Sign in to follow this  
M<0><0<DSWIM

[MOC] General Grievous ("Moodland" Scale)

gallery_101_23_281.gif

I'm proud to present my newest build, which I feel is one of my personal best! Brickdoctor made a comment on my last post stating that my "Miniland" scale builds were bigger and (obviously) more articulated. He said he would start calling them "Mood scale" figs. I said "how about 'Moodland' scale?" since that's a bit of a play on words. So this is my "Moodland" scale General Grievous! I slaved for weeks over this to try and get it as accurate as possible. As always, I'm dying to know what you all think :classic:

gg1.jpg

"Army or not, you must realize...YOU ARE DOOMED!"

gg2.jpg

gg3.jpg

gg4.jpg

"Wassup, Jedi?!"

You can check out the full gallery on my Mocpages page:

My link

Edited by KielDaMan
Indexed

gg1.jpg

"Army or not, you must realize...YOU ARE DOOMED!"

I just had to quote this pic again M<0><0<DSWIM. I got the moodlandscale joke right away. Really good his poise is perfect and the detail on his arms and legs are really detailed.

That slaving away sure was worth it, eh? As I said on flickr, the way you've done the detailing seems so different and so much better than your other Moodland 'figs. (nothing against them; it's a case of good and better) The Moodswim style is still evident, but the overall shaping is much improved. I remember a lot of your older figurines had a flat back side, which at the time fit your style perfectly, but this one is something special. Great work. :thumbup:

That slaving away sure was worth it, eh? As I said on flickr, the way you've done the detailing seems so different and so much better than your other Moodland 'figs. (nothing against them; it's a case of good and better) The Moodswim style is still evident, but the overall shaping is much improved. I remember a lot of your older figurines had a flat back side, which at the time fit your style perfectly, but this one is something special. Great work. :thumbup:

Thanks, Doc! It's thanks to builders' suggestions like your's that have helped me to continually improve to where I am today (and, hopefully, beyond). :grin:

Love it! I really like the Moodland style :classic: In fact I feel quite inspired to try my hand at a larger scale fig myself !

Great Work

Kaitan

Love it! I really like the Moodland style :classic: In fact I feel quite inspired to try my hand at a larger scale fig myself !

Great Work

Kaitan

Thanks, man! I think if you tried your hand at a larger fig, it would probably turned out quite nicely! :classic:

Mind blowing creation 'Moodswim'.....gee you were in the mood to build something so AWESOME in style and detail ! :grin:

The only thing he doesn't is cough ! :laugh:

Keep the AWESOME work comming 'Moodswim' and may the Sith brick be with you ! :grin:

Oh wow! Terrific job on this, the detail, and great resemblance are very nice. Also a very nice stand. I can't really see his chest, so cant tell if he has his (heart?) the green thing, But if not that would be good.

Great job

I have to agree with all an impressive job. :thumbup:

But the first pic, on my opinion is the best of them all.

It will appear from one moment to other the General will beat any on his path.

As Lord Vader would say: "Most impressive". :thumbup:

Your Grievous MOC looks even better than the one in Revenge of the Sith! Kudos to you! :thumbup:

Oh wow! Terrific job on this, the detail, and great resemblance are very nice. Also a very nice stand. I can't really see his chest, so cant tell if he has his (heart?) the green thing, But if not that would be good.

Great job

Thanks! I did recreate his organ sack(?) with a couple trans green bricks. I added a link to my gallery on mocpages (which I forgot to do earlier) so you can see for yourself.

Wow, you never really cease to amaze us with your fantastic creations Mood, and it's a great idea to define your own "Moodland scale" rather than trying to conform to the limits of the existing scales. It is these types of unique builds that will really (if it has not yet) stamp your legacy in the LSW community. Keep up the excellent work! :thumbup:

This is really something Moodswim. :wub:

The detail and "sleekness" of this thing makes me wish TLG had done their version like this.

Thanks for sharing it with us.