Splat

MOC: My Minifigure Display Stand

@Icetron - 4125550 can be had for as low as 9c US in black on Bricklink, but if you want then in any quantity you will have to pay about 42c US each (for 96 or more), plus shipping.

I only used the grey 8 x 12 baseplate in my CAD drawings. In reality, that piece is only available in green, but you could also use standard plates (rather than baseplates), and use anything as long as it covers the same area. eg. 2x(6x24), or 4x(6x12). When I put them into my Ikea display case, I didn't actually use a baseplate at all. The front edge is a little bit flimsy, but can be reinforced with some 1x10 plates underneath the front.

Unfortunately the price and availability of pieces fluctuates, but it was a reasonably cheap display stand when I made it a year and a half ago. Take my design as a starting point, see what pieces are cheap and easy to come by now, and just adapt it to suit your needs. Once you have a stand that you are happy with, please post a photo so that we can see what you came up with. Good luck :thumbup:

Edited by Splat

@Icetron - 4125550 can be had for as low as 9c US in black on Bricklink, but if you want then in any quantity you will have to pay about 42c US each (for 96 or more), plus shipping.

I only used the grey 8 x 12 baseplate in my CAD drawings. In reality, that piece is only available in green, but you could also use standard plates (rather than baseplates), and use anything as long as it covers the same area. eg. 2x(6x24), or 4x(6x12). When I put them into my Ikea display case, I didn't actually use a baseplate at all. The front edge is a little bit flimsy, but can be reinforced with some 1x10 plates underneath the front.

Unfortunately the price and availability of pieces fluctuates, but it was a reasonably cheap display stand when I made it a year and a half ago. Take my design as a starting point, see what pieces are cheap and easy to come by now, and just adapt it to suit your needs. Once you have a stand that you are happy with, please post a photo so that we can see what you came up with. Good luck :thumbup:

Thanks for your response, I picked up some parts so I'll wait till I get them all and try to build it before I post pics! :)

Thanks for designing the stand Splat.

I used the flat small bricks at the front and rearranged it to make the bottom row hold together (or else here's no support since I have no baseplate under).

So instead of

_

_

_

I did:

_

| |

Overally really happy since I can display a select amount of minifigures on my desk only, but I may make another one of these later. It costs a bit more than I wanted though.

lego_stand-1.jpg

Hi Everyone,

Splat: I just love these stands you've created and want to recreate your genius myself. I went to the Lego.com site and it appears that the

Black Brick W. Bow 4X1x1 1/3 is no longer available. Am I doing something wrong on the site? Or do you have an alternative to suggest?

Many, many thanks. I'm new to all of this and so excited to use your display creation for my minifigures.

All the best!

Actually BRabbit, that was discussed at the bottom of the previous page. Element 4125550 is no longer available on Lego.com but you could use 4 pieces of element 609126 instead. It does not look as nice though. However you can still find the longer piece on Bricklink.com http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?q=4125550 but they are very expensive to buy now. Hope that helps.

@BRabbit - unfortunately, as Ninjabuilder mentioned, it looks like that particular piece is no longer available on the Lego Pick a Brick webpage. Lego changes which pieces are available from time to time.

I bought enough to make enough stands for 8 series of the Collectable Minifigs (16 per series), but now that we have surpassed 8 series I don't have enough of those pieces to make any more stands either.

There are a few alternative pieces that could be used, but the design might have to change a little bit to accommodate them. Try searching Bricklink to see if you can find something at a decent price.

I'm thinking about changing mine to 2 rows per step so that I use less of the curved pieces, but I don't know what happens if Lego makes more than 16 series (that's 256 different Minifigs). Maybe I'll switch to the shadow box idea that some other people have done as it would save some space.

Edited by Splat

Many thanks @splat. You've inspired so many of us!! All the best.

@jFox and @fred67: Love your designs. Might you be game to share the exact bricks/design you used? I'm a newbie and would love to try your fantastic approaches out, too. Many thanks!

Honestly, mine are all filler bricks with the interesting colors on the outside - each of the ones I've done is different using whatever seemed easiest with what I had on hand. The only things besides basic bricks are some 1x3 curved slopes, some 1x1 plates for under the slope:

50950.jpg

I also used either some tiles to fill in the sides of the short rows (where there would be no minifigure display plate).

