Still Raindrop

MOC: Ice Cream Parlor

indexed.gif B-OM-20C

My first modular building was a soda shop; however, I decided I'd rather have an ice cream parlor in my town. So I changed a few details on the soda shop and changed it into an ice cream shop. Yum!

Here is the exterior:

030.jpg

And the interior:

031.jpg

A freezer where customers can buy tubs of ice cream:

032.jpg

A nice variety of ice cream:

034.jpg

Another satisfied customer:

036.jpg

I'd love to hear what everyone thinks about it. Thanks for looking!

Nice art-deco inspired creation 'Mariko', but who left the freezer door open eh ? :laugh:

Neat ice cream scoop and again the frontage....art-deco.....I just love art-deco styling ! :wub:

More designs please 'Mariko' and Brick On ! :excited:

Another great creation 'Mariko'. I scream for ice cream! Every town needs one! Lovely design, I love how you made the cone on top an the inside is simply great. Keep up the great work :classic:

A very nice little MOC Mariko! I simply love how the design of this shop fits perfectly for an ice cream parlor, and despite the size its packed with the right amount of details. Very well done! :thumbup:

Great little ice cream parlor, Mariko.

All the interior details are very nice and that exterior with the great ice cream cone looks just right.

Well done.

:classic: :classic:

Great ice cream parlour, Mariko! The outside looks perfect, with it's brilliant sign and the nice brickwork. The inside also looks nice, with it's tiled floor and the good furnishings. Well done, and thanks for sharing!

Incredible ice cream parlor, Mariko! The exterior itself is great, but the real star of this MOC is the interior! The counter, the ice cream bins, the red and white tiles, the freezer full of ice cream... Fantastic job, Mariko!

I love it! You may wanna get some of those ice cream thingie's that come with the MODular sets to complete this piece!

Great ice cream parlor! With the red and white color scheme and art deco style it reminds me of the one at the local dairy in my old hometown. Nice work!

Wonderful.....wait a sec, YELLOW ICECREAM! :sick:

I've never seen yellow ice cream.

If you have, could you tell me?

Very nice! A perfectly-sized building which is simple yet elegant. If you can find some room, perhaps add a milkshake-making machine.

Well done on this beautiful little moc, do my eyes deceive me, or did you seriously manage to cram all that beautiful detail onto one 16x32 base plate!? Well done on this beauty, you packed so much detail and care into it's creation I can't pick just one favorite thing :thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Fires-storm

Thanks, everyone! I'm so glad you like it! I think that making it an ice cream shop has made it much more lively than it was as a soda shop. enrgie, I might have to do that--currently I only have those pieces in the amber color of the hazmat guy's suit, and I don't have any 1x1 round plates in that color for the cooler.

Sputnik16, I asked the ice cream store owner about his yellow ice cream, and he has informed me that it is lemon-flavored.

Fires-storm, I did indeed use a 16x32 baseplate; I'm glad it works and looks good! I used this size for most of my modular buildings simply because I don't have enough bricks to make many buildings on 32x32 baseplates :tongue:

wow. I'm so stupid. I forgot about lemon flavored icecream!

Edited by sputnik16

I'm really enjoying your buildings as they are quite nice. I like this one a lot but would like to see behind the counter items like a soda machine or a milkshake maker. It seems like you have a good amount of extra space to make it happen. Either way it's still a really cool MOC. Keep 'em coming!!

Very nice! A perfectly-sized building which is simple yet elegant. If you can find some room, perhaps add a milkshake-making machine.

Saw this after I posted - sorry

Edited by 22kane