Fires-storm

MOC: Blood Hawk

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Well, I decided to come back from a long and sleepy absence from Eurobricks, so I'll hit back in with one of my favorite things, airplanes!

The Blood Hawk was an experimental fighter design used mostly by the Japanese Aerocorps, and designed by scientists working for the Mitsubishi company. This airplane is fairly revolutionary with built in horizontal stabilizers in the wings, as well as a 12000 horse power engine. Also a fairly dangerous option, being that all this power and a different steering method makes the airplane dangerously hard to control.

now on to pics:

first up, a nice angle pic:

5631620779_0b56c58440_z.jpg

Now a dead on:

5637710822_66964345ca_z.jpg

Side on!

5637711292_25aef92f73_z.jpg

Rear view:

5637135135_fb2d2a7dc0_z.jpg

Also something I'm positively thrilled about, working flaps!

5637712392_1b314550ba_z.jpg

4th wall commentary:

This is actually one of my favorite planes, even though it is long since retired. Also it was a fairly quick build, as it only took me around 5 hours of continuous work to put together! I hope you all enjoy it!

Edited by Fires-storm

Interesting concept plane; was it a real aeroplane? I tried a google search, but came up with nothing. Either way, I like it - but I'm a little confused as to how pitch is controlled :laugh:

Nice design of the wings, and those engines look powerful :thumbup:

Nice to see you back with your plane MOCs FS! I simply love the unique angled SNOT wings of this one and the red-black color combo really fits the unique design of this plane very well. Great job as always! :thumbup: Though I'm curious to know if the wings are sturdily attached to the body?

Interesting concept plane; was it a real aeroplane? I tried a google search, but came up with nothing. Either way, I like it - but I'm a little confused as to how pitch is controlled :laugh:

Nice design of the wings, and those engines look powerful :thumbup:

Nope, it is a completely original design, though I'm thrilled the history sounds that official, lol! Also, as in the description, the Ailerons are designed to control both pitch and turning, sorta like a horizontal stabilizer and Aileron combined!

Nice to see you back with your plane MOCs FS! I simply love the unique angled SNOT wings of this one and the red-black color combo really fits the unique design of this plane very well. Great job as always! :thumbup: Though I'm curious to know if the wings are sturdily attached to the body?

Truth be told, each wing is only connected to the body by two studs, but because of the pressure of the hinge set up, it really is quite sturdy! Glad you like it!

Nice red and black checkerboard pattern behind the prop area.

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

Nope, it is a completely original design, though I'm thrilled the history sounds that official, lol! Also, as in the description, the Ailerons are designed to control both pitch and turning, sorta like a horizontal stabilizer and Aileron combined!

Does that work? Sounds impractical to me. Oh wait, that's the beauty of fiction - of course it works! :laugh::wink:

And yes, your description sounded very realistic - had me fooled :blush: Well-researched! :thumbup:

Does that work? Sounds impractical to me. Oh wait, that's the beauty of fiction - of course it works! :laugh::wink:

And yes, your description sounded very realistic - had me fooled :blush: Well-researched! :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm glad you think so, and actually, the beauty of it is that it works in real life as well! In fact, one of America's most well known airplanes that it works on is the B-2 Spirit stealth bomber! I simply adapted the tech from flying wing to a regular fighter :classic:

Nice work with this, Fires-storm. :classic: Planes with SNOT wings bent at some place are some of my favorites. (though I can't seem to do one myself that's strong enough to hold itself up)

Nice work with this, Fires-storm. :classic: Planes with SNOT wings bent at some place are some of my favorites. (though I can't seem to do one myself that's strong enough to hold itself up)

Thanks, I'm so glad you like it! I must admit, the wings were a dickens to figure out how to mount correctly!