Adrian86

Gold in the mail today

I just emailed them, usually they are very good via email.

Once I told them about my disappointment when they got rid of the old train track and they sent me a letter with a keyring.

:jollyroger:

I just emailed them, usually they are very good via email.

Once I told them about my disappointment when they got rid of the old train track and they sent me a letter with a keyring.

:jollyroger:

Oh my gosh, they still do that? Back in the late 90s-early 2000s, my family had many of the glitch-ridden LEGO PC games, and my dad had many phone calls with LEGO customer service. My twin brother and I amassed a great collection of LEGO keychains.

I hope mine will turns out well... even though there isn't much hope into it... :pir-cry_sad:

Eh... What should I do to receive new chrome gold for my POTC sets?

I emailed Lego France friday, and I just received their answer :

"Je suis désolé de lire que vous n'êtes pas satisfait avec nos derniers set PIRATES DES CARAIBES.

Malheureusement ces éléments ne sont pas fautifs et c'est la façon dont nous les produisons."

I'm sorry to read that you aren't satisfied with our latest Potc sets.

Sadly these parts aren't faulty, this is the way we produce them.

I don't know if I should email back them that thread...

So if I call in the Lego site about replacement parts and direct them here I can get it? I got Isla Dela Muerta on the first day it was out in Lego Stores. Would love to have shiny gold considering I have very little chrome pieces.

Thats what this thread says.

Can we ask for those greatful chrome gold pieces by email ?¿

That I don't know, I would assume so, but the only confirmed successes have been by calling on the phone.

Eh... What should I do to receive new chrome gold for my POTC sets?

You should read this thread that you just posted in.

"Je suis désolé de lire que vous n'êtes pas satisfait avec nos derniers set PIRATES DES CARAIBES.

Malheureusement ces éléments ne sont pas fautifs et c'est la façon dont nous les produisons."

That is not good to hear. I would suggest calling them, if it comes down to it, bring up the details like you know the replacement pack comes with 4 gold coins and one gold bar, and you have heard of others calling ad getting these replaced, heck direct the LEGO rep here, like others have.

My God... If they're replacing the gold, I need to get one of these a little faster than I thought... :pir-sceptic: That gold is gonna get extremely rare soon... :pir_laugh2:

You should read this thread that you just posted in.

The problem is that I have never had dealings with Lego Customer Service.

I know that they usually send parts to Russia (there were examples on Doublebrick.ru), but I don't know how to ask them for chrome parts.

Parts replacement section for 4181 haven't these parts and there are only missing, lost and damaged parts replacements...

On Friday I sent them a 'question' e-mail with pirates theme label with some words about buying my 4181 and about bars and coins replacement with a link to this thread. But there was only short auto-answer...

LATER: Today I have recieved the letter!

Dear Kirill' date='

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I'm sorry your new LEGO® set had non shiny pieces of coins.

All the new POTC sets will be supplied with the kind of parts, however if you like the shiny version we can send you some.

Your LEGO parts are on their way from our warehouse in Denmark and should be there within 21 business days.

Please get in touch again if you need anything else (you'll need to remind me of the reference number on this letter).

Happy building!

Greg

LEGO Direct [/quote']

))

Edited by -GZ-

I went to my local store and asked when the new POTC sets will be available, and they sayed at they are getting the first sets in June :pir-hmpf_bad::thumbdown: But i hope we also get this shiny gold whit them, if not, im gonna ask for replacement pieces. (Not too much, only a couple of coins and a few bars :pir_laugh2: )

Captain Becker

That is great news, thank you for sharing!

My gold was dull as well, which was quite a disappointment.

I've just send Lego an email about it, hope they send me shiny ones as well! :pir-sweet:

Great news, just e-mailed lego and they said it should arrive within 10 business days :pir-sweet:

The problem is that I have never had dealings with Lego Customer Service.

I know that they usually send parts to Russia (there were examples on Doublebrick.ru), but I don't know how to ask them for chrome parts.

Parts replacement section for 4181 haven't these parts and there are only missing, lost and damaged parts replacements...

On Friday I sent them a 'question' e-mail with pirates theme label with some words about buying my 4181 and about bars and coins replacement with a link to this thread. But there was only short auto-answer...

LATER: Today I have recieved the letter!

HY

))

Looks like you figured it out.

I got a similar email today except my shipping time was much less and it was more of an order confirmation.

Got my 4181 today with the pearl gold bits and jumped straigh on the phone to LEGO support AU/NZ.

