LEGO Train 12 Volts

MOD: BR01-1075

Hi everyone,

during last month I have been building this Replica of Teddy's masterpiece! :wub:

Thorsten Benter (Toastie :laugh: ) will help me in attaching rubber rings to the XL-BBB wheels for extra grip and to make a wonderful instruction (on Rail Bricks) like his previous work done for BR23.

So thank you very much Teddy & Toastie!!! :classic:

br01-1075-003.jpg

NOTE

As already said my BR 01-1075 is a replica, and there are some differences from the original one:

1) My locomotive have a 6x6 front dish (I think it fits perfectly with the boiler and I need it for the central led) but the original have a different size (4x4 dish)

2) The boiler is completely round where possible but you can't see the gap between the boliler and the main body to see the wheels beneath that

3) The coupling system is different, maybe more flexible but less technic: I haven't two pivot points

4) My tender is 7 studs wide and the boogies are quite different. I've choosen this solution to reduce the gap from my wagons with 6 standard studs.

Now enjoy the journey :wink:

br01-1075-001.jpg

br01-1075-002.jpg

br01-1075-014.jpg

br01-1075-011.jpg

br01-1075-015.jpg

br01-1075-016.jpg

br01-1075-017.jpg

br01-1075-018.jpg

br01-1075-019.jpg

br01-1075-020.jpg

br01-1075-045.jpg

br01-1075-061.jpg

br01-1075-062.jpg

br01-1075-063.jpg

...now BR23 & BR01-1075 together! :blush:

br01-1075-021.jpg

br01-1075-022.jpg

br01-1075-023.jpg

br01-1075-024.jpg

br01-1075-025.jpg

br01-1075-026.jpg

br01-1075-027.jpg

br01-1075-028.jpg

...BR01-1075 on curved track... *huh*

br01-1075-035.jpg

br01-1075-037.jpg

br01-1075-038.jpg

br01-1075-040.jpg

...some building steps... *oh2*

br01-1075-048.jpg

br01-1075-049.jpg

br01-1075-050.jpg

br01-1075-051.jpg

br01-1075-052.jpg

br01-1075-053.jpg

br01-1075-054.jpg

br01-1075-055.jpg

br01-1075-056.jpg

br01-1075-057.jpg

br01-1075-058.jpg

br01-1075-059.jpg

br01-1075-060.jpg

Complete gallery on Brickshelf

Edited by LEGO Train 12 Volts

great work! very good! nothing more to say! left speechless!

have a nice train lego day

mrBlue

Excellent work, LG12V.

Very imposing and powerful looking DB loco.

I think it's great how you've paid tribute to the Teddy's model/Toastie's assistance whilst adding your own refinements.

The result looks really nice next to your train station and the BR-23.

:classic: :classic:

Edited by AussieJimbo

Hi everyone,

during last month I have been building this Replica of Teddy's masterpiece! :wub:

Thorsten Benter (Toastie :laugh: ) will help me in attaching rubber rings to the XL-BBB wheels for extra grip and to make a wonderful instruction (on Rail Bricks) like his previous work done for BR23.

So thank you very much Teddy & Toastie!!! :classic:

Hi LT12V,

what a wonderful steam engine!

Well since you kept me updated on your progress I saw that one comin ... fantastic. Congratulations! What I find even more exciting is that you have already put together a first "electronic" version of the 01 in LDraw format. That will eventually be the basis for the instructions you were mentioning, so you have done all the hard work.

Now that crew picture is incredible ... I am proud to be part of the crew :sweet::sweet::sweet:

Thank you very much again - we will be in touch soon!

All the best and have great fun with your wonderful steamers!

Thorsten

Terrific work 'LT12V'. Excellent job on both engines! I especially like the 4-6-2 and great job on the lighting, they look great :classic:

Dear LEGO Train 12 Volts,

this is a really cool replica and I feel really honored you build one. :sweet:

It is really strange and cool at the same time to see a replica of my design.

I also think it is really cool you tweaked the design by the design choice differences you made.

There are some particular choices I made to make it look like the original BR01-1075.

That said, within the BR01-10xx range there was quite some variety.

Toastie, you are really nice to have assisted LT12V. :thumbup:

I think this is really awesome and I like the shots with the BR23! :wub:

Kind regards,

Teddy

Hi Teddy,

I'm the one honored to have met you in this project! :laugh:

Since January, when I saw for the first time the BR01-1075 I said that you had won the first prize! :thumbup:

Your masterpiece, with a couple of motors on board and the o-ring solution made by Toastie :classic: , has fixed a new era because it's amazing to see the traction directly by the locomotive (and not from the tender or the wagon in the back) and a so maniacal design! :wub:

Your steam engine was so beautiful that I couldn't wait any more ...so I've built this replica. :wink:

All the best

LT12V

Wow!! Really impressive!!!

