Future74

[REVIEW] 7965 Millennium Falcon

Review: 7965 Millennium Falcon  

177 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

LOT of parts missing !! He has lots of Lego sets and so far he had only 1 single piece missing from a set, but this is crazy.

All missing parts are in (one of the) bags 4.

He's missing f.i. the bridge shaped parts (all 4) and the wedge shaped things (16x) We're now counting and checking and already are missing even more parts....pretty weird as Lego claims to weigh every bag so how this huge difference is beyond me.

Were they missing from a sealed bag? Or, was the package returned to the store after having been ransacked? Make sure you call customer service and they will replace mostly all of the missing pieces.

Over all im happy with this set. My complaints whi it are the landing gear could be a little higher, the roof pizza slice pieces spring up and dont rest on the centre piece making me have to use blue tak which makes it look tacky and stupid.(does anyone else have this problem? If so is there another way to over come it?) And lastly and it isnt major and they probably coukdnt get around it due to the design but the gaps are a little annoying. Making it more a play set than a display piece. All that aside I do like it and love the mini figs, I know there are some missing from the scene this piece is from but reall woukdnt wabt to pay more for it (and we woukd have to if there were more mini figs).

I don't have any problem with my pizza slices staying down. I also did a mod for the landing gear which I posted pics somewhere here on EB.

Mine must be a slightly dodgy set then. Its only three or four of them, its a little annoying. Yeah I have an idea to extend it just need the pieces :)

Over all im happy with this set. My complaints whi it are the landing gear could be a little higher, the roof pizza slice pieces spring up and dont rest on the centre piece making me have to use blue tak which makes it look tacky and stupid.(does anyone else have this problem? If so is there another way to over come it?) And lastly and it isnt major and they probably coukdnt get around it due to the design but the gaps are a little annoying. Making it more a play set than a display piece. All that aside I do like it and love the mini figs, I know there are some missing from the scene this piece is from but reall woukdnt wabt to pay more for it (and we woukd have to if there were more mini figs).

The pizza slices springing up comes from a slight misalignment of the clip pieces on the bottom. If they aren't quite straight or fully seated you will get a little tension that causes the lift.

The pizza slices springing up comes from a slight misalignment of the clip pieces on the bottom. If they aren't quite straight or fully seated you will get a little tension that causes the lift.

I switched some around and then layed some down on a flat surface. Turns out some of the pieces have a slight bow in them. Bit of a pain but I reduced it down to only two that have lifted. Cheers for the info, it made me reassess the problem. Oh and cheers for the review too.

the set is great, frame and floor are well thought out. no threepio though :(

interior space is to be desired, and I don't know I it's just me but the cannons could use work

the set is great, frame and floor are well thought out. no threepio though :(

interior space is to be desired, and I don't know I it's just me but the cannons could use work

Wonderful little set, and possibly the one that brought me out of my dark ages. The lack of Threepio and R2 are pretty well covered by what was at the time a nice little inexpensive set. 9490 Droid Escape. That will give you the full Episode IV primary cast, plus a couple of Sandtroopers.

I keep being tempted to get one more of these before they disappear (which I think is happening now. It's finally starting to vanish from shelves.)

^I was just coming here to post that my local LEGO store manager was told that she cannot order any more of this set. Since she has none on hand, I lucked out the other day when I bought an unopened one that somebody had returned.

Edited by rollermonkey

^I was just coming here to post that my local LEGO store manager was told that she cannot order any more of this set. Since she has none on hand, I lucked out the other day when I bought an unopened one that somebody had returned.

But didn't you already post the same thing in the 2014 pictures and rumours thread?

My Target and TRU always seems to have good stock of these (and I am assuming they have plenty in their national stock as well). They aren't moving.

But didn't you already post the same thing in the 2014 pictures and rumours thread?

Actually no. Two separate conversations. On Tuesday, I only knew that I got the only one that they had, and that there weren't any more on the way. Yesterday, the additional information was that she cannot even order them if she wants to.

Many LEGO shipments to stores are just whatever the company sends them, other shipments are specific orders the store makes for items that they feel are selling better than the regular allotment.

Another nugget from yesterday's discussion was that she was directed to ship the last few of her Super Star Destroyers BACK to TLG because it will only be sold online via S@H from this point. It may not be officially retired yet, but that's certainly not going to be much longer.