Sign in to follow this  
filospinato

LDD: Acklay

Reverse engineered in LDD from screen shots of The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars Story Ever Told. I plan on starting in on the Reek next.

Acklay1.jpg

LDDAcklay1.jpg

This looks like a great project, filospinato. This was one of the scenes I wish TLG covered in one of their lines from ep 2. I am excited to see this one, and the Reek will be pretty cool as well. Great job reverse engineering this as well.

This looks like a great project, filospinato. This was one of the scenes I wish TLG covered in one of their lines from ep 2. I am excited to see this one, and the Reek will be pretty cool as well. Great job reverse engineering this as well.

Next year is your best chance to get an arena set.

Definitely watching this. Do you plan on making the whole scene, or just the creatures?

Nice work reverse engineering this one, filospinato. What colors did you use for that model? The tan doesn't look like tan to me.

Next year is your best chance to get an arena set.

Or the year after. Clones in 3D is a 2013 release, isn't it?

The tan doesn't look like tan to me.

In LDD it's called 'Curry'.

Here is my first iteration of the Reek, with minifig for scale.

th_Reek_CVD.jpg

LDDScreenShot10.png

LDDScreenShot11.png

Wow. :wub: I'm in love with that reek! He looks amazing! :thumbup:

Okay ignore that first bit. Anyways, they're both amazing models and the reek is definitely my favorite.

Okay, so not tan. Matches well on the Reek model, though, which looks fantastic.

This is really looking great filospinato, both these brickbuilt Acklay and Reek are very well designed, I look forward seeing them in real bricks. Great job so far. :thumbup:

Here is my first iteration of the Reek, with minifig for scale.

LDDScreenShot10.png

Looking great filospinato. It looks better than the Acklay :thumbup:.

Excellent LDD work there 'filospinato', I as well can not wait to see these brick built ! :grin:

Edited by lightningtiger

Hello!

It's a nice and easy to build Acklay. :classic:

Reverse engineered in LDD from screen shots of The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars Story Ever Told. I plan on starting in on the Reek next.

I guess you are referring to

. The Reek is a different building style and much more complex. It's not out of this movie when I watched correctly. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

The Reek is a different building style and much more complex. It's not out of this movie when I watched correctly.

Right, the Reek is something I came up with yesterday, it's my own design. I've been working on the Nexu today, we'll see where I end up, may post pics of it tonight.

Wow, as others have stated, the Reek is absolutely stunning. Looks extremely organic and very to scale.

I will be eagerly awaiting the Nexu, which has always been my favorite of the trio. :)

Right, the Reek is something I came up with yesterday, it's my own design.

Yep, that's what I like to see. :sweet:

Looking forward seeing more creatures. :classic:

Cheers,

Christopher

Love that Reek filospinato, very solid, formidable looking beastie! Have you attempted to build it yet? Would be great to see pictures of the real thing.

The Acklay is not bad but it's face could do with some improvement: the teeth look more like mandibles and together with the stud eyes give it a more insect-like appearance than it should have. The Acklay has 3 eyes too! I think to get the most out of these details the scale would need to be upped somewhat.

The Acklay is not bad but it's face could do with some improvement: the teeth look more like mandibles and together with the stud eyes give it a more insect-like appearance than it should have. The Acklay has 3 eyes too! I think to get the most out of these details the scale would need to be upped somewhat.

Agreed, I might try my own version of it, this one was from the video. The Nexu is coming together, still not ready to be shown yet but getting there.

Agreed, I might try my own version of it, this one was from the video. The Nexu is coming together, still not ready to be shown yet but getting there.

Looking foward to seeing it filo! :wink: