Adrian86

Gold in the mail today

(Mods, in case that this has already been reported please delete this thread. I looked but didn´t find it mentioned anywhere)

Today I got a small light letter from LEGO together with a new set of gold coins and one gold bar.

It started when I bought the London Escape set last week and found that they new dull gold parts were missing and instead I had the older type gold coins (which of course look better than the newer dull ones). As usual the customer service was very helpful and I guess all of you can imagine how surprised I was when opened the envelope and saw the shiny golden color and the new parts, exactly as originally promised on the box art.

Did anyone else get the newer type in shiny gold? Maybe even with the sets?

Here are two pictures to prove it :pir_laugh2:

newgold1.jpg

newgold2.jpg

Well even Jack´s compass proves that this is the kind of gold he wants...

Awesome, are they replacing it in the production sets? like with the infamous double Obi Wan Head and the IFS with the admirals dress?

:pir-wub: :pir-wub:

Now the crappy ones are gonna be twice as rare. :pir-laugh:

Wow this is good news. I really hope they new come in all the boxes.

Edited by Blackknight112

Holy cow, this is great unexpected news, makes me want to go buy this set now and call LEGO so I can have both versions.

Seriously this is great news, so many Pirate fans were bummed on this one.

Yay! Shiny gold! Me want!

I hope TLG can change those stupid pearl gold bars with those awesome shiny gold pieces! :pir-wub:

Because, of course, that's the kind of gold a real pirate wants.

Edited by Bricks2000

I can verify this.

I bought 4181 Isle De Muerta today and I bought 4193 The London Escape about a week ago and they both had dull gold.

I called LEGO customer service and they are sending me 6 packages of new metallic shiny gold. Each package contains 4 gold coins and one gold brick. Since the 4181 set has 10 gold coins, he said I'll send you 3 packages, then I said how about the 4193 set, so he added 3 more.

SO I'll be getting 6 gold bars and 24 gold coins. I'm not sure how many coins come in the 4193 set since I already have it all in a ziploc bag, but the customer service guy said there are notes on both sets in their system and these packages are authorized replacement packages. So be sure to make sure they know how many coins you need replaced when you call. They asked me for some info off of the box, so SAVE them if still have them for when you call.

Awesome, are they replacing it in the production sets? like with the infamous double Obi Wan Head and the IFS with the admirals dress?

:pir-wub: :pir-wub:

I didn't exactly ask, but I mentioned I read on line that LEGO was going to be changing the set, and he didn't really say anything about it, so I didn't push it.

Don't know if anyone's noticed, but the coins come in 1's and 2's! I seem to remember people saying that they were only in 10's.

Thanks for this news, I hope that if I get one of the sets that the coins and bars are already chromed.

This is great news. I wasn't going to buy any POTC sets as they had peal instead of chrome. but after seeing this news I might actually consider buying some pirate_thumbup.gif.

I'm personally impressed, not because I'm a huge fan of chrome parts (in a lot of places I prefer pearl colors like the 297 Warm Gold that was originally showing up), but because I thought these tiny parts looked horrendous in Warm Gold (with obvious molding marks) and because I thought it was terrible of TLG to show chrome parts on the boxes and not include them in the set. With CGI box art there's an excuse for parts appearing shinier than they do in real life, but these box images were photographs (or at least photographic quality) and thus there was no excuse for them being this misleading.

I hope these do make it into the main-production sets. After all, TLG has demonstrated that they're willing to make changes on a moment's notice like this, what with the Atlantis trident being replaced with a newer, sturdier mold halfway through 2010. It may be a while until ones in chrome gold (310 Metalized Gold, if anyone was wondering about TLG's name for this color), but if customer service has them then I'm sure they're being mass-produced, and they wouldn't do that just to satisfy the occasional caller.

I'm personally impressed, not because I'm a huge fan of chrome parts (in a lot of places I prefer pearl colors like the 297 Warm Gold that was originally showing up), but because I thought these tiny parts looked horrendous in Warm Gold (with obvious molding marks) and because I thought it was terrible of TLG to show chrome parts on the boxes and not include them in the set. With CGI box art there's an excuse for parts appearing shinier than they do in real life, but these box images were photographs (or at least photographic quality) and thus there was no excuse for them being this misleading.

I hope these do make it into the main-production sets. After all, TLG has demonstrated that they're willing to make changes on a moment's notice like this, what with the Atlantis trident being replaced with a newer, sturdier mold halfway through 2010. It may be a while until ones in chrome gold (310 Metalized Gold, if anyone was wondering about TLG's name for this color), but if customer service has them then I'm sure they're being mass-produced, and they wouldn't do that just to satisfy the occasional caller.

God, I love your color knowledge. I wondered what it was called, but not enough to ask anyone.

Thanks for the info!

AWESOME news, cool.....I'll ring Lego Australia on Monday morning.....they better do something otherwise I'll just say ACCC (companies in Oz fear that body that regulates trade practices :pir-devil: )

Good I'll be able to have gold that shines ! :pir-grin:

Keep on searching for that GOLD ! :pir-wink:

Awesome, are they replacing it in the production sets?

I doubt so, but i really really hope so, if they dont replace them for the shiny new ones, i just let it be like it is.

One thing wich i dont still like is the new coins, i think they should have done the old good coins. But again im complaning about nothing, this was good news, but i doupt at they wont eplace those coins untill you know to call and ask for it.

Captain Becker

Well that some good news right there. Glad to see TLG was kind to give you the better looking gold coins. Great news indeed! :pir-classic:

I swung by the page for replacement parts on Isla de Muerta, and they didn't show any of the gold coins or gold bar on the replacement parts page. I wonder if it's related to this chrome/pearl issue or the fact that the coins and bar are packed in a separate plastic bag. And I wonder if they'll be replaceable in the future and if they'll send the chrome or the pearl versions.

I called and the lady I talked to(very nice) asked what site I saw the news on cause she hadn't heard anything yet, so I directed her here and I guess she read the first few posts and put in replacements for me. hopefully it is in fact the new ones that come.

I actually prefer the pearl gold to the chrome gold. Never really was a fan of chrome.

Me too. I dont think chrome really fits with the flat colours of Lego. Or metallic gold. Pearl gold is much nicer. I haven't bought any POTC sets but I bought 8 ingot bars and 20 coins from BL. I wish Lego would pick a gold and stick with it.

So if I call in the Lego site about replacement parts and direct them here I can get it? I got Isla Dela Muerta on the first day it was out in Lego Stores. Would love to have shiny gold considering I have very little chrome pieces.

Wow, I guess that will teach me. I went and bought all 8 sets as soon as they came out, so all of mine are dull. Glad I keep the boxes. I'll be calling TLG on Monday to see what they can do.

Clanure

Can we ask for those greatful chrome gold pieces by email ?¿

Edited by LegoIndy