Nannan

Oasis

Long after the humans have abandoned their planet and consumed its resources, the thinking machines once made by Man resurrect a new paradise from the sands of the wasteland.

5835882523_8638642753.jpg

Video

Flickr

MOCpages

Oasis is the second collaborative diorama by Tyler Clites and Nannan Zhang. It was built from April to June 2011 and contains approximately 25,000 pieces over an area of 5 ft by 7 ft. The creation was inspired by the idea of a spinning wheel towering above a pool of moving water.

Enjoy!

Edited by Nannan

Wow excellent creation. I really like how you made the water. And it's HUGE.good job.

Hope to see more of your work soon.

Holy crap that is awesome! :drool: So many details to love, the large spinning wheel, the moving water, and the scale. You guys really out did yourselfs this time! :thumbup: I can't wait to see you top this one.

Another nice one guys :thumbup: ! Looking forward to see it IRL at BW, see you there!

I can't find anything to say about this MOC other than that everything looks perfect, so I'll just do what everyone else did on flickr and say ' *oh2* '.

Though while I'm at it I might as well say that the rippling water and trees are my personal favorites.

Wow, awesome stuff guys! My favorite part is the moving water, I don't think I've ever seen Lego so lifelike before.

I also love the presentation that you guys do for these huge post-apocalyptic Brickworld projects. The poetic teasers are almost as exciting as the project itself, and really add to the whole thing by adding background. It's a really creative way to tell a story with Lego and the Internet.

I really hope this tradition is continued for future Brickworld events. :thumbup:

That's incredible... the water just had me transfixed! I love the little details, like the intermittent yellow flashing lights. Really makes it feel abandoned and realistic. :wub:

A totally mind blowing AWESOME creation :excited: , so big and so much detail......my hats off to you 'Nannan' and your fellow builders on the project. Brick On ! :grin:

Mightily impressive collaborative effort by you Nannan and your building buddies! :thumbup: The level of detailing is simply outstanding and I really like the way you brilliantly used the curved train tracks for the wheel. I wish I could see this IRL but oh well, lucky to those who will be able to.

I frankly don't think that mere words can capture the true essence and beauty of this creation. This goes above and beyond whatever has been done before, and truly brings LEGO to life in such an organic and natural presentation. I regret that I cannot see this in person, but just from the video and pictures alone it must be breathtaking.

Both you and Tyler must have a brilliant imagination and mind to conceive and create something of this magnificent caliber. Outstanding :thumbup:

Another amazing creation, Nannan and Tyler! I'm as speechless as everyone else, but let me say that I really enjoyed the lead-up to the reveal. It was saddening, but very well done!

This is one of the most impressive LEGO creations I have ever seen. The immense scale, the cohesive beauty, the ever-present attention to detail, and the jaw-dropping effects are all remarkable and astonishing - in separate MOCs, these kinds of traits are merely admirable. But when combined in such a massive, appealing, masterful way as has been done here... Frankly, I don't think I can describe the inspirational power of your guys' Oasis without putting it at the center of a new religion. :tongue: The rippling water, especially, is incredible.

Fantastic work. Please do more of these, if only to keep reminding us all of what can be achieved!

-Nuju Metru

Superb work guys, very atmospheric and evocative. Water effect is very cleverly done and looks fantastic. Would love to see this in real life... not likely unfortunately!

I've seen it on bb, and I must say, the effect of the water is so unique for Lego moc scene. And for some reason, I found fans to be so eye pleasing

All in all, another masterpeace (but this is now expected from two of you:)

I do remember when you were on a search for round tile in trans blue. It nice to see them in such a good use ;)

i thought it was actual water inside. this is brilliant!

Looks like there is a cooking pan willed with water, and the plates are floating in it. It may be stirred bu a small motor?

Interesting moc, but a story line may help us understand what is going on.