Sign in to follow this  
hachiroku

[WIP] Super Star Destroyer MIDI

Hello, I love the MIDI escale (i have the Falcon and the Destroyer) and I´m building a Super Star Destroyer. I only made the top sides, and I have no idea about join them. Photos here:

IMAG0999.jpg

IMAG1002.jpg

As ir should be, more or less:

IMAG1004.jpg

I think that technic would be a good way, but i have nothing in mind.

Goodbye and thank you so much

So far, so good :thumbup: although you may want to lengthen it a little to really get the long, needle/dagger like look of the fuselage!

Try this MOC for inspiration! :classic:

So far, so good :thumbup: although you may want to lengthen it a little to really get the long, needle/dagger like look of the fuselage!

Thank you, I made longer the fuselage but I still dont know how to join it.

I'd recommend to design a frame first now, and yes, you should make this of technic because it's way stronger than a frame made out of regular bricks. Joining the plates is not the easiest part of a ship like this, but with a couple of hinges, you will come far. :thumbup:

One of the best way I've learned building techniques is by studying official sets. Deconstruct your Star Destroyer and study how Lego designed the frame so it was the right shape. Then apply that frame technique (modified and longer, of course) to this build. Hope that helps :classic:

Nice start. In regards to the length, I agree that the proportions are going to be off with this design; the ship will be too fat. That problem primarily stems from the fact that you've chosen to use wedge plates that are multiples of the 2x3 wedge plate, rather than the 3x12 wedge plate. The end result is that you have the wrong angle for your hull plating.

I am so jealous of that MOC, it's not even funny! With the exception of the engines, it's PERFECT. Sadly, I completely lack the skills needed to reverse engineer it ... but if I ever had the instructions/parts list, I'd be all over it -- it's exactly the right size for my living space, unlike the four-foot-plus beast coming this Fall...