Nannan

Mirage

Here’s the latest collab between Tyler and me called Mirage, I know we just posted Oasis here recently, but don’t be fooled into thinking we built a new diorama in just two weeks. Mirage was built over the course of 6 months. It’s inspired by the concept of a sanctuary in the sky built without baseplates. Thus, the form of this diorama is the main highlight.

5884563822_93ce63fd1a_z.jpg

High in the sky, the guardians of the seven virtues watch over and protect the world below from falling into a sinful abyss.

Flickr

MOCpages

Teasers

Very impressive. I like the organic feel of the city, it could be in the sky or on the water even :classic:

The colors and buildings look very nice, for some reason I want to see some trans-dark-blue but maybe I'm just thirsty!

I like that you haven't cluttered it up with too many buildings and yet it doesn't look barren. :thumbup:

Wow. I am impressed. It actually looks very organic, with the hexagonal shapes. It reminds me of some board game, but I don't remember the name. Great job overall. BTW, if you don't mind me asking, how many pieces does this beauty take up?

Most impressive. I love all the octagons of varying heights. :wub: I'm not sure if it's the color scheme, but I don't find this as eye-catching as Oasis. Nevertheless, the sheer size is enough to blow me away, and I'm still looking for details. Are there going to be minifigs populating the MOC, other than the seven guardians?

Wow, what a drop-dead gorgeous beauty of a creation this is! :wub: The sheer massive scale and intricately-detailed nature of this unique build is certainly most impressive. I really like the fact how this looks like a futuristic "green city", combining the elements of modern design with the organic-looking details. Excellent collaboration by the both of you, congrats! :thumbup:

Holy crap! I’ll add something of importance once I get over the wow factor. *oh2*

Edited:

Elevated platforms are slick I’ve been thinking about this for my next Mega MOC but you two have just crushed it! I’ll have to rethink it to even come close to something half as interesting.

Additional comments added to Flickr. :thumbup:

Edited by Rook

Fantastic. I'm surprised that you didn't bring this to BW?

Sure it doesn't have fancy moving parts, but it's absolutely gorgeous.

Okay, I popped my eyes back in my head........AWESOME, what else can I say ! :excited:

Totally Brick On 'Nannan' ! :grin:

That was wonderful. Great parts use throughout. Lots of new ideas.

I would love to see this in person. :classic:

Wow, this is great. How do you come up with all these fantastic projects? I'm very interested in how you start planning a MOC on this scale. Do you start with small MOCs and ideas and see how they could be connected or do do have a finished concept and colour palette and work from there?

Thanks for the comments, Mirage was inspired by the concept of a sky garden. It was molded around the modular platform design that eventually gave way to everything you see in the photo.