Sign in to follow this  
Quarryman

Belville Mafia: signup

banner.jpg

Quentin de Belle-ville had it all; tons of money from a business empire dealing in chocolate and perfume, more power than any sane man would want, and a loving and caring family to share it all with. Except.. they were perhaps not all as loving and caring as they would like to pretend to be.. in his later years it became more and more obvious that some members of the family were Not Loyal and plotting to take control of the family business empire. So in an attempt to solve this problem once and for all Quentin has gathered the family for one last reunion at his splendid mansion.

Luckily one does not make it to the top of the lucrative chocolate and perfume market without acquiring more than a few enemies along the way, and thus making it necessary to have means to deal with such enemies. So Quentin has, with the help of various old accomplishes and henchmen, solutions to dispatch of the dead bodies without the FBI finding out what is going on at the Belle-ville mansion and will have his family vote to kill one member each Day until the threat to the Family is dead and buried...

There are two sides in Belville Mafia (BM): Loyals and Not Loyals. To win the Loyals need to find and kill all the Not Loyal family members, while the Not Loyals need to outnumber the Loyal family members.

Belville Mafia mostly uses the standard rules for mafia games that most of you should know by now, so I'm not going to waste your time by repeating them here.

There are however a couple of differences:

• There are no clues in the pictures, anyone referring to them as such will be mod-killed
  • The use of private communication* is forbidden (yes, really. It would only hurt your chances of winning anyway)
  • A Day will last a maximum of 48 hours, followed by Night which will last a maximum of 24 hours. This means you have quite a short time to send in your Night actions, and will have to pay close attention to what's going on.
  • A Day that ends without a conviction will have a random death among the non-voters

(*: by "private communication" I mean communication outside the Day threads. The Not Loyals are of course allowed to communicate in private though, details about how I prefer this to take place will be in your role PMs.)

As there is only 13 slots available in Belville Mafia most of you will not get to play, this is unfortunate, but that's how it has to be to get a small and fast game. (it also happens to be the amount of Belville figs I have available for this :blush:)

And a final warning: if you're easily offended, for instance by LEGO figs doing "adult stuff" you might want to avoid this game.. :devil_laugh:

So, assuming you still want to participate in this silliness I want you to do two things:

• First, post in this thread about your desire to play (feel free to include anything you think might be relevant regarding your performance as a Mafia player on Eurobricks, but this is not required) and any plans to be away from Eurobricks during the month of July. (I honestly don't expect this to take all of July, but better safe than sorry)
  • Secondly, send me a PM answering two questions: a) assuming you're Loyal please outline how you want to find and get rid of the Not Loyals, and b) assuming you're Not Loyal please outline how you want to maximize your chances of winning as quickly as possible.

Signups closes at 00:00 UTC Friday 1st of July, which is a little over 74 hours after this post, good luck. :classic:

Edited by Quarryman

At long last! :sweet:

No plans to go anywhere between now and July. I'm quite excited to have the chance to sign up for an Advanced EB Mafia game after completing Isla Paradisa Mafia School, in which, I'll be honest, I think I could've done better and won in large part due to some newbie mistakes by other players, so I'm eager to play a full-fledged game. PM going out soon.

After all, Belville and Gatling guns - what could be better? :drool:

Pweeeeeeeeease Quarry! Consider me! I'll be here for all of July, and I'd love to play a PM-free game! :wub:

And if you don't pick me, I'll post all the other Brickworld pics :devil_laugh:

And if Rufus doesn't convince you, then pick me! :cry_happy:

(no worries if you don't, though)

No plans to be away for July, and you know how much I've been looking forward to this! :sweet:

I'd like to play! My sig may jog your memory of the various roles I've played, and may in turn allow you to remember your opinion of how I played (if that fails, I have a real nice picture of Edvard Munch that would fit nicely in your pockets! :grin: ). I've been in several recent games, and even though I'd love to play again, I wouldn't feel devastated if I wasn't picked.

I'm free till mid August, and even then I should have access to internet even then.

I would like to play and all travel has been completed for the foreseeable future.

This looks brilliant! I'd love to be part of this, if you'd let me. I am going on holiday, but there's Internet connection at the house so it hardly matters. If you don't choose me to play, then I'll be sure to watch this at the sidelines, as I can already tell it will be hilarious.

I have played in one game before: Sandy's excellent Escape from Isla Paradisa. I didn't do too well in it, but I did pass, so I can play the game. I'd like to play in a non-school game, though, so please consider me.

Thanks for the opportunity, even if I'm not chosen!

Edited by Gregorovich

Hello!

I'd love to play!

