Sign in to follow this  
kenji

Exo force MAGNET SET!!!!!

Does anyone know if it's possible to take the figures apart?

only the head and the hairpiece. the torso is stuck to the legs. you can probably pry the arms and hands off as well, but that's probably it. maybe if you are dextrous enough you can also pry off the legs and replace with non magnetic legs. but the torso and the hips are stuck for good.

*Final Warning before Ban*

Kenji, seriously the "chamber" didn't taught you anything !!

First you already created a thread on those magnets in the wrong forum !!

And now you recreate a new thread also in the wrong forum !! Since when Exop Force is a freaking licence ?? :-|

I shall delete the other thread and move this one :-|

*yoda*

Hmm...I had indeed hoped for Exo-Force magnets...Yay! Now I can get those cool Exo-Force torsos without having to waste alot of money.

But why aren't there any robots magnets? I mean, the CITY, Batman, and SW magnets had good guys and bad guys...

Does anyone know if it's possible to take the figures apart?

only the head and the hairpiece. the torso is stuck to the legs. you can probably pry the arms and hands off as well, but that's probably it. maybe if you are dextrous enough you can also pry off the legs and replace with non magnetic legs. but the torso and the hips are stuck for good.

Thanks for the answer. If I do get my hands on these, I wouldn't mind the legs and torso still together but I would want to change the head and hair.

Can the magnets sit down and be attached to the studs?

yes, they can do everything a regular minifig can do... and more since they have magnets attached to the inside of the legs.

Saw this nifty little set at LEGOLAND Windsor where I was buying the Robin/Catwoman/Joker magnet pack. I have all of the figs already, so I passed.

Could be good though for those on a budget or who just want the figs for customization purposes.

i bought the two batman magnet and a town folks magnet sets so i can speak more about them.

there are magnets INSIDE the torso. i know this because i tested it, and i pried open the arms to find out. the torso and the hips are glued extremely tightly, no way of removing without damaging them. must be some kind of an industrial grade glue. the magnet pieces are also glued on extremely tightly. only way is to replace the legs. but then you are still left with the piece INSIDE the torso.

apart from the obvious difference between the magnet and the normal minifigs, the magnet mfs can do everything a normal minifig can. however there will be price differences between the magnet mf and the normal mf because of the glue and also it costs more to get the normal mfs.

the heads and the headgear will get cheaper though because those are detachable from the magnet mfs. pity those torsos...sigh...

be sure not to use the magnet mfs near any electronic equipment. the best use of the magnet mfs in my opinion is as markers on a white board. i'll probably bring one or two for my office :-D

what!?

why would normal figures cost more than magnet figures in the market if the magnets ones cost more to make???

of course it is the other way round./