Had to leave a message and I'm now waiting for a call back, lets hope they look after me as other countries have done!

Great news, just e-mailed lego and they said it should arrive within 10 business days :pir-sweet:

Got my replacement parts on the way as well!

Just wanted to add I called US Customer support and it took about 5 mins on the phone with a very nice rep named Allison and my Chrome Gold bricks are on the way. She said 2-3 weeks.

So just wanted to stop by and thank you guys for the info. By the way one interesting bit. Everyone always says the coins were Pearl Gold, but she corrected me on the phone and said the offical color was Warm Gold. Just an FYI.

Just wanted to add I called US Customer support and it took about 5 mins on the phone with a very nice rep named Allison and my Chrome Gold bricks are on the way. She said 2-3 weeks.

So just wanted to stop by and thank you guys for the info. By the way one interesting bit. Everyone always says the coins were Pearl Gold, but she corrected me on the phone and said the offical color was Warm Gold. Just an FYI.

297 Warm Gold is just the official name for what Bricklink and many AFOLs call Pearl Gold. "Pearl" is the term that Bricklink uses for parts that actually have metallic-colored plastic rather than a lacquered coat (which Bricklink calls "Metallic") or a metalized coat ("Chrome"). Warm Gold/Pearl Gold is the main gold-colored plastic that's been used since its first appearances in 2006.

I can verify this.

I bought 4181 Isle De Muerta today and I bought 4193 The London Escape about a week ago and they both had dull gold.

I called LEGO customer service and they are sending me 6 packages of new metallic shiny gold. Each package contains 4 gold coins and one gold brick. Since the 4181 set has 10 gold coins, he said I'll send you 3 packages, then I said how about the 4193 set, so he added 3 more.

SO I'll be getting 6 gold bars and 24 gold coins. I'm not sure how many coins come in the 4193 set since I already have it all in a ziploc bag, but the customer service guy said there are notes on both sets in their system and these packages are authorized replacement packages. So be sure to make sure they know how many coins you need replaced when you call. They asked me for some info off of the box, so SAVE them if still have them for when you call.

I didn't exactly ask, but I mentioned I read on line that LEGO was going to be changing the set, and he didn't really say anything about it, so I didn't push it.

What did you ask when you wanted the coins in chrome? I would like to call and get these pieces. I have the Isla de Muerta and Whitecap Bay, and woud like to have both versions of the treasure.

Got my 4181 today with the pearl gold bits and jumped straigh on the phone to LEGO support AU/NZ.

Had to leave a message and I'm now waiting for a call back, lets hope they look after me as other countries have done!

Any update on this?

Wanted to hear the story before we all start calling and annoying them!

Just got off the phone to a very helpfull LEGO Australia rep, Who just so happens to be an AFOL and explained the gold issue to him ( I guess I'm the first here as he had not heard of it) and he sent an email to Denmark on my behalf and has ordered the replacement piece for me.

He said two packs would be sent and that one would be pre-packed and the other a chrome kit ?

There is a note added to the set on his data base so it looks as though LEGO has made this common knowledge world wide so you should not have trouble getting your gold if you speak to a LEGO customer service rep.

The parts have to come from Denmark so It'll be two weeks before I get them but that's no biggy.

Go LEGO for awesome after sale service pirate_thumbup.gif .

I've just send Lego an email about it, hope they send me shiny ones as well! :pir-sweet:

Hmm. I'd rather email than call on the phone, myself. Captain Green Hair, please let us know what the response is to your email. Hopefully you get positive results, unlike poor Boomchil there.

Thanks so much for starting this thread! I bought 4181 and got the dull gold bricks. A quick phone call to Lego customer service here in the US and I am told my shiny gold is on the way. Arrrr! I love me booty!

I don't think I would even have known about the issue if it had not been for this thread and this forum - thanks guys!

Just got off the phone to a very helpfull LEGO Australia rep, Who just so happens to be an AFOL and explained the gold issue to him ( I guess I'm the first here as he had not heard of it) and he sent an email to Denmark on my behalf and has ordered the replacement piece for me.

Thanks for that report!

I phoned too but got the recording so had to leave a message to be called back. I'm more confident that us down under pirates can get some treasure after hearing your order has been placed.

I haven't built The London Escape yet, but I did Isla De Muerta and they have shiny gold.

Submitted email two days ago to customer service... got the auto-reply that they received it, and... nothing... last time I had a problem they answered within hours.