Sign in to follow this  
xenologer

Classic Space Rebuilds

Since there aren't really any interesting Space sets nowadays...

I find myself re-interpreting Classic designs...

6810-1.1105158268.thumb2.jpg

Here's a little patrol flier inspired by 6810 Laser Ranger

4c97f98d-b29b-4518-abcd-a8a09993ac92_product_560x380.jpg

I'm really happy with how it turned out, retro design, but still looks believable in a 'space biker' kind of context. Worthwhile price too. I'll have to make a few color variants and buy a small fleet....

Anyone else re-making Classic Space?

Interesting ! Some major pieces are mssing in ldd though, which will make it harder ! I'm not into classic space that much (beside my precious futuron monorail) so I'd go more into remaking Mtron and Iceplanet.

i like the original design of that ship but the modern version is really cool...i love it...it may be better than the original...i wish if LEGO return to make space sets...make a set like this

Ah yes, if only they could go back to their own space universe ! That would be neat !

Yeah, I would like to do some Mtron and later era styles too, but so far I'm limited to just their smaller ground vehicles since LDD lacks the large sloped windscreen that was so common on spacecraft for that time.

It's unfortunate, but I get the feeling that part http://media.peeron.com/ldraw/images/42/2507.png has been discontinued. Since it hasn't shown up in any sets, instead theres the smaller click-hinge version...