Sign in to follow this  
Legostein

The Great Temple of Yavin 4

indexed.gif

Hello everybody!

Today it's my pleasure to share a popular scene from "Star Wars: A New Hope" with you. :classic: It's the Great Temple of Yavin 4 where the rebels have their headquarters during the attack of the first Death Star.

The Great Temple of Yavin 4 is an old Massassi Temple, a leftover of the ancient Massassi species who lived on Yavin 4 long before the Rebels came to the moon. The layout is a ziggurat, a step pyramid with terraces (ziggurats were popular in ancient Mesopotamia on Earth). The special thing about the Great Temple is that it has a pentagonal base which is very hard to build in bricks. :classic:

It took a while once I had figured out a way to build a regular pentagon, and that's what I finally came up with:

pentagon.gif

With this technique the Great Temple was finally formed. It comes complete with a new 7-piece micro X-Wing design. :sweet:

yavin-4-temple-1.jpg

yavin-4-temple-2.jpg

yavin-4-temple-3.jpg

That's it for now. :classic:

Thank you for your time and interest.

Have a great sunday!

Yours Christopher.

Edited by Legostein

Amazing as usual, Legostein! You always come up with interesting techniques to make these kind of things. :excited:

Incredible Legostein, a very cleaver way to get a pentagon for a base. I love your micro X-Wing as well, but it looks a little to big :devil:. I also love the clever use of plant pieces for jungle :thumbup:.

Hello, and thank you! :classic:

You always come up with interesting techniques...

Yes that's the fun part of it when something new turns out to be an efficient solution, and others then can use it. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

How cute! I saw this on Flickr this morning and I was wondering how you had done this. It's always nice to see a new MOC from you as they're so good. Good work! :thumbup:

That's a great innovative technique, Chris, and a lovely mini :wub: Are the sides attached to each other? I imagine that'd be difficult to do. Or I guess I just just wait to see the instructions :grin:

That is an ingenious solution to the pentagonal base of this temple Chris, exemplary work once again! And with a cute micro X-Wing to boot! :thumbup:

like the above posts, i thought your base technique is good!

that must be the smallest X-Wing i have seen so far..

Hello everybody,

and thanks for all the nice comments. :classic:

Are the sides attached to each other? I imagine that'd be difficult to do. Or I guess I just just wait to see the instructions :grin:

The sides are connected with hinge bricks, the thick ones that were used to fold up classic castles for example. :classic:

And also the instructions are now available on BrickShelf (link updated in first post).

Cheers,

~ Chris

When you said you would be doing some OT minis this is not what I expected :laugh: . It's refreshing to see a 'mini' take on some OT architecture. At first glance this looks incredibly simple, but when you look closer and notice the angles and the strange position of some of the studs you realise something quite complex is happening underneath. I always enjoy looking at your instructions and this time I had to give them extra scrutiny before the secrets of your Massassi Temple were finally revealed. :thumbup:

Thank you! :classic:

At first glance this looks incredibly simple, but when you look closer and notice the angles and the strange position of some of the studs you realise something quite complex is happening underneath. I always enjoy looking at your instructions and this time I had to give them extra scrutiny before the secrets of your Massassi Temple were finally revealed. :thumbup:

You've analysed it very well! :classic:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Why are you so awesome? :cry2: Everything you do is gold. I hope TLG starts paying you soon.

Why are you so awesome? :cry2: Everything you do is gold. I hope TLG starts paying you soon.

Aww you make me blush! :blush: Thank you. :sweet:

Working for TLC would be fun, but it is much more fun to share everything with you and the community. :classic:

Cheers,

~ Chris

It appears I somehow never commented on this. :wacko: This MOC, like so many others of yours makes such good use of what I usually regard as basic bricks. That pentagon is a perfect example. :thumbup:

As already said before, you really showed us what the most basis bricks can do (and a creative Lego mind of course :wink: . An absolutely lovely model of the Great Temple. :wub:

Nice X-wing too, the smallest I've ever seen.