Emperor Claudius Rome

Is Brickfilming dying?

It seems as though most of the Notable Brickfilmers on Youtube haven't made LEGO related videos in months. I remember two years ago how there was always at least one new film a week. But now, it seems as though your lucky if one comes out in a month. What are your thoughts?

I do agree, there aren't as brickfilmers as before, but the films that come out are mostly better..

Spugesdu, for instance, is working on some awesome films at the moment..

Nah, it's not dying. There are more people out there making LEGO animations than ever before. People like David Pagano and Garett Barati are making great animations for the LEGO company. The sheer volume of animations being produced is staggering.

Brickfilming isn't dying. It just takes a long time to make high-quality brickfilms. Keep waiting and they'll keep coming.

with technology newer and newer coming out, there is always something new or better that can be put into a brickfilm. I for one have taken nearly two whole months to make a film because of all the new special FX i can now do with AE. Remember, majority of some Brickfilmers are in still in school.

I wouldn't say brickfilming is dying at all, ofcourse you need to wait some time for a good brickfilm to be released, but it seems everyday newcomers to the field are releasing brickfilms like hotcakes, soon they'll create some good brickfilms after time and practice, so it's like a cycle really, I don't think brickfilming will die anytime soon.