Sign in to follow this  
Tamamono

MOC: Pizza Restaurant

indexed.gif B-OV-14C

Well, it's my 500th post, and I'm a knight now! (:sweet:) I wanted to do something special to commemorate it, so I decided to share my restaurant. This is one of the many buildings in my town (a good 90% of them are unfinished), and I'll be showing off the rest of them as they are completed!

So, without further ado...

pizza_1.jpg

Welcome to the pizza restaurant! I'm still searching for a good name for it; if anyone has any ideas, please let me know! :wink:

pizza_2.jpg

The front of the restaurant.

pizza_3.jpg

The side. Notice that there are no technic bricks in the side of it; my town is not modular. It's more of a 'seaside resort' town, and there is plenty of room between buildings.

pizza_4.jpg

Here's the interior.

pizza_5.jpg

The waiter brings back the plate of a satisfied customer.

pizza_6.jpg

A businessman on his lunch break waits patiently for his pizza.

pizza_7.jpg

The waiter can pick up the customer's food at the little window.

pizza_8.jpg

The pizza chef takes another one of his masterpieces out of the oven.

pizza_9.jpg

Here's the sink. Apparently, the owner of the restaurant is too cheap to hire a dishwasher. :tongue: (Sorry for the blurry picture!)

pizza_10.jpg

This is where the stairs let out on the second floor.

pizza_12.jpg

Here's more of the second floor. There are some nice potted plants to add to the customers' overall dining experience.

pizza_11.jpg

A woman sips her iced tea while she waits for dessert.

pizza_13.jpg

After a piping hot slice of pizza, you can cool down with a few scoops of homemade gelato!

pizza_14.jpg

At the end of a long day, the poor waiter has to do all the dishes! That's one disadvantage to having a staff shortage.

pizza_15.jpg

Thanks for reading! Comments, criticisms, and suggestions welcome!

Nice restaurant, Captain Tamamono! I like the colour choices, the green yellow and red work well together, and look really pizza restaurant-y. The simple square shape is nice and has a very classic-town feel. The interior is a little bare, but I love the kitchen with the sink full of dirty dishes!

I think you could improve this MOC by maybe tiling the floor? It looks a little unfinished IMO, but if you're happy with the way it looks, then who am I to judge?

Well done, anyway, and thanks for sharing with us!

Very nice pizza house 'Captain Tamamono', it's up to you to tile or not to tile ? :wink:

Leaving it as it is gives it a classic town feel, but tiling the floor will give it a modern modular feel to it. :wink:

Nice roof top dinning area and your right the owner of the place is too cheap to buy a dishwasher ! :laugh:

Brick On 'Captain Tamamono', another 500 to being a count. :wink:

Nice restaurant, Captain Tamamono! I like the colour choices, the green yellow and red work well together, and look really pizza restaurant-y. The simple square shape is nice and has a very classic-town feel. The interior is a little bare, but I love the kitchen with the sink full of dirty dishes!

I think you could improve this MOC by maybe tiling the floor? It looks a little unfinished IMO, but if you're happy with the way it looks, then who am I to judge?

Well done, anyway, and thanks for sharing with us!

Thank you very much, Gregorovich! I'm currently placing a bricklink order to help me complete some of the other buildings in my town, so it would be no trouble to buy some tile (and even sidewalk!) for the pizza restaurant.

Very nice pizza house 'Captain Tamamono', it's up to you to tile or not to tile ? :wink:

Leaving it as it is gives it a classic town feel, but tiling the floor will give it a modern modular feel to it. :wink:

Nice roof top dinning area and your right the owner of the place is too cheap to buy a dishwasher ! :laugh:

Brick On 'Captain Tamamono', another 500 to being a count. :wink:

Thanks very much, LT! As I said before, I will most likely be tiling the restaurant, so I'll post pics of that when I'm done. I'm also thinking of adding some other elements to the front (fire hydrant, mailbox, shrub, etc.).

For a moment there I thought, "what the heck does tilting the floor mean?" I just can't read.

Anyhow, this is a really good effort, and I like that you've made good use of red bricks. If you could add some tiles to the walls to represent picture frames, that would be cool.

For a moment there I thought, "what the heck does tilting the floor mean?" I just can't read.

Anyhow, this is a really good effort, and I like that you've made good use of red bricks. If you could add some tiles to the walls to represent picture frames, that would be cool.

Thanks, SilentMode! I'll keep your suggestion in mind. :wink:

Nice pizza place. I guess the owner is too cheap to put railing around the opening for the stairs. He could get sued if a customer falls through.

