Adrian86

Gold in the mail today

In the letter it says they be sttraight from Denmark. It took alomst three weeks for these to come.

The voyage from the Old World be very perilous! :pir-grin:

Hey mates, super great, awesome, beauty chrome gold new coins have arrived! Take a look at the photo! :D

dscn2276.jpg

Regards!

I

I was bummed about the bars. The gold coins more than doubled my vintage collection. I was actually happy to see all those or blown away be more like it. The chrome knife does exist. My brother had some with some kind of diver set a few years ago.

Yeah, I know the knife has been chromed before. According to Peeron, it actually appears that way in far more sets than it does without chroming, though the last time it was chromed was in 2005. Alas, I have only non-chromed ones, but I do have several of those. I'd simply been idly wondering about it because they actually did use a chromed one in the photography for the set packaging for Peril in Peru, but the actual production set doesn't come with it.

Hey mates, super great, awesome, beauty chrome gold new coins have arrived! Take a look at the photo! :D

dscn2276.jpg

Regards!

Congrats, that is looking good :pir-cry_happy:

I wish it was me, I simply don't understand why they find it so difficult to send the right thing to other customers... About 2 days ago I received my letter from Lego, the only thing in it was the old coins 10-20-30-40, and that even after both a phone call and mail clearly explaining that it was about the gold bars, and I'm even living in Denmark. Have send a new mail again and hoping the best this time, because I don't like to bother them about this.

Yeah, I know the knife has been chromed before. According to Peeron, it actually appears that way in far more sets than it does without chroming, though the last time it was chromed was in 2005. Alas, I have only non-chromed ones, but I do have several of those. I'd simply been idly wondering about it because they actually did use a chromed one in the photography for the set packaging for Peril in Peru, but the actual production set doesn't come with it.

Well, according to Bricklink, the "Temple of the Crystal Skull" set did occasionally come with a chrome version rather than a non-chrome version. I wonder what causes the abrupt changes in set production seen there or here. It could very easily be a matter of which part is more economical to produce-- note that the non-chrome ones come on a sprue, so there could be an economic advantage to the mold itself rather than just to the chroming process. That doesn't explain why no chrome gold parts appeared in the first production run of these brand-new coin molds, though...

Perhaps TLG's various factories keep a smaller supply of the chemicals needed for producing chrome parts more often than they run out of regular dye, and so they are not always prepared to mass-produce a set that was intended to contain chrome parts unless they replace them with non-chromed alternatives. Has Brickjournal or any other resource ever had an article about the more specialized production processes like chroming or lacquering that TLG uses?

What a relief, what sort of pirates would we be if we didn't prefer the shinier stuff! :pir_laugh2:

LOL. Absolutely right. :pir-classic:

I also received 4 baggies of the shiny gold ones like in the picture above (for all three POTC Sets with gold included).

Before that they only sent me three of the older type gold coins (12 total) without the bars.

I got two sprues of the old coins, I will email them again tommorow.. :pir-cry_sad:

So I made out like a pirate? I'm still calling back. I'm going to wait a little and see if my wench wakes me up with another mystery package. I'll give it two weeks.

I sent an e-mail and was notified that the parts are on their way. I'm afraid I'm going to get the old coins too, and if I do, I'm probably going to call about them. Now how should I direct them to this thread? I don't know of any other way (over the phone) besides giving them an exact link, or telling them to go to eurobricks.com, then talk them through where they should go. Any ideas?

My chrome gold came today aaaannd...

It was the NEW COINS and GOLD BARS in CHROME GOLD! I'd take a picture but, I don't know where I'd upload it so you all can see. Unfortunately, it was only one packet (I ordered mine for Isla de Muerta), but thats okay, cuz I got chrome gold!

Oh and did anyone notice, that the new chrome coins don't have those holes in them like the pearl gold ones? Also, theres a little nub on the end of the gold bar, like it came from a sprue.

Edited by Mono41

gold.jpg

Me wench wake me up to this today. They were supposed to send me eight shiny gold bars and thirty-two peices of the new gold coins. They sent me six 1x2 knob plates and thirty-two sprues of gold. What a let down. I guess I'm going to have to call again and complain for them to correct my replacment parts order.

EDIT: I know there's only thirty-one there. I lost one in my bed after counting them. In the letter it says they be sttraight from Denmark. It took alomst three weeks for these to come.

If I got this instead of my 3 1x2 knobs and 10 round plates, I wouldn't complain. That's a lot of gold!

My chrome gold came today aaaannd...

It was the NEW COINS and GOLD BARS in CHROME GOLD! I'd take a picture but, I don't know where I'd upload it so you all can see. Unfortunately, it was only one packet (I ordered mine for Isla de Muerta), but thats okay, cuz I got chrome gold!

Oh and did anyone notice, that the new chrome coins don't have those holes in them like the pearl gold ones? Also, theres a little nub on the end of the gold bar, like it came from a sprue.

