Adrian86

Gold in the mail today

someone has acquired 140 of them somehow

So as I am reading, they are going to put them in the production sets?

That is interesting, but at the price of $1.42/piece that would translate to $180 for an ounce of plastic gold based on the weight of .22 grams/piece and about 28 grams per ounce.

The US rep that I talked to (Kathy) indicated that a co-worker had opened an POTC set from the store in Connecticut and it had the metallic gold, but she didn't know if the change was being made to all the sets or how long it would take to clear out the sets with the warm gold.

So as I am reading, they are going to put them in the production sets?

Also if you call US Customer Service they don't send you the gold bar, just the gold coins?

Is this a country thing?

Thats not true. I live in the US and they shipped me both the bar, and the coins in chrome. You can see a picture on the previous page.

That is interesting, but at the price of $1.42/piece that would translate to $180 for an ounce of plastic gold based on the weight of .22 grams/piece and about 28 grams per ounce.

The US rep that I talked to (Kathy) indicated that a co-worker had opened an POTC set from the store in Connecticut and it had the metallic gold, but she didn't know if the change was being made to all the sets or how long it would take to clear out the sets with the warm gold.

Interesting. hopefully it will make it in all the sets.

Thats not true. I live in the US and they shipped me both the bar, and the coins in chrome. You can see a picture on the previous page.

Great news! :pir-classic:

They finally sent me the e-mail! :D Hurray! The new gold chromed pieces are coming in 7 days... :D

They finally sent me the e-mail! :D Hurray! The new gold chromed pieces are coming in 7 days... :D

How long did it take? I gave them a lot of time before writing again, and that was May 21. The last time I had an issue they answered within hours.

How long did it take? I gave them a lot of time before writing again, and that was May 21. The last time I had an issue they answered within hours.

Huh? I wonder why it's taking so long, they responded to me within a day.

Well I got mine today, but all they send me was 2 sprue's of the old type chrome coins. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Same situation, my friend. :pir-sceptic:

I need the new ones though... I meant the new chrome gold bars...

I was rather disappointed with the coloring error. I am definitely not sending my coins in to LEGO just to get some common coins back. I guess we here in the US will have to wait for something to change.

Did you read the thread?

In the US, LEGO is sending chrome gold with just a phone call.

It was never said that the old coins had to be sent in.

Well I got mine today, but all they send me was 2 sprue's of the old type chrome coins. :pir-hmpf_bad:

This was in Holland.

Same with me (came yesterday) - old style, two sprues of the old type. Very annoying!

Thats odd, the rep I spoke to specifically said it would be 4 coins and one gold brick per package. Lets hope he was right.

It makes me wonder if you don't specifically ask for the 4 1 package, if they will send you something else.

Thats odd, the rep I spoke to specifically said it would be 4 coins and one gold brick per package. Lets hope he was right.

It makes me wonder if you don't specifically ask for the 4 1 package, if they will send you something else.

Nope - I asked for it and the letter that came with the (pseudo) replacements insisted the parts I inquired about did not exist in the metallic gold. It's very odd.

Since you have joined the VIP Program, you have earned a total 4645 Points.

... and yet they won't respond to my inquiry about getting the chrome pieces... a few cents in parts for someone with 4645 rewards points.

:pir-angry:

Yes, I will have to call. I hate calling, it's always annoying, waiting on hold, they have to pay an operator, they have to pay for the 800 number call, taking up time taking down my information when it's all right there in the electronic communication... maybe I'm just anti-social.

At least I will make sure to mention the brick and not just the coins.

On what depends that Lego send you the old coins on sprue, or the new chrome gold coins and ingots ?¿ Thanks... I hope that I recieve the new ones...

On what depends that Lego send you the old coins on sprue, or the new chrome gold coins and ingots ?¿ Thanks... I hope that I recieve the new ones...

I don't know that this information will benefit you as I have only been in contact with the US Lego Customer Service. But for what it's worth...

I received the old style coins with the sprue. The identifying info on my letter from TLG: location # 100-0217-44-03, Enclos. 70501, Description Gold Coin (4 pieces)m metall.

Based on information that I received from a fellow US-based forum member (Darth Yogi) who received the gold bars: his identifying information was: Location 100-0203-21-06, Enclos. 4631481, Description- Prepack Coins

Prior to finding this out, I had called customer service to verify they didn't have any gold bars, so I didn't feel like calling a third time to see if that information will help, but if anyone wants to try using it as a reference point, please report back any success or failure.

Since you have joined the VIP Program, you have earned a total 4645 Points.

... and yet they won't respond to my inquiry about getting the chrome pieces... a few cents in parts for someone with 4645 rewards points.

:pir-angry:

Yes, I will have to call. I hate calling, it's always annoying, waiting on hold, they have to pay an operator, they have to pay for the 800 number call, taking up time taking down my information when it's all right there in the electronic communication... maybe I'm just anti-social.

At least I will make sure to mention the brick and not just the coins.

Lol - off topic here, but I'm going to show this post to my wife and inform her that my 2075 points aren't really "ridiculous" as she says... :thumbup:

Of course, she'll probably point out that I spend money on ebay, TRU, Amazon, Target, Walmart, Meijer, etc, etc... :shark:

Thanks so much MCNwakeboard, when the coins and ingots (arrive), I´ll post it here with his respective photo :D

Nope - I asked for it and the letter that came with the (pseudo) replacements insisted the parts I inquired about did not exist in the metallic gold. It's very odd.

I would call back and direct teh rep to this thread with photographic proof on page 1.

I think it's a combination of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, and running out of stock.

It seems that US customer service ran out of the metallic packs, and until they are restocked from Denmark all they can send out are the old style coins. In addition to that, I'd say some of the staff are also unaware of the new pack's existence.

I think it's a combination of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, and running out of stock.

It seems that US customer service ran out of the metallic packs, and until they are restocked from Denmark all they can send out are the old style coins. In addition to that, I'd say some of the staff are also unaware of the new pack's existence.

I finally got some answers, and this was one of them...

However, after writing twice, then writing to complain they didn't answer either of my two requests, and finally calling, they told me my first request had been marked as answered and didn't know why no one had informed me. I'll let part of their response explain the rest: Unfortunately, at that time, we didn't actually have the gold bars you requested available. As of today, however, our warehouse has received inventory of the correct coins & gold bars, and I'm having two packs sent out for you.

So... I just have to shake my head, but applaud the customer service... I just wish I didn't have to keep whining about it in order to just get a response.

Congratulations Fred, I have a doubt, If Lego sent me the coins and ingots on Tuesday, you thing that I´ll get the old style coins or the new ones... and If I recieve de old ones, what I could do ?¿

The lego Company experiences a large amount of Pirates fans THAT WANT GOLD !!

Congratulations Fred, I have a doubt, If Lego sent me the coins and ingots on Tuesday, you thing that I´ll get the old style coins or the new ones... and If I recieve de old ones, what I could do ?¿

I really wouldn't know... they didn't qualify "received" with "today" or "yesterday," so it certainly could have been on or before Tuesday.

Fred doesn't work for LEGO. I'd suggest calling them back and explaining what happened. Again I say if they say there is no such thing as shiny gold, direct them here.

I feel like I just got trolled. I got ten 1x1 round plates in Pearl Gold and three 1x2 plates with the knob in the middle. =/