Tygurah

POTC - Black Pearl!

As like everyone else Kudos for the stop motion video. I as well am starting to like the ship. When I first head and read about it, it seemed as if the ship was going to be super small. On thinking about the Size how does it compare to other ships? Would you be able to take pictures next to each and every ship separately for us as a size comparison? If it's as big as you video showed it I might make off getting the Imperial Flagship and just go right for the Black Pearl and Queen Ann's Revenge and then get the Imperial Flagship sometime in December!

As like everyone else Kudos for the stop motion video. I as well am starting to like the ship. When I first head and read about it, it seemed as if the ship was going to be super small. On thinking about the Size how does it compare to other ships? Would you be able to take pictures next to each and every ship separately for us as a size comparison? If it's as big as you video showed it I might make off getting the Imperial Flagship and just go right for the Black Pearl and Queen Ann's Revenge and then get the Imperial Flagship sometime in December!

On the size, it doesn't seem too me to be too much smaller that BB. If you've had a pirate ship before, it's size shouldn't be a surprise at all.

I read that the official release is on the 24th of October. Any chances it will be on the shelves a week or two earlier?

For the people that don't know me I work at Woodfield Mall in Illinois. I actually work right next to the Lego Discovery people in the same booth. I have been talking with them about this release. The girl that works here said that in IL atleast it is slated to come out sometime in early November. She said she thought it was the 7th to be exact. Also I thank you for the size info. I now know that it is the same size all around as the QAR!

I'm planning on getting either the Black Pearl or QAR for Xmas and having seen the video will probably go for the Black Pearl as it looks a fun build and is cheaper then QAR.

Before beginning to copy the Video Game Black Pearl in LDD....the parts need to exist. I did a search but could not find the correct Hull parts in LDD? The middle Hull part exists, but that's all I could find. Does anyone know if the BOW part exists in Ldraw?

This set looks better everytime I see it, I now seem to like it's "chunky" size.

:jollyroger:

This model by Myles has the hull pieces in it, just paint 'em black.

Good luck with it, I started it yesterday and got extremely confused and frustrated. :pir_laugh2:

Hi Skipper, I think those Hull pieces are old ones...from the BSB ship. The new hull pieces are different molds, and I plan to copy my model of the

PEARL into LDRAW once I build it, (using the Video Game ship) as the model I want to get "close" to building. If you look closely , you will notice some BS-ing up around the bow. Those are not real parts......and it looks really fudged. Talking about the curved large Rail parts....most of the other parts around this area look real.

I found the Black Pearl at my local target here in the states the other day. I didn't buy it, but I'm tempted to go back sometime this week to see if its still there. So its popping up now. Anyone else see it?

The Toys"r"us website says that you can buy The Black Pearl at the stores ,but not the site.

@kevblee: if you don't have the front piece of the ship in LDD, you might be using an older version, where the middle piece was in there but only the vikings front/back if I'm not mistaken. Update LDD to the newest version it's 1.4 I think ...

@kevblee: if you don't have the front piece of the ship in LDD, you might be using an older version, where the middle piece was in there but only the vikings front/back if I'm not mistaken. Update LDD to the newest version it's 1.4 I think ...

I was trying to find parts on LDD, I found hull parts but only the new ones, the old ones weren't there unfortunatly :pir_bawling:

Yes that is the case. Also the roped ladders are only the straight new ones, not the older ones that were slightly angled, which I prefer to the new ones. I guess they mentioned LDD not being optimized enough for containing all the existing pieces, once I was asking about all the missing decals in the Digital subforum ...

The Toys"r"us website says that you can buy The Black Pearl at the stores ,but not the site.

I actually called a few Toys"R"Us stores to see if they had it but no luck!

Thanks, but aren't you able to login to ldraw and download just the parts you need? I enter those numbers

under the parts tracker, and nothing shows up? Any advice about this?

While it looks a lot better than any of the photos would have led me to believe I still find the QAR to be a better set. It just has cooler details and looks more interesting. I guess thats' why I prefer the video game BP, it looks more interesting and has better angles.

Edited by gotoAndLego

The QAR is more of a completed ship, it seems. The Pearl needs at least one more cannon. I think the $20.00 makes a big difference in what the designer can do. I would have like to have seen a more complex design like the video game for this one. It's really just not possible at this price point though. But I'm happy we at least get one, and can customize away! Why do I feel like this one may be the last POC set we get..... :pir-cry_sad:

For those who can't wait for a review, There's alrdy one

I must say that the deck looks much better than I expected it to be... :thumbup:

Still not in my local Fenwicks.

I have some great and easy mods for this ship like a second deck, better rudder and just some spare rigging to add to the masts.

:jollyroger: