Sign in to follow this  
deen

Building a CITY

indexed.gif Layout

Here are some pictures of my current layout and some random pictures of the city. Enjoy! The ugly house on top of my bike shop will be destroyed when I get back from vacation.

cimg0933.jpg

cimg0934.jpg

cimg0941.jpg

cimg0942.jpg

cimg0943.jpg

cimg0944.jpg

cimg0945.jpg

cimg0946.jpg

Edited by Phred

You build cities like I do, that is, try to fit a lot of stuff in a compact space. :) I like the Adidas shop, the sticker works there even tho non-LEGO but my favorite is the Police Station with Statue outside. Lookin good!

You should move the Paramedic Unit. Or ditch it. Classic set, but it's taking up that outside corner on that curve plate where you can conceivably fit another larger building. Real estate seems to be at a premium here...

Car dealer is nice, cool (pardon the pun :laugh: ) ice cream shop and your city is really comming together 'deen' and Brick On ! :grin:

Amazing work! Your dedication really pays off. Each building has its own style but blends right in with the city layout. Great job, you've created quite an impressive display.

Maybe you could build a construction site to represent your next update? :classic:

It's been a while since my last update. This is my new layout. In the future I will add more baseplates to build on as I can't fit all of my buildings on this table. The bank has been moved and there are some new additions: a Lego Store, a nice star wars cannon to defend the harbor, and my bike shop and general store as seen in this topic.

Next plans are

-Moving the bank (yet again) to it's own (bigger) building

-Renovating the Lego store

-Finishing my hospital (construction site next to the adidas store)

-A record shop

cimg1547.jpg

cimg1538.jpg

cimg1541.jpg

cimg1539.jpg

cimg1545.jpg

cimg1546.jpg

comments and suggestions are welcome

Edited by deen

Some town designs are a yuk mish-mash, but yours is great.....the variety of styles, colours....you have worked hard to putting both you slant on Lego and classic town together. :thumbup:

Snowing on the beach......a time warp to Hoth is there ? :laugh:

Keep going, it all looks good so far - Brick On 'deen' ! :classic:

indexed.gif Layout

Big update. Just got the Prince of Persia set "Battle for Alamut" off sale. I desided to convert it to a middle-eastern market. Also I have change the layout slightly and added a bit of life to the streets. I'm looking for a table to put next to the one I have, so I can expand the city, as I got a couple of buildings that don't fit on the table.

Comments are welcome! Enjoy!

cimg1982.jpg

cimg1983.jpg

cimg1984.jpg

cimg1985.jpg

cimg1986.jpg

cimg1987.jpg

cimg1988.jpg

cimg1989.jpg

cimg1991.jpg

cimg1993.jpg

cimg1995.jpg

cimg1996.jpg

Edited by Phred

One wild and crazy city 'deen' ! :laugh:

Can I suggest your Alamut structure be a Persian rug store. :wink:

Keep going, keep having fun 'deen' ! :classic:

Nice to see how your city keeps growing and changing like real cities. Got a couple of ideas from those photos. Keep it up.

Wow this is an impressive town with alot going on around the streets. I didn't think much of the first few pics but it is really comming to gether with some nice buildings and things going on everywhere. Keep it up and i'm sur eit will take up the whole room before you know it.

Finished (the exterior of) a new and more impressive bank. Not quite happy with the statue yet and the building still needs interior.

Enjoy!

cimg2246.jpg

cimg2248.jpg

cimg2249.jpg