Wonderful job LG12V, I look forward to seeing the instruction on railbricks for this beauty.

Wow!! Really impressive!!!

Wonderful job LG12V, I look forward to seeing the instruction on railbricks for this beauty.

Very Impressive!

Great engines! I like the second one. It is really cute. :wub:

Thanks you all for the compliments! :laugh:

Hi LG12V,

I saw your rebuild of Teddys BR 01-105 in this topic. It is fantastic, I like to rebuild this steam engine for my son`s Lego model railway.

At our last vacation, we was on the nice german island called Rügen. On Rügen there operating a steamtrain on a narrow-gauge railway called "Rasender Roland".

Now his biggest wish for the christmas day is a steam engine for his Lego railway.

Do you have any support for me, like a LDD file of the engine or somthing else?

Thank you in advance,

Steamtrain72

Hi LG12V,

I saw your rebuild of Teddys BR 01-105 in this topic. It is fantastic, I like to rebuild this steam engine for my son`s Lego model railway.

Do you have any support for me, like a LDD file of the engine or somthing else?

Thank you in advance,

Steamtrain72

Hi Steamtrain72,

while it doesn't hurt to ask, keep in mind that many builders do not have LDD or instruction files that they can share. Others might have them but are selling the instructions (e.g., Sava rails). That said, you can find instructions for one of the classic lego steam engines, Ben Beneke's BR 23-001-L, here in the railbricks instructions.

Hi zephyr1934,

Thank you for the note about Ben Beneke`s BR 23-001-L.

I have already downloaded the PDF instructions for the BR 23 two weeks ago, and review the whole instructions,

but in Ben Beneke`s BR 23 there is no space for motors, battery-box and receiver so I decided to build a bigger one, like the BR01 from Teddy.

In the pictures submited from LG12V, I saw he uses some kind of cad program, so i ask for the file.

Thank you & have a nice day,

Sreamtrain72

- sorry to pumb this topic again to the top -

Hi Steamtrain,

and many thanks for the compliments :laugh: ...I'have commissioned Toastie to publish my instructions and make them public on rail bricks ...until that I don't want to share my file with only one user to avoid unpleasant cases of copyright infringement :sceptic:

However if you want to build your own replica I can support you with my advices

Thanks again :classic:

Hello Steamtrain72,

the builder of the fantastic beautiful BR-01 is "Teddy" (see above in this post in his signature is a BR-01 click once on it), the colleague LEGO Train 12 Volts only has the original a "copy" created exactly as I, you'll have no choice but to count stones and studs has led me to a Respektalem result as you on:

http://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/forum/?entry=1&id=3379 # id3379

can see.

Best regards Udo aka ust60

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallo Steamtrain72,

der Erbauer der Traumhaft schönen BR-01 ist " Teddy " ( siehe weiter oben in diesem Beitrag in seiner Signatur ist eine BR-01 klick mal drauf ) ,der Kollege LEGO Train 12 Volts hat nur von der Original eine " Kopie " erstellt genau wie ich, Du wirst nicht umhinkommen Steine und Noppen zu Zählen hat bei mir auch zu einem Respektalem Ergebnis geführt, wie du auf :

http://www.1000steine.de/de/gemeinschaft/forum/?entry=1&id=3379#id3379

sehen kannst.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Udo alias ust60

- sorry to pumb this topic again to the top -

The topic almost deserved a 'sticky' status IMHO ;)

I was just thinking, would it be difficult to make some 'middle ground': controlling a train as usual, but also controlling lighting functions and then not only RED / BLUE but e.g. on the red output the engine motor and on blue a peripheral output that can turn on different actuators like lights, blinkers, sounds.

Nice Steam Engine. Looks realy realistic.

In a short time i will show my own creation of a German Steam Engine...

Hi Udo,

Nice version of the BR01 on 1000Steine, very good job. I hope, I can do something equal only with pictures…

Do you have a list of used parts for my bricklink orders?

Thank you,

Steamtrain72 (Ingo)

Edited by Steamtrain72

@Ingo: why don't you also introduce yourself here at EB.com?! (b.t.w. if you have 10 or more posts you will be able to send PM's of course).