I think this has a really nice "Classic Town" feel to it. Great job!

Neat pizza shack 'Cpt.T' I really like how you built seating on the roof. Keep up the good work :classic:

Thank you very much, Rumble Strike and Leg Godt Gud!

Nice pizza place. I guess the owner is too cheap to put railing around the opening for the stairs. He could get sued if a customer falls through.

Thanks, dr_spock! Railing around the opening for the stairs, huh? I'll look into it! :wink:

Love it but as others have said the floor really needs developing :) keep up the good work :cry_happy:

Lovely and creative!

:moar:

Maybe putting take away window on outside or something like that?

Thanks, icy brick! A take-out window is a great idea, but I don't know if it will fit. I'll keep the idea in mind, though!

Love it but as others have said the floor really needs developing :) keep up the good work :cry_happy:

Thanks, Badger! I'm currently working on the floor, and let me tell you, tiles make a big difference!

If you are looking for com constructive criticism: I would like to see a red or black tile on the top row for the roof to rest on. I also think some texture on the big red walls is called for, adding some of:

It does remind me of sets from my childhood, classic town.

If you are looking for com constructive criticism: I would like to see a red or black tile on the top row for the roof to rest on. I also think some texture on the big red walls is called for, adding some of:

It does remind me of sets from my childhood, classic town.

Thanks, Follows Closely! I have been thinking of giving the walls some texture, and a red or black tile row for the roof to rest on is a good idea. :thumbup: I'll keep your suggestions in mind!

Sorry for the bump and the double post, but I finally got around to photographing the changes I made!

pizza_v2_1.png

First of all, I added some sidewalk and a street lamp. I also took Follows Closely's suggestion and added a layer of red tiles under the roof.

pizza_v2_2.png

Here's the side of the building. All that sidewalk is actually an alleyway.

pizza_v2_7.png

I took dr_spock's suggestion and added some railing around the stairs. Other than that, there are no changes to the roof.

pizza_v2_3.png

Here I've done what many have suggested and added some black and white tiles to the floor.

pizza_v2_4.png

I also took SilentMode's suggestion and added a picture to the wall.

pizza_v2_5.png

Here's the kitchen. I decided to tile this part entirely in white, and I have to admit, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

pizza_v2_6.png

And here's an overhead view of the entire interior!

Thanks for looking! Comments, criticisms, and suggestions welcome! :sweet:

Just a couple posts later and this could've been the 1000th post follow-up to the 500th post creation. :laugh:

Amazing how much of a difference tiles make, it looked good already but now it looks very clean and finished. Great update!

Is that pizza art official or custom? It looks like an abstract pizza. Or Pacman.

Hope to see your other buildings soon!

Just a couple posts later and this could've been the 1000th post follow-up to the 500th post creation. :laugh:

Amazing how much of a difference tiles make, it looked good already but now it looks very clean and finished. Great update!

Is that pizza art official or custom? It looks like an abstract pizza. Or Pacman.

Hope to see your other buildings soon!

Thanks, Skipper!

The tile is an official part, and it comes in this set. Although I have to agree that it does look a bit like Pac-man! :laugh:

Nice changes 'Captain Tamamono', though food safety inspectors say stainless steel kitchen prep area's are now required...thats light bluey grey in places than all white. :wink:

Still it's a nice classic town inspired design....Brick On 'Captain Tamamono' ! :classic:

Nice changes 'Captain Tamamono', though food safety inspectors say stainless steel kitchen prep area's are now required...thats light bluey grey in places than all white. :wink:

Still it's a nice classic town inspired design....Brick On 'Captain Tamamono' ! :classic:

Thanks, LT! I'll keep your suggestion in mind! :wink:

Nice Restaurant I also love the colors you used.

Thanks, jth781!

Nice MOC and vintage design! :blush:

Beutiful terrace on the roof! :classic:

Thanks, LEGO Train 12 Volts!

I'll be posting another of my building either later today or tomorrow, so stay tuned! :wink:

Thanks, LT! I'll keep your suggestion in mind! :wink:

Thanks, jth781!

Thanks, LEGO Train 12 Volts!

I'll be posting another of my building either later today or tomorrow, so stay tuned! :wink:

Best lego restaraunt design ive ever seen

I would love to go there if it was real

Best lego restaraunt design ive ever seen

I would love to go there if it was real

Thank you very much, zakura! :sweet: