Sign in to follow this  
Superkalle

Now possible to attach LXF-files to post

General information to LDD-users: It's now possible to attach LXF files directly to a post without zipping it first.

Yes, but if folks are limited to a quota only 150k of Attachments, Zipping the LXF file will save some of the allocation. I've attached (perhaps 8) small .lxf files on various posts, and only have 2kB left to use. :sad: Will Eurobricks ever increase this 150kB allocation?

Edited by DLuders

Yes, but if folks are limited to a quota only 150k of Attachments, Zipping the LXF file will save some of the allocation. I've attached (perhaps 8) small .lxf files on various posts, and only have 2kB left to use. :sad: Will Eurobricks ever increase this 150kB allocation?

I agree it's mostly useless. The issue has come up several times, but generally we've had enough server load issues as it was so adding to them isn't smart since we're a non-profit site. It's possible...

This is a good feature indeed, though with the limited file size allocation for members, I'd still go with the usual Brickshelf uploading - it's more convenient and I haven't experienced any problem using it.

I think this feature can be useful for experienced users, because the chance to link a file "on the fly" can be very comfortable in certain situations.

The risk is that some unexperienced users try to use it in situations where an external file hosting service would be better. For example an user that starts to post in the official set topic in this way, could realize after some set that the space is not adequate to host many files. So he should transfer all files on a file hosting service, and we should check that old posts are correctly modified and the file accessible still.

About saving space, it is not a true issue: lxf file are zip file already.

PS: it would be useful a function in the forum that create a brickshelf account associated to the user account and allow to attach there files in the composing window. I saw something like this in other forum for services such as imageshack.

it would be useful a function in the forum that create a brickshelf account associated to the user account and allow to attach there files in the composing window. I saw something like this in other forum for services such as imageshack.

As someone who uses Brickshelf extremely often in conjunction with EB, that would be a feature greatly appreciated.