Sign in to follow this  
ED-209

Thor & Loki

After seeing the latest Marvel movie (and tin7's excellent figs!), I knew I wanted some Lego Thor figures of my own! The parts arrived this week, so here's the end result:

The god of Thunder and Storms, Thor:

Thor01.jpg

The god of Lies and Mischief, Loki:

Loki01.jpg

The two of them together:

LokiThor01.jpg

Thor's hammer Mjolnir is brick-built, and Loki wields Odin's spear Gungnir (courtesy of the fine folks at BrickForge!)

I plan to try my hand at sculpting helmets for them at a later stage, and I'll make a figure of Odin too if the helmets turn out OK. :laugh:

The costumes from the movie are so complex and intricate it was hard to know what elements to use in the decals and what to simplify or omit, but here are the files for anyone interested:

Thor03.jpg

Loki01.jpg

And just for good measure, I threw together some Harry Potter parts to make two of Thor's mortal companions; Dr. Jane Foster and Prof. Erik Selvig. Their outfits aren't accurate to the film, but I might make some decals of them too.

ThorJaneErik01.jpg

As always, and questions and/or feedback would be most appreciated! :sweet:

ED-209 I really like th eway you captured Thor. I think you have him down very well. :sweet:

Very professional-looking decals! Your custom Thor looks really accurate with the movie version (Chris Hemsworth), the IJ head and girl hair is a perfect combo. Even the brickbuilt Mjolnir is very well done. Great job overall! :thumbup:

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I've done a few more decals, of Foster and Selvig in more movie accurate outfits:

JaneFoster.jpg

ErikSelvig01.jpg

ErikSelvig02.jpg

I think I'll make some more outfits once the BluRay comes out and I can get some decent screenshots. I want to do one of Darcy Lewis, and one or two of Thor's Earth clothes.

Another pretty good job there Ed! It´s been a while since you posted your last decals,it was worth the wait! :classic:

Now excuse me, I try and find the movie so I can finally watch it

Thanks! :grin:

The movie is not as good as Iron Man, but better than Iron Man 2, IMO. Just go into it with the knowledge of the Flash Gordon space opera vibe! :wink:

These are terrific. Now all you need are the helmets :tongue:

It's great to see more of your work!

Thanks tin7, that's high praise indeed coming from you! Your Marvel figures were one of the inspirations for me to make these. :sweet:

I will do the helmets, well I'll try to at any rate. I'm not sure how they'll turn out, but I hope to find some time to start on them on the weekend.

Do you have any work on other Marvel characters? Or Thor characters (i.e. Odin, Warriors Three, Sif, Frigga)? I'd love to see those!

~tin7_creations

Those look great man, If I had to suggest one thing it'd be to make those black lines bolder. Then they'll come out even better on the figs.