Adrian86

Gold in the mail today

Well I've send them another email, this time with pictures.

The gold in my 4193 is dull as well!

And if that wasn't bad enough, the soldiers have pink prints on the torso's. :pir-hmpf_bad:

The sets are quite expensive, Lego should really fix this in general.

I seriously wants to vomit blood.. I am not even sure if they understood what I am driving at. Let's hope they can resolve it soon.

I seriously wants to vomit blood.. I am not even sure if they understood what I am driving at. Let's hope they can resolve it soon.

really? thats a little insane... :jollyroger:

I called last week. The girl told me they would be sending me thirty-two gold coins and eight gold bars within fifteen business days. She acted like she didn't know what i was talking about at first, then finally told me she would have the gold sent to me. I thought that that was strange. :pir-sick:

I sent in an e-mail...got a packet yesterday. It had three sets of the old gold coins. I think I'm going to wait a while before I try again; give LEGO customer service a while to get enough coins in and for their existence to become known...it's okay; I'm patient.

TC

I also got the old chrome coins... :pir-hmpf_bad:

I think I will take the TalonCard approach and wait a bit until this gets cleared up a little to try again.

Isn't the only difference the number on it? :pir-sceptic:

Mainly, and the number is a slightly different font as well I think. But I mainly wanted to get the chrome bars, which I didn't. I'm hoping eventually I'll e-mail TLG again and they should have it, especially since they seem to be replacing them in sets.

How long did it take you all to receive an email notification? I received the automated email immediately and I have yet to receive an answer about my gold. I emailed them nearly 6 days ago.

How long did it take you all to receive an email notification? I received the automated email immediately and I have yet to receive an answer about my gold. I emailed them nearly 6 days ago.

I wrote first May 16 and got automated response, but no answer. Then again on May 21, and got automated response and no answer. Then on May 26 I wrote a complaint about not getting responses, and also called. I was told they'd send me the pieces (the real pieces, not the old coins), that they'd already sent the old ones after my first email, but apologized for not letting me know they sent anything.

I'm glad, because if I'd have just accepted what they sent, I'd only have old coins and not the news with the bars.

Sadly, I received the old coins on sprue, now, sending an email to Lego for what they say ;/

PS: Received this email, what do you think ?

Dear Miguel,

Thank you again for your contact and interest.

Following your last e-mail to us, the correct pieces have already been posted.

These should arrive within the next couple of weeks.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Thank you again for your kind contact and interest.

Best wishes,

Joao Martins

LEGO Direct

Edited by LegoIndy

Isn't the only difference the number on it? :pir-sceptic:

Mainly, and the number is a slightly different font as well I think. But I mainly wanted to get the chrome bars, which I didn't. I'm hoping eventually I'll e-mail TLG again and they should have it, especially since they seem to be replacing them in sets.

Also, the pearl gold ones that I got have holes in them. I think each coin has two holes, if I'm not mistaken. One could do something crafty like put them on a string or the netting element to add some detail.

I need to send an email to Lego asking for chrome gold too. Can't get enough treasure!

Going to check out tomorrow if there are any new POTC sets. If they have, and they have this set, i ope there are chromed coins ETC. Otherly im going to ask for them so long at i can get them.

Captain Becker

I sent an e-mail and was notified that the parts are on their way. I'm afraid I'm going to get the old coins too, and if I do, I'm probably going to call about them. Now how should I direct them to this thread? I don't know of any other way (over the phone) besides giving them an exact link, or telling them to go to eurobricks.com, then talk them through where they should go. Any ideas?

I don't know of any other way (over the phone) besides giving them an exact link, or telling them to go to eurobricks.com, then talk them through where they should go. Any ideas?

After receiving the old style gold and talking to them a second time, I finally received the gold bars. The identifying information on the letter I got from Lego is; Location 100-0203-21-06, Enclos. 4631481, Description- Prepack Coins which matches what Darth Yogi shared with me from his metallic bricks, so if you reference that over the phone they will be able to find it.

You could always ask them what would be best for them and let them know you have a location number, enclosure number or the name. I would think the enclosure number would be best to start with.

The gold in my 4193 is dull as well! And if that wasn't bad enough, the soldiers have pink prints on the torso's. :pir-hmpf_bad: The sets are quite expensive, Lego should really fix this in general.

That doesn't sound too promising captain.

I'm in the process of acquiring the sets so I have all this to look forward to. :pir-classic:

gold.jpg

Me wench wake me up to this today. They were supposed to send me eight shiny gold bars and thirty-two peices of the new gold coins. They sent me six 1x2 knob plates and thirty-two sprues of gold. What a let down. I guess I'm going to have to call again and complain for them to correct my replacment parts order.

EDIT: I know there's only thirty-one there. I lost one in my bed after counting them. In the letter it says they be sttraight from Denmark. It took alomst three weeks for these to come.

Edited by Captain BeerBeard

Hrm. I hadn't realized they were actually changing the physical design of the coin now... though I also have to say I don't think I'd consider it a bad thing if they sent me the old sprues with 4 shiny gold coins on them instead of the newer coins that apparently come with the sets (especially if they're sending a whole, old-style, four-coin sprue in lieu of one individual coin of the new style - honestly, that's four times as many gold coins!).

This isn't the first time I've seen LEGO box art show a chromed part that wasn't chromed in the set, incidentally; Mutt's knife shows up as chrome in the package photography on the Indiana Jones set Peril in Peru, but is Dark Stone in the set. I'm half-tempted to ask about a replacement for that...

I

Hrm. I hadn't realized they were actually changing the physical design of the coin now... though I also have to say I don't think I'd consider it a bad thing if they sent me the old sprues with 4 shiny gold coins on them instead of the newer coins that apparently come with the sets (especially if they're sending a whole, old-style, four-coin sprue in lieu of one individual coin of the new style - honestly, that's four times as many gold coins!).

This isn't the first time I've seen LEGO box art show a chromed part that wasn't chromed in the set, incidentally; Mutt's knife shows up as chrome in the package photography on the Indiana Jones set Peril in Peru, but is Dark Stone in the set. I'm half-tempted to ask about a replacement for that...

I was bummed about the bars. The gold coins more than doubled my vintage collection. I was actually happy to see all those or blown away be more like it. The chrome knife does exist. My brother had some with some kind of diver set a few years ago.

Does anybody besides me keep the left over middle part after twisting off the chrome coins? There's your chrome gold bar right there.

I was thinking about that.It's like a gold boulion. I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong. You can stick'em under coins in mocs to make your gold pile look bigger. :pir-classic:

I was thinking about that.It's like a gold boulion. I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong. You can stick'em under coins in mocs to make your gold pile look bigger. :pir-classic:

They were actually used alongside the actual coins as treasure in the March photograph in the 2011 LEGO Calendar (which featured leprechaun minifigures).

I wanted to review that calendar for Eurobricks, but alas, photographing glossy-print pages is not the same as photographing MOCs, and the same rules don't apply. I couldn't get any photos without considerable glare.