• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

approvedgold_v2_50.png

Hello everyone,

I am back to share more of the new recent LEGO polybag releases. I am now, more of a LEGO polybag addict and I enjoy searching for these nice little ones and to me, this is no exception especially when you are both a Ninja and a Ninjago fan! Do note that even though this is my very first review in the LEGO Ninjago theme, but I am no stranger to these new characters. :wub:

Name: Dragon Fight

Theme: LEGO System / Ninjago

Year: 2011

Pieces: 31

Minifigs: 1

Price: USD N.A, GBP N.A, SGD N.A

Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original polybag image of the 30083 Dragon Fight

1%7E27.jpg

Back view of the original polybag image of the 30083 Dragon Fight

2%7E27.jpg

Stop chasing after me! I am not your lunch.

15%7E12.jpg

Oh La La! Being a huge fan of Ninja minifigures, this is one of the best way to gather huge lots of LEGO Red Ninja fighting or taming a phoenix. Oops I meant dragon. This polybag set is one of the many that was exclusively made available for The Sun Newspaper Promotion in May 2011.

I am simply crazy about this, just for one single reason! It contains a LEGO Ninja minifigure. I could not care much if this character is named after a hot blooded "Kai". I only view it as a form of a generic looking ninja for my oriental army. So, do you think this might convince you a little? If not, read on to find out more!

In addition, I also hope you like my attempt in this new photo editing which illustrates Kai running away from the Dragon in a volcanic environment. :blush:

Instruction Leaflet

4%7E25.jpg

This is a page showing the first instruction of building up the tiny dragon and over here is the other side of the instruction leaflet to finish up the built. It will be helpful if you want to build more of these.

Laying out the content

3%7E26.jpg

Judging by the content at first glance, I will never thought these parts will actually build a fun playing looking dragon. These are the remaining spare parts after completing the built.

Ninjago character - Kai

6%7E23.jpg

Here comes the main star of this review! This red ninja is given a personality and it was named as "Kai", the son of the blacksmith who is pretty hot tempered and reckless. Take a moment and watch the cartoon if you have the chance! I didn't like the whole story initially but all of that had changed after I had watched it. :grin:

This minifigure is easily available in these 5 different LEGO sets, and most of which are very inexpensive. There is no back printing or dual headed expression for this minifigure. It is just only an angry serious looking ninja that wants to wallop those skeletons nutshells.

Building the Dragon.

16%7E12.jpg

This collage shows the building process of this dragon. As you can see, the dragon size is not big but merely represents closely to a minifigure proportion. I like the head of the dragon even though it kinds of reminded me of a rooster. I don't know why I had that idea in the first place.

Different views of the completed miniature Dragon

9%7E22.jpg

10%7E21.jpg

In the images above, you can see this dragon is extremely fun to play with its different poses. The front and rear wings allows movement and it also applies the same for the head as well. It is quite a fun stuff to play with and can be used for a wizard to summon small creatures to fight on its behalf.

Time for a pose.

14%7E14.jpg

Perhaps, Sensei would like me to keep this as my pet.

12%7E18.jpg

To conclude, I like the idea of having a nice creature together with the red ninja to allow others to form a battle scene or even a pet scene. It's up to an individual to decide through imagination even though the title of this polybag set is named as "Dragon Fight". I find it worth to buy much more if I can actually find it through better distributions other than in United Kingdom which was only released for a day. I had lots of enjoyment playing with it and I believe you will feel the same way too.

Summary review

Playability: 9/10 (Fun posing dragon with a red ninja to battle with.)

Design: 8/10 (Decent looking dragon but it can be improved further to make it look like one.)

Price: 8/10 (Quite expensive and not widely available.)

Overall: 8.3/10 (Get this polybag especially if you are a ninja lover.)

I gave it a "4" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about yours?

Hope everyone of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Critics are strongly welcomed.

Pictures can be found in My Flickr and My Brickshelf (When moderated)

Another great polybagged set review Fangy, thanks for sharing! Among the three NinjaGo Sun promotional polybags, this is my most favorite since the dragon is very well-designed for such a small build, particularly with the multiple posing possibilities. I give it also a score of "4".

Great! I like the part selection, and the dragon isn't bad either. Too bad there aren't studs for the ninja to sit on the dragon's back.

I really don't like the Ninjago theme, but this set is pretty awesome. I actually hope I come across it some how, it is a must buy because I think the little dragon has an excellent design and it is an easy way to get a red ninja figure. I think it could be the coloring, but something about this tiny set really does it for me.

Thankyou for the great review!

I really love this set and I'm glad you like it too. I like this set so much I actually consider it to be one of my favourite ever sets - I think it can easily compete with normal, non-promotional sets. I like it that much and I'm glad a copy of this set managed to find it's way to you all the way from the UK so you too could be touched by it's fiery charms.

Great photo editing too!

Thank you guys. Surprised to see this set turning out to be quite popular among the rest of the Ninjago polybags!

Too bad there aren't studs for the ninja to sit on the dragon's back.

I did wish for that too, so I would place Kai on top of his ride.

I still think it looks a bit like a turkey...

Steve

I still think it looks a bit like a turkey...

I am very sure it is all about his turkey looking head. :laugh:

:tongue:

Actually, it looked more like a phoenix than a dragon, but it's cool nonetheless. I bought two when I saw them, one for home and one for work. :laugh:

Oh, and thanks for the review. Nicely done. :thumbup:

I really like the little dragon, although it's definitely strange that it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the other dragon released in the Ninjago theme. For me this was a cool little set. It is available in the US, by the way. I got one at Target. There might be some weirdness in its distribution, come to think of it, because when it was scanned at the register it didn't come up with a price.

The Ninjago theme in general really doesn't move me, but the ninjas themselves are iconic, so I got this and the Training Outpost set. That's probably going to be it for me in the Ninjago line.