1. I'll be gone until July 1 through July 4th. I hope that this doesn't affect chances of playing!

2. I'll send my PMs after this post.

I hope I will be chosen. And if I'm not, I wish all the players good luck!

At last! :drool:

It's been ages since the last mafia, and be needing my fix. No plans between now and August, if it does take that long for some reason. I've played a total of 4 mafia games. Haven't played since Werewolf. Hope you'll consider me a spot. :sweet:

I would love to play! :laugh: I have played in one game before; I was Claudia Toscana in Sandy's Escape from Isla Paradisa Mafia School.

I have no travel plans for July.

My PM will be sent very soon.

I really hope you'll consider me, as I would love to play in an advanced game! :sweet:

Yay! At long last! :sweet:

-I've been in Zepher's mafia game, Eurodina. I survived for quite a while before a bandwagon formed against me. Then I was in Bob's Mystery game, Red Scare Mystery. I survived to the conclusion, but I didn't win. I did however win Shadows's massacre called Village of the Bloody Damned. I haven't been in one for a while, but it wasn't for a lack of signing up and trying.

-Travel plans? After my vacation from Hell last month, I don't think I could ever travel again. :sick:

-PM to follow!

I would love to play. I've been in a couple Mafias now. As far as traveling all I have planned is a trip this weekend and I should have internet there.

If not chosen (which is likely), this should be a delightful game to watch since it will all be out there in the open. It'll be interesting to see how those playing will deal without PMs.

The use of PMs is forbidden (yes, really. It would only hurt your chances of winning anyway)

IRC? Writeboards? How far reaching is this rule meant to be? What's the penalty?

IRC? Writeboards? How far reaching is this rule meant to be? What's the penalty?

Damn you for taking all my questions. :tongue:

I too would love to play. I hosted a Paradisa Mafia, so it's only fair and just that I get to play in a Belville-themed game, right? Right?

Good day, sign me up, I'm ready and roaring to go! With extra roaring.

I think Shadows wants to play too, he said for me to put a word in for him. :wink:

I'm not going anywhere, here to stay for July now. Woohoo! :laugh:

I would love to play in this mafia, if only because the game format promises fast and bloody action, and that Belleville figs look so creepy. 13 players, no PMs, definitely a challenging setup! Looking forward to playing or watching this one. :moar:

I have no plans to travel, be kidnapped, become comatose or stop paying my internet bill in July.

Uhm, right. I should have been less specific it seems. :blush:

I've now changed it to "private communication", which includes all sorts of communication outside the Day threads, and added the fact that the Not Loyals are allowed to communicate in private. For those of you who assumed the scum weren't allowed to communicate in private in your signup PMs, don't worry, I won't hold it against you. :classic: (and some of your ideas were in fact quite clever).

Now, I realize I can't possibly enforce this rule, so I'm asking you all to respect it, you really will only hurt your chances of winning if you start breaking this rule, so please don't do it. :classic:

Obviously, if someone comes to me saying that such-and-such player has been breaking the rule I will investigate, and if it turns out to be true a warning will be given, and if it's a repeated offence they will be mod-killed. I don't believe in penalty votes, if you mess up you die. Consider yourself warned. :devil:

You are of course free to PM me with questions unsuitable for the discussion thread. :classic:

I'd love to play in this, but unfortunately won't be available to play in July. :cry_sad: Have fun everyone!

And, if it's a real kill-fest, be sure to sign me up for the next one if I'm not back yet for the next game (Hinck?).

I'd very much like to play please, Quarry.

I've been in four games so far, one of which I won with you. :wink:

I haven't played for months now and would like to get back into Mafia games.

I have no plans to go away during July.

PM on the way.

Thank you! :classic:

Hey Quarryman,

I have been waiting for a new game and would love to take part in a Belville setting, it intrigues me and I would really enjoy the experience. History? Well I have had the pleasure of playing in 8 games and hope to play in many more over my time. I am always eager to learn more and enjoy a new type of experience on EB and hope you will select me for this opportunity.

I have no plans until August in which I go on holiday so I am good for this game. Expect a PM from me soon. :classic:

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to sign up for what looks like a great game.

Eskallon

Oh, what is this madness? Looks like the place for me! I sent you a pm with the required information, then I deleted it after reading it for you. I think that covers that, right? :grin:

I think Shadows wants to play too, he said for me to put a word in for him. :wink:

Shut up, Booker. :tongue:

Oh, what is this madness? Looks like the place for me!

Oh please scary Madmin, don't hurt us... :enough:

:tongue:

Edited by Eskallon

A Belville Mafia? I definitely didn't see that one coming...

I'm interested in playing if there is a free slot available.

Sirius