What is the dimensions for the new wheels?

The WHEELS are Bricklink Part 44772, "Wheel 56mm D. x 34mm Technic Racing Medium". They are The Lego Group (TLG) Part 4211845.

The TIRES are a new size (94.3 x 38 R). They are TLG Part 4610381; they don't have a Bricklink number yet.

I have received my 8110 today, once assembled the pneumatic system fails. I have spoken with Lego and I get the new piece in 10 days. Until then I use the old one. Sorry for my googlenglish...

dscn3972s.jpg

dscn3969y.jpg

It's a good job TLG spotted this early on. I wonder how this happened, I mean the old pump is a well tried and tested part and is quite reliable. I can't see how this small change in length would have meant a change in the design of the seals, which I guess is what's gone wrong.

Thanks for the review.

This looks Like a great set looks much better with Black rims. Also on the box looks like you can put the arm on the front?

Thanks for the review.

This looks Like a great set looks much better with Black rims. Also on the box looks like you can put the arm on the front?

@legoman132 Hello Friend, I send you a message at your instructables account, can you check it please, thanks in advance, its about a ROV im building.

Has anyone made an attempt to r/c this yet,it would make the ultimate offroad vehical with its 4wd any suspension,would it be easy just add a motor for driving or would it need to be geared down?

Edited by davidmull

Has anyone made an attempt to r/c this yet,it would make the ultimate offroad vehical with its 4wd any suspension,would it be easy just add a motor for driving or would it need to be geared down?

I don't know how strong the gear train is, but every time I see a set with the fake motor I think, hey? The motor is geared directly to the diff, could I take out the fake motor and put a pf xl motor instead? The hand of god typically is even more convenient to put a m motor and a worm gear, too. I tried on the off roader, but the gear train was quite weak. That will be one of my first mods when I get my hands on this set. :)

thats what i was thinking is removing engine and putting an xl in there but would it not need to be geared down?

thats what i was thinking is removing engine and putting an xl in there but would it not need to be geared down?

The drive train looks quite strong, the axles look very strong. I haven't got this set yet but I would think that replacing the two 16t gears with an 8t and a 24t gear would be enough with the xl motor powering it.

The drive train looks quite strong, the axles look very strong. I haven't got this set yet but I would think that replacing the two 16t gears with an 8t and a 24t gear would be enough with the xl motor powering it.

Replace which 16t gears,will an xl motor fit where the engine is do u think?

Replace which 16t gears,will an xl motor fit where the engine is do u think?

in the portal axle blocks, so youd need 4 24 tooth and 4 8 tooth gears for each of the portal blocks

in the portal axle blocks, so youd need 4 24 tooth and 4 8 tooth gears for each of the portal blocks

I tried to motorize it by replacing the dummy-motor with an XL motor. The whole thing was not geared down enough. It was too fast.

Replaying the two 16 tooth gears would require e redesign of the portal-axles though. The 24 tooth gears would not fit in the original setup.

Regards,

Gerhard

I tried to motorize it by replacing the dummy-motor with an XL motor. The whole thing was not geared down enough. It was too fast.

Replaying the two 16 tooth gears would require e redesign of the portal-axles though. The 24 tooth gears would not fit in the original setup.

Regards,

Gerhard

8 and 24 should fit in the new portal hubs! try 8 and 20 than.

Regards,

Gerhard

According to this picture, they fit perfectly.

TBs_20110628_118.jpg

TBs_20110628_118.jpg

What speed or torque would u have using this gear option and would u be running an XL motor directly onto the output shaft from the original engine in the unimog?if so this will be quiet an easy mod!

Yes that is correct. They fit in the new part. But that is not what I mean.

For example there a 2 L-shape things and some other parts that "are in the way" of the 24tooth gear. See this picturefor example. This is what needs some redesign.

Regards,

Gerhard

Yes that is correct. They fit in the new part. But that is not what I mean.

For example there a 2 L-shape things and some other parts that "are in the way" of the 24tooth gear. See this picturefor example. This is what needs some redesign.

Regards,

Gerhard

Maybe you could use a 12t/20t combo?

jojoguy10

Great review! :classic:

I'm thinking of getting this see now

I found a link to the 'mystery of the panhard rod'. If you want to have a look, i got the link below.

Review:http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2011/02/tbs-techreview-13-8110-unimog-u400.html

Panhard rod:http://technicbricks.blogspot.com/2011/07/8110-unimog-u400-panhard-rod.html

Edited by JCHY

My first technic set after getting back in to lego, this has knocked my 10210 Flagship of the podium. I had lots of fun building this and it's going in a display case for all to enjoy.

No matter how many imperfections one may se this set has this is still my favorite set, having 2 of these and affectionately calling them "the Twins" I made an expedition style support vehicle for the A and B model combo which has all the pneumatics attachments to it, while the other one has the power winch and a customized pickup bed transformed into a miniature cargo hold for supplies, troops for humanitarian missions, animals for research purposes and conservation.

Now that Lego's produced 42043, 8110 in comparison feels odd and underdeveloped.

I have and intend to see the differences of each set, although by height and width the old 'Mog is a winner, we'll find out once I built my 42043 (I'm gathering the necessary parts I'll integrate once I start the big build), this however I can tell the 8110 has one of the finest suspensions for a flagship set, 3 workings diffs portal axles and an authentic 4 cylinder engine setup which for a vehicle this size is quite odd but MB Trucks has proven that wrong.

Now that Lego's produced 42043, 8110 in comparison feels odd and underdeveloped.

Isn't that the nature of all Lego sets however? In fact, there is a recent post on here taking about this very fact with 8421. Therefore, I think this perception is not specific to 8110, but a generalization that can be made for most sets......