Sign in to follow this  
Legofan4ever88

Bricklink down?

Is anyone else having trouble getting onto bricklink? I typed out a response to a person on the chat about the lego coin dozer i'm making and when nothing came up, i restarted the room to get things going again for me(i've done it a handful of times). I heard of brickSHELF having these issues, but not bricklink.

I did run a diagonisis on the page and it showed as the site not working.

I'm having trouble too, and just as I'm trying to add new stuff to my inventory :sadnew:

EDIT: Looks like it's all back up now, yay!

Edited by dhaas06

Its down for a short while for maintenance matey,will be back up again shortly :wink:

Edited by charlieboy

I wonder what's going on. I've been hanging out around bricklink for a handful of days at this time and it's never going down for maintence except the midnight down time.

I wonder what's going on. I've been hanging out around bricklink for a handful of days at this time and it's never going down for maintence except the midnight down time.

Sometimes the Admin reindexes the database to speed things up. This takes 15-30 minutes and isn't done at the standard time (which is for backups).

Bricklink does this daily at the same time, as far as I know. Learn to plan for it.

Bricklink does this daily at the same time, as far as I know. Learn to plan for it.

The scheduled maintanance I agree, but the unplanned down time is harder to "plan" for. :wink:

The OP was at 10:30 AM. The scheduled down time is not in the morning for me at least.

The scheduled maintanance I agree, but the unplanned down time is harder to "plan" for. :wink:

The OP was at 10:30 AM. The scheduled down time is not in the morning for me at least.

Oh, that does make a difference. :blush: Sorry about that.

There was one earlier today where I noticed that both BrickLink and BrickSet were down at the same time. Since they're both hosted by NorthStar, it's a good bet that NorthStar was doing some network maintenance (or something similar), and that it wasn't really BrickLink techs per se working on it.

DaveE

These topics are, in general, annoying to me as sites are known to go down from time to time for many reasons. They usually come back before long. There's no reason to come start a topic every time you can't find a site. That's just my opinion. Sorry to be a little brash, but I wish people would have more patience when something like this happens. Then again, if it makes you feel better, post away, but I will merge all future "I can't access Bricklink" threads with this one. :sweet: