 300,000.00 one either. it will be interesting to see what happens

Personally I don't trust anything that seller says. Firstly, he's selling a paperweight that he knows only what has been told to him, and is claiming it to be guaranteed authentic from lego. That it could be one of a kind, or not, as he knows nothing about it. How can he make such a claim without any form of confirmation? I could make one of them eeeeeeaaasily out of clear resin and claim the exact same thing. 

He's selling an empty plain blister for an sdcc figure (just the transparent clear bit!) for $500! Like wtf kinda person would be stupid enough to do that?! Wouldn't be difficult to get one made for less than that, then claim its a genuine one.... 

While I do believe he has the genuine gold figure, he looks to be talking a load of crap to squeeze as much money as he can from absolutely anything. 

Edited by Fuppylodders

1 hour ago, Fuppylodders said:

Personally I don't trust anything that seller says. Firstly, he's selling a paperweight that he knows only what has been told to him, and is claiming it to be guaranteed authentic from lego. That it could be one of a kind, or not, as he knows nothing about it. How can he make such a claim without any form of confirmation? I could make one of them eeeeeeaaasily out of clear resin and claim the exact same thing. 

He's selling an empty plain blister for an sdcc figure (just the transparent clear bit!) for $500! Like wtf kinda person would be stupid enough to do that?! Wouldn't be difficult to get one made for less than that, then claim its a genuine one.... 

While I do believe he has the genuine gold figure, he looks to be talking a load of crap to squeeze as much money as he can from absolutely anything. 

I checked and yeah, that $500 blister pack is sus. There's also a $500,000 sports card, and while I'm no expert on sports trading cards, $500,000 seems like a lot more than someone would pay for a piece of paper.

There is absolutely no way anyone with a sane mind will buy that for anything over 70K. Either those last couple of bids are completely artificial inflation or "prank" fake bids.
Either way, the posters' bid threshold hasn't been reached yet (check the automatic bids), so this item won't be sold until someone bid high enough to pass that set threshold.

Also the top bidder hasn't bid on anything else in the last month... totally not suspicious.

With 24 hours left... lets see how this goes.

Edited by hadidi1999