JimH

Solid Gold C3PO question

Table saw?. Don't cut yourself short (pardon pun), as dynamic as you are you should at least be a compound miter box saw.

Thanks for taking the humor (again at your expense though) intended with my photo. You should make it your avatar. Oh and Go Blues!

Table saw?. Don't cut yourself short (pardon pun), as dynamic as you are you should at least be a compound miter box saw.

Thanks for taking the humor (again at your expense though) intended with my photo. You should make it your avatar. Oh and Go Blues!

Dont worry all in the name of fun right?

On 5/4/2016 at 7:49 PM, JimH said:

Any updates? Was it sold yet?

Hello all,

Many of you may have come across my father JimH in this thread. If you have read any of his posts, you would understand that I am one of the five winners of Lego Magazine's 14k Solid Gold C-3PO Lego mini figure giveaways from the Spring/Summer of 2007. As I am much older now and will be graduating from college in the Spring, my desire to sell the piece has increased. The revenue generated from selling the figure will help put me in a nicer financial standing as I head off into the real world. Thus, I have started a new thread to keep up with all who are interested in the lego figure. I will have my father comment on the new thread as proof that I am his son and owner of the C-3PO figure.

Here is the link to the new thread:

Yes Andrew I am your father! (In my best Darth Vader voice)

Update. I was not aware of the limited nature of using the eurobricks website to sell lego items and, thus, my new posts has been removed from the website.

If anyone knows other websites that are more appropriate for selling rare lego pieces, feel free to reply below. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Andrew Hoffmann said:

Update. I was not aware of the limited nature of using the eurobricks website to sell lego items and, thus, my new posts has been removed from the website.

If anyone knows other websites that are more appropriate for selling rare lego pieces, feel free to reply below. Thanks.

There is a Facebook group with Star Wars collectors which you could use to garner interest. There is even a guy who bought a gold 3PO and is looking for the other metal figures. It's this one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/257818974402353/

Also I'm sure the owner of minifigpriceguide.com would love to see if he can get the figure from you.

Personally unless someone gives you an insane offer, I'd put it for sale on a place for eBay and gather interest from as many people as possible. Recently there was a George Lucas minifig for sale and it garnered quite a bit of attention. I'm sure there is a good number of fans with deep pockets who would love to give you good offers for this guy. If I recall correctly the George Lucas minifig was sold by around 11K. Good luck!

Before you part ways with this guy, though, make sure to take as many pics as you can. Feel free to share some HD pics with the community from different angles. :classic:

If you do list it somewhere, make sure to let places like TBB and other Lego news sites know so that you get more exposure. Helps you and also increases the chances someone who dreams of owning one might hear of it and get a chance to make an offer.

just put it on bricklink for a ridiculous price 50000 dollar/euro orso,,...     someday someone cannot resist the urge to buy it!!

Good luck :sweet:

I'll just start by saying man, you are lucky. I'm very jealous and would probably buy this in a heartbeat if I wasn't so financially restricted :laugh: 

Having just read through this thread, the first couple of pages give some great info on what you could do to sell it. In a nutshell: post in several forums, get word of mouth within the community then put it up on ebay (with a reserve price) and advertise. If you do decide to post it for sale, no doubt you'll grab the attention of the LEGO community, with the auction more than likely being reported on by the LEGO news sites (like Brickset does with catawiki - which may be a good place to post it? idk someone chime in here please).

As far as I know the others have yet to be sold, so there really is no telling what you could get for it. All the best to you, good luck :classic:

Best bet for selling it is Ebay for this, the listing will spread like wildfire.

Personally I'd list it for £5k minimum and let the auction run for a solid 30 days, once one person bids on it, it will take off. One did sell on Ebay a long while back.

I would note though that you need to be very very careful on selling it online, I would only use a major courier fully insured for the maximum limit of the sale and certainly do not meet and sell for cash in person, I know Ebay take a huge 10% and paypal as well but in this day and age it's like meeting someone to sell a 69 Omega Speedmaster, not the most expensive but very very rare, people do stupid things to get their dirty hands on things. And as well state in the bids they must have at least 10 positive feedbacks (you can remove bids from an auction on ebay), anyone piping up after ebay being around since 1995 with 0 feedback is a serious warning sign for something like this.

I'd love to see how much this goes for. Please keep this updated.

First of all congratulations on winning that gem to any not just lego but Star Wars collector 

now selling like said here there's a page on Facebook that has massive of lego Star Wars one i peticular comes to mind only because he has probably the best biggest lego Star Wars collection he iven has the 3 framed bobas and still looking for others 

ebay got to see the more you get the more fees you have but definitely the best way to get more but first advertise it take pics like we use on theme pages name date and show it to the masses 

one thing is teu me I would like to know that went to someone that appreciate as a collector not as a way to invest in money 

but hey let the bigger pockets win it but once the word is out their will be a lot of interest in it

hace a good one

Hey my son has joined that face book and it seems to be paying heavy dividends.

13 hours ago, JimH said:

Yeah some knob heads in there and most are just jealous of your some winning it

and got to see that we had a few scammers so people now aren't as much friendly 

but think he should have put a pic with his first post lots of haters wouldn't have comment 

only mention that page because of a member that has a massive collection and he does pay top dólar for stuff wen he could wait a few weeks but he don't care he just wants and pays for it and to be honest seen many collections but like his none

me personality was happy just by seeing the pic mate

have a good one and remember theirs always going to be haters troules what ever they are

all the best

Guys just thought I would pass on the fact that my son did sell his. However terms of the agreement restrict from posting the price or the buyer. I can say though his is the third one sold to date that can be verified. So 1/5, 4/5 & 5/5 have been sold as far as I know.

On 16/08/2017 at 1:30 AM, JimH said:

My Australian friend has aquier one recently 

wen I mentioned that Facebook page was thinking on him

glad in the end all went well

try your luck again may end up with r2-d2 platinum 

all the best

4 hours ago, Scarfacetuga said:

My Australian friend has aquier one recently 

wen I mentioned that Facebook page was thinking on him

glad in the end all went well

try your luck again may end up with r2-d2 platinum 

all the best

Which one did your friend get?