Well, since chroming is a surface treatment of the pieces, I imagine the process just covers up those holes and molding marks that make the gold bars and coins look so awkward in Warm Gold (Pearl Gold). That's part of the reason I prefer the chrome ones (the parts seem like they were designed specifically to be used in chrome colors, and so the lack of chrome is as much a genuine quality issue as it is a truth-in-advertising issue). Don't know what the deal is with a nub at the end of the gold bars, though. Care to share some photos?

(Mods, in case that this has already been reported please delete this thread. I looked but didn´t find it mentioned anywhere)

Today I got a small light letter from LEGO together with a new set of gold coins and one gold bar.

It started when I bought the London Escape set last week and found that they new dull gold parts were missing and instead I had the older type gold coins (which of course look better than the newer dull ones). As usual the customer service was very helpful and I guess all of you can imagine how surprised I was when opened the envelope and saw the shiny golden color and the new parts, exactly as originally promised on the box art.

Did anyone else get the newer type in shiny gold? Maybe even with the sets?

*pics snipped*

Well even Jack´s compass proves that this is the kind of gold he wants...

Just wrote to LEGO about this issue this morning, since I got the bland 'un-shiny' gold in my "Isla de la Muerta" set.

Hadn't come across this thread before, so major props and thanks to "Big Cam" for having the link in his siggy, which grabbed my attention.

Awesome, are they replacing it in the production sets? like with the infamous double Obi Wan Head and the IFS with the admirals dress?

:pir-wub: :pir-wub:

Okay, this just caused me some concern. I had no idea there was an 'issue' with the dress in IFS...my set, though purchased quite a while ago, is still sitting in its box. So, I just opened it and poured out the contents...included a 'packed loose' dress piece. Compared it to the one 'sealed in bag' and I see what you mean.

Nice to see they fixed it before I bought it though, since I'm pretty certain LEGO is getting quite tired of hearing from me lately. :pir-tongue:

If your going through the motions of getting you shiny bits be sure to state the amount needed!!

I recieved my gold the other day and while it was the right stuff (new font and bars not jumpers) they only sent me one "pre-pack" for a set that required three. You would think that giving the set number would be enough but I guess not.......I'll wait untill I've got all the sets before ringing again

imperialguard_commander1.gif

I am kind of glad my girlfriend hasn't seen this thread. Sometimes she doesn't understand the mindset of a Lego collector. She certainly wouldn't appreciate all this drama over a few small plastic coins..

Well, according to Bricklink, the "Temple of the Crystal Skull" set did occasionally come with a chrome version rather than a non-chrome version. I wonder what causes the abrupt changes in set production seen there or here. It could very easily be a matter of which part is more economical to produce-- note that the non-chrome ones come on a sprue, so there could be an economic advantage to the mold itself rather than just to the chroming process. That doesn't explain why no chrome gold parts appeared in the first production run of these brand-new coin molds, though...

The chrome daggers came on a sprue, also. Set of two.

Buyed Isla De Muerta and Captains Cabin sets today, and hopefully tomorrow London Escape.

And i did get the dull gold too, im gonna ask LEGO for replacment parts now.

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker

Called LEGO yesterday about the 'dull gold'.

Very helpful fellow knew exactly what I was talking about and was worried that they weren't in stock. He checked...lo and behold, they WERE in stock!

So, two packs of metallized gold should be arriving here in 7-10 business days.

I've said it before, I'll say it now and I'll probably say it again: LEGO's customer service is THE BEST I've ever dealt with. No matter what my 'issue' happens to be, they always resolve it quickly and leave me one happy LEGO freak. :pir_laugh2:

I emailed and got one sprue of the old chrome coins. Not a total loss, because the old coins are great, but I really wanted a chrome gold bar. :pir-sceptic: Oh well, if time is money, then I guess I won't waste anymore trying to get a little piece of plastic.

I emailed and got one sprue of the old chrome coins. Not a total loss, because the old coins are great, but I really wanted a chrome gold bar. :pir-sceptic: Oh well, if time is money, then I guess I won't waste anymore trying to get a little piece of plastic.

Alas, were in the boat together, I'm afraid. I didn't get any shiny gold bars with my shiny gold coin replacements. I emailed them about it, and haven't got a response yet.

Called LEGO yesterday about the 'dull gold'.

Very helpful fellow knew exactly what I was talking about and was worried that they weren't in stock. He checked...lo and behold, they WERE in stock!

So, two packs of metallized gold should be arriving here in 7-10 business days.

Did you call to your local LEGO Customer service? Or right into Denmark? Yes, i know this is a bit silly question. :pir-blush: But i havent got any Email anserw yet, so im just wondering if i should call to them also.

Captain Becker

It has now been 30 days since I called and was told my gold would be here in 7-10 days. :pir-sceptic:

Maby you should call again and ask where your "Promised" Coins are? And at they are already 20 later than promised. You did also call to your local Lego customer service Big Cam? Im gonna call tomorrow to my local Customer service and ask for those gold coins.

Captain Becker

I just called the 1-800 number for LEGO customer service, I got a confirmation number as well as an email with an order or tracking number, so hopefully they can tell me what's up when I call.