legopapa

MOC's at Star Wars Event Legoland Germany 2011

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

Like last year we (The Dutch Moonbase team) were asked by Hein-Jan Kemperman from The Little Arms Shop to help in building new MOC's for the Star Wars Event in june 2011 in Legoland Germany.

This year was a particular challange because we had to build all new MOC's as last years MOC'S were taken down.

Sky4walker (Mike van Leeuwen) started on a large scale build of Tatooine where several scenes from the 6 movies were depicted. After 4 months of hardcore building he ended up with a 7 x 1.8 meter layout.

I started on a build that started as a joke. On Legoworld 2010 in Zwolle (NL) I was challenged by Mike and Hein-Jan to build a 10 meter long trench from the film A New Hope. Well, I accepted ...

It took me 3 month of building to complete a 6 x 1.2 meter trench including X-wing's, Tie fighters and Y-wings. All build to a 2/3 minifig scale. Tricky but it worked.

It wasn't 10 meters long but I was out of parts, baseplates and space in my hobby-room.

Other MOC"s were the enormous and highly detailed Droid Factory by a German builder, a hangar with ships from Mike's son Mitchel and a scene by Hein-Jan with the Millenium Falcon.

The event stared sad as Hein-Jan's father pasted away the first day the guys were in Gunzburg. Hein-Jan returned to Holland and Mike started alone with setting up the tent with the help of some young ladies from the park.

The event was a great succes. Just have a look at the pictures and our WEBSITE as pictures talk louder than words.

TT01.jpg

LL01.jpg

LL02.jpg

Tatooine01.jpg

TrenchRun02.jpg

Edited by legopapa

These look absolutely stunning :wub:

minor point:

two stormtroopers in the death star scene have AT-AT helmets.

Edited by Future74

Simply an outstanding collaborative display! The sheer size of the builds and the highly-detailed nature of each are extremely impressive. My hats off to all of you who had a hand on these creations (and thanks for sharing this legopapa). :thumbup:

OMG! The Tatooine is huge! Looking at Luke's home, u can see the thickness (i.e. number) of bricks used to create the diferent levels!

The walls of the Death Star is just as amazing!

Again that word appears.....AWESOME !

Thanks 'legopapa' for sharing these images, great MF on the Death Star and Tatooine is just WOW and it appears episodes 1 and 4 are covered.....a huge :thumbup: !

May the brick be with you 'legopapa' ! :grin:

What an absolute incredible MOC! :wub:

Wonderful!

P l e a s e tell me it's still on display in Günzburg. I'm going to visit the Legoland later in August.

@Holodoc ... sorry, but these MOC's were only on display for the duration of the Star Wars Event.

Edited by legopapa

:oh: Not one, but two ginormous dioramas! :wub: The Midi-scale Y-wings are my favorites. Classic LEGO look created from modern techniques.

That is absolutely the nicest SW Tatooine scene that I have ever seen in my life!!!

I would really like to see some more of these.

Top work :thumbup:

Edited by Ratshot

:cry_happy: Wow you just made my day :wub: I absolutely love both of them, and would love more pictures.

Great job :thumbup:

Are you the same group who did that killer Clone vs Droid city battle one last year?

Wow that is one heck of an awesome scene! Too cool for adequate words... They did a fantastic job building this, thumbs up as I am doing it as hard as I can! :thumbup: Great job :classic:

OMG! Absolutely amazing! There's a lot of great stuff on EB, but sometimes you see MOCs, like these, that just blow you away.

Note to self: buy a lot more tan bricks. A helluva lot more...

Oh my god! Not only are those wonderful layouts absolutely enormous, but must have cost a fortune in bricks. Not to mention the time (I'd imagine that doing that desert got pretty tedious)- but what a result!

Love the Death Star scene.

Wow! I really like the amount of detail in the Death Star trench, and the Tatooine landscape is amazing! The builders really did a great job of working in different scales! :sweet:

WOW, they are absolutely amazing, I especially love the Tatooine scene.

now we know where all those tan bricks have gone to! :laugh:

makes you wonder why you started mocing in the first place. :tongue:

Unbelievable. I'll leave it at that.

CF