Sign in to follow this  
texas_jack_can

Looking for a fleet?

i think it's too high. you only get parts, no boxes, instructions, you can't even check if these sets are complete... i also don't think the minifigs are highly interesting. some look customised, the buildings aren't interesting either and are Mocs. i think you're better off getting the parts you really want on bl and let this one pass...

Oh believe me, I have no intention of buying these sets. But I figured there might be someone out there looking, possibly, for something like this. At the very least, if you like the Armada ships, here is three o' dems.

I don't think this is worth it, there is a bunch of ships which you don't even know if it contains all the pieces, and there are barley enough minifigs for them, including the 3 KK1 knights and the ninja with a pirate hat. Although I do think the buildings are interesting enough, but they problably have no interier.

I don't think this is worth it, there is a bunch of ships which you don't even know if it contains all the pieces, and there are barley enough minifigs for them, including the 3 KK1 knights and the ninja with a pirate hat. Although I do think the buildings are interesting enough, but they problably have no interier.

I would bid if it was 200... i can tell that the ships are atleast 95% complete, which is good enough for me... but 400 is way too much for that last line of pirates... And i agree, those figs are not very attractive for the auction. it makes me wonder what happened to all the minifigs that came with those four sets. i could see someone purchasing this at its current price if they want a quick pirate fix, but i would not suggest it unless one was desperate.

edit: rephrase that a bit... i can tell that 95% of the parts are still there... he did custom all the ships. its easy to tell what that last line had since there was such a small piece count.

I think this guy may have been playing one of the pirate wargames, he has the ships with the right amount of cannons for their class for evil stevie's game. his RBR is modified to hold more cannons too... too bad he doesn't have the cannons to arm all his ships and base...

You forgot the 2 adventurers and 1 undistinguishable figure there :P

Well, nice lot, but overpriced, me heartys.

Looks like the eBay lego community agreed, he relisted it with a lower starting bid. Its still too high for me, maybe if it dropped another $200, then I'd consider it :-)

Looks like the eBay lego community agreed, he relisted it with a lower starting bid. Its still too high for me, maybe if it dropped another $200, then I'd consider it :-)

i actually contacted the seller when the bid was running out and no one bid.... i said i would give her 200 bucks, she said she wanted more and listed at 269... then i wrote her and told her everything that was wrong with her posting... and told her how we had discussed it on a AFOL board.... she wrote back and said she was new at selling lego and just wanted to make some money.... she wantedthe name of the boards i was discussing on. but havent decided if i was going to give her any names of any forums... because she is liquidation her lego.. not really a fan. all we need is spam from sellers.... i also told her she should include all of the figures that came with the ships if she wants to sell it... and change her title to multiple MOCs custome lego pirate ships...

The price is too high, I am not interested in buying other people MOCs and besides I don't like buying of ebay, maybe an unexpected surprise in it, like SkaForHires story in this thread :-X

THe person relisted it for the Buy it Now for 500$. Yikes. In time it'll go down.

THe person relisted it for the Buy it Now for 500$. Yikes. In time it'll go down.

i thinksomeone crazy enough to buy at 269 american will snatch it up on the last day of the auction. $269 is in the very high range, but probably acceptable for people considering if they would have bought these all seperate it would probably run them 300 bucks (3 armada flagships at 70 a piece and RBR for 90 on auction, and then the large amount of white bricks another 25 bucks or so atleast...) so i would not look down on someone for buying this fleet (this means if you buy the fleet and you are reading this thread, you should fess up to us and let us know how these models are! :P )

The auction has ended at US $369.00!

Even though I wouldn't pay that much for it I'd say its worth the price given everything it comes with. Even if you could buy each of these creations seperately I imagine the combined cost would be greater because of the postage for each item.

As I come from a part of the world where Pirate LEGO is highly valued and the Red Beard Runner alone would sell for at least US$60.00. A standard Imperial Flagship averages about US$50.00 and here there is two of them and a third which appears to be enhanced. So that's at least another US$150.00.

Then there are the structures which make it difficult to determine exactly how many pieces there are. Regardless they are unique and that alone can attract extra bids. People seem to be more willing to pay higher for something that is constructed rather than a pile of bricks.

Finally there are Imperial Amarda mini-figures and at least 10 of them. These sell on BrickLink for anywhere between US$4 to US$10, so at the cheapest 10 of them would be $US40. However, as they are rare no one seller seems to have amassed a large number of them and therefore to get 10 you'd have you pay postage on smaller quantities contributing to the total. So 10 in one auction is usually cheaper than 10 from 4 or 5 differemt sellers.

The auction has ended at US $369.00!

Even though I wouldn't pay that much for it I'd say its worth the price given everything it comes with. Even if you could buy each of these creations seperately I imagine the combined cost would be greater because of the postage for each item.

As I come from a part of the world where Pirate LEGO is highly valued and the Red Beard Runner alone would sell for at least US$60.00. A standard Imperial Flagship averages about US$50.00 and here there is two of them and a third which appears to be enhanced. So that's at least another US$150.00.

Then there are the structures which make it difficult to determine exactly how many pieces there are. Regardless they are unique and that alone can attract extra bids. People seem to be more willing to pay higher for something that is constructed rather than a pile of bricks.

Finally there are Imperial Amarda mini-figures and at least 10 of them. These sell on BrickLink for anywhere between US$4 to US$10, so at the cheapest 10 of them would be $US40. However, as they are rare no one seller seems to have amassed a large number of them and therefore to get 10 you'd have you pay postage on smaller quantities contributing to the total. So 10 in one auction is usually cheaper than 10 from 4 or 5 differemt sellers.

where did you see that this ended? because look what i found today

Looks like they didnt sell it again

My mistake, it appears I didn't check the original auction closely enough. I seem to have failed to noticed the auction didn't attract any bids.

You wanna see a worse auction? Then check this out!

I've just checked and the seller isn't currently selling anything so does that mean the fleet has finally been sold or did the seller just give up? It would be good to know what happened to the fleet in the end...

Mr ImperialScouts did say it was relisted for $269 so perhaps someone decided that was a reasonable price and placed a bid. I think $269 is a reasonable price for what's on auction but I'd never spend that much at once on auction.

Mr ImperialScouts did say it was relisted for $269 so perhaps someone decided that was a reasonable price and placed a bid. I think $269 is a reasonable price for what's on auction but I'd never spend that much at once on auction.

i remember seeing it sold