BrickAvon

Dragonfly Spaceship

My link to my flickr

5867402754_ac57b91dfe_z.jpg

5867402736_6d138a58cd_z.jpg

hi guys this is my updated Dragonfly spaceship. I tried to make it look strange.

cheers

steve

Edited by KielDaMan
Deeplinked photos for better appreciation of the MOC

*oh2* That is fantastic!!! Its huge! I think this thread needs a picture included with a little more detail however.Is there an interior? The crew look great,loving the red afro dude!

Well done for building such a stunning ship!

Edited by charlieboy

hi guys this is my updated Dragonfly spaceship.

I really like the choice of colors and the overall design is wonderful.

It has a very alien feel even though it is an earth insect.

Great Job. :sweet:

Man, I thought it was a non-LEGO model at first glance. The overall design is simply fantastic with the organic-looking details, especially the whip-like protrusions and the multi-faceted eyes. Excellent work BrickAvon! :thumbup:

Oh my God, what a masterpiece! Excellent work, especially with Dragonfly's eyes and wings!

also this ship has reminded me Lexx. =)

Totally AWESOME space craft 'BrickAvon', I'm blown away by the detailing to the wings.....like WOW ! :excited:

Dam, cool work there 'BrickAvon' and Brick On ! :grin:

This is incredible! It looks like a spacecraft and an insect at the same time, and you've achieved the perfect organic look with all those curves. :thumbup:

Wow. Cool use of the curved 1x1's for the body, and the transparent parts for the eye area. My favorite part is the wings, at first I thought you had used some kinda metal thing for that area to have it as 1 part until I noticed the little hose parts. Any interior?

Edited by brickmack

Wow. Cool use of the curved 1x1's for the body, and the transparent parts for the eye area. My favorite part is the wings, at first I thought you had used some kinda metal thing for that area to have it as 1 part until I noticed the little hose parts. Any interior?

I havent done any interior for minifigs yet, but there is space in the head for a cockpit, and in the body of the craft is some power functions for the wings! I need to up loads some video of the wings moving.

thanks to ALL for the feedback

cheers

steve

Sweet, love the detailing in the “V” of the wing(s).

I remember seeing this on brickshelf and I'm glad to see it here. Words tend to fail me at times like this when I see pure epic awesomeness.

Hello!

You've studied the insectoid anatomy well as your showing a really great and real looking insect body starship here. :classic: The eye construction with the perfect colours and reflecting effect is the real eye catcher here. :wink:

Cheers,

~ Christopher