Tygurah

POTC - Black Pearl!

i think the peal is a really Good Play set From my opinion But A REALLY BAD MODEL!

Those pics were posted a little while ago, but thanks for bringing it up again. As much as I would like a bigger and better Black Pearl, the set is growing on me.

Unfortunately I feel that this might be the last of the PotC line. With Target getting rid of various sets lately on clearance, it can't be a good sign that sales are doing as well as TLG hoped for...

I think the Pearl is perfect the way she is... small and fast. Besides, a ship is only as good as her Captain...

Waiting for some proper pictures of the minifigures, odd that we didt see them after comic con.

Waiting for some proper pictures of the minifigures, odd that we didt see them after comic con.

The Comic-Con display used what looked to be preliminary mock-up figs, so that's understandable. Frankly, convention appearances don't always have the most up-to-date versions of sets-- some people had already obtained the Battle of Naboo set this year before the Nuremburg Toy Fair, and I believe it still used a preliminary version for display purposes.

A german site has super hi res pics of the Pearl if you want to see them:

https://exoneit.de/default.asp?ex=shop:produktedetail.asp&Artikel_id=103054&kat_id=7251

I just ordered two of the QAR. The Pearl looks very simplistic, but its growing on me. I'd be curious to see how combining two of the pearl sets would turn out.

Those are very good quality and you can see most figures in pretty good detail.

Are 2x1 cheese slopes new, or just new to me??

Are 2x1 cheese slopes new, or just new to me??

Just to you :pir-tongue: . I believe they came in the City Corner set first, but now they're in a bunch.

As for the ship itself, I have to say I'm liking it more and more. While it definitely still doesn't stack up to the classic pirate sets, I actually think it's better than the QAR.

Okay, it looks a lot better from this angle, although it's still quite generic.

I don't know if any of you saw the chinese website that feature 2012 stuff, but ther was a good look at Davey Jones' part there as well.

A lot of the site had odd minifigs thrown together from parts of other minifigs, perhaps mockups from LEGO? Anyway, there was one using Davey Jones' head, beard and claw, but it had a regular minifig body and a very green version of the Blackbeard/Davey Jones hat.

Sadly, I was unable to save any pictures of it before it was taken down this morning, but there might be members in some of the other forums who saved a pic.

I was looking for some new PotC MOCs and this version of the pearl really looks as good as the official set.

black pearl

I was looking for some new PotC MOCs and this version of the pearl really looks as good as the official set.

black pearl

I don't know the Cabin is a bit high and the lanterns are strange, however it looks like it uses the real pieces within the set (sails), the material for the sails is the same as the official Black Pearl. How did someone obtain the set?

:jollyroger:

I don't know the Cabin is a bit high and the lanterns are strange, however it looks like it uses the real pieces within the set (sails), the material for the sails is the same as the official Black Pearl. How did someone obtain the set?

To me those sails looks like carboard/paper.

Has no one else noticed that the Pearl is showing up for pre-order?

May I ask where? I checked every store that occurred to me and couldn't find one that has a pre-order offering :pir-cry_sad:

May I ask where? I checked every store that occurred to me and couldn't find one that has a pre-order offering :pir-cry_sad:

In my case, Amazon Japan.

In my case, Amazon Japan.

Ok, thanks! :pir-classic: Too bad it can't be pre-ordered on the other "Amazons" (is this even a word?). But maybe YodasMaster is right and the set already shows up in the Lego stores next month (and hopefully on s@h as well) :pir_laugh2:

This does not use pieces of the new Black Pearl, the hull pieces (bow and stern) seen here are old-style (pre-2009), probably painted black by the builder, while the real set will have new-style bow section. And making custom black sails is rather easy.

By the way, I don't know if this was mentioned or not, but have you noticed that the Black Pearl will use one bow section and three middle sections - no proper stern section? An interesting solution, however jugding from the pictures, it does seem somewhat lacking because of it.

Anyway, I have a feeling we will very soon be witnessing someone actually own and review this set! :pir-tongue:

Edited by Dreamweb

black pearl

at least she has a much nicer hull, I suppose it is an old one painted in black, I also think the proportions aren't right though, cabin is much too high.

1305975061m_DISPLAY.jpg

there, much much better :pir-classic:

Now that there is more high resolution pictures it looks much better then it did before, but which one is better: Queen Anne's Revenge or the Pearl? :pirate_sad2:

Now that there is more high resolution pictures it looks much better then it did before, but which one is better: Queen Anne's Revenge or the Pearl? :pirate_sad2:

The QAR is definitely larger and more structurally impressive, although I'm sure some people might prefer the Pearl. I've seen criticisms of the QAR saying it's just too overloaded with detail, and while I think the details are used tastefully I can see where those criticisms are coming from.

Edited by Aanchir