Honestly - all six I've done (so far) are actually all different... there's no "plan."

Latest picture (from January):

16000598590_7b0cd09c59_z.jpg

cmf_display on Flickr

Edited by fred67

Those particular containers are from the Container Store; I do not know their availability in Europe.

These cases are far superior to the smaller ones I've gotten there (see the Simpsons display case); their visual clarity is quite good. The come with stackable parts to make the display multilevel, but you can fit more figures in the case if you make your own stand out of LEGO.

The containers themselves are also stackable... before this I had a stack five cases high - the bottoms fit around the top of the case below, so they don't slide. These are excellent cases for the price, for whatever you want to display.

Those sure beat the other display case options. Most of them on eBay and from other third party sellers are going for $20-50, and they only look like they hold the same amount of minifigures or less. The official Lego ones that are $20 only hold 8 minifigures.

Thank you all so much. Super duper helpful. I'm taking the dive and will report back. All the best!

Ā 

On 7/25/2012 at 12:18 AM, fred67 said:

My version:

7638081782_f02283241f.jpg

DSCF1457 by FredJH, on Flickr

7638081900_b1cffe91b5.jpg

DSCF1458 by FredJH, on Flickr

My solution to the Lizard Suit Guy, assuming you have 3 depth:

7638081572_18aaee0e57_n.jpg

DSCF1460 by FredJH, on Flickr

A 2x2 or 2x3 plate to shift him forward one. He just fits in 3 studs deep.

EDIT: I'm definitely going to replace the CMF baseplate with a series of 1x4 tile, 3 1x2 tiles, and a 1x2 plate, so that he's not higher.

Hello Fred. I've been researching online for an appropriate display stand that would look great with my minifigures and this one you created is absolutely amazing. If you don't mind, I would be really appreciate if I can contact you through here or via email for some guidance on this one. Thank you again.

There's not really a whole lot to say - there are links to the container store above, if I'm not mistaken; the build is pretty simple - exactly what it looks like.

Every one I've done so far is different, I just use filler bricks underneath.Ā  Here's a very recent look at my collection:Ā https://imgur.com/a/fiyLB7E

Here is a longer thread that shows a lot of other options:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by fred67

20 hours ago, fred67 said:

There's not really a whole lot to say - there are links to the container store above, if I'm not mistaken; the build is pretty simple - exactly what it looks like.

Every one I've done so far is different, I just use filler bricks underneath.Ā  Here's a very recent look at my collection:Ā https://imgur.com/a/fiyLB7E

Here is a longer thread that shows a lot of other options:Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Hey, thanks for replying Fred.

Well the problem for me is that it is really hard to gather the bricks in my country since we have no official Lego store, and hard access to Bricklink or Pick-A-Brick.Ā I would have to order those bricks from a shop in Bricklink probably from the UK or Germany and wait for them to travel all the way to Asia.Ā 

So the caseĀ here is that I really need to know the quantityĀ and types of bricks I needed to construct this display case so that I won't miss a thing, otherwise it's a pain waiting for the order to be delivered. I hope that you can help giving some details about this. Many thanks Fred.Ā Ā 

Edited by BrickPapa

No, I really can't.Ā  It would make me build a new one that I don't have time for right now.Ā  Why don't you try in Stud.io or LDD?

Ā 

I've been building these up since the beginning of 2017. What you see below is one of the sides of the overall bleachers. In the middle there is the original part that is 2Ā white base plates wide. Each side is just one white base plate wide.

s63p4y.jpg

29wmqe0.jpg

Each sectionĀ of my bleachers isĀ built slightly differently. I built this part back in June of 2018. By this section, I had started to use slopes under each row. I also came across some of these girder type pieces.

2mevknc.jpg

29pp5ig.jpg

el72oz.jpg

30a7ygz.jpg

Ran out of fence pieces on this section.Ā 

smbl8x.jpg

This is what my bleachers currently look like. The two single white base sections are on the far left and right. In the center is the original bleachers I built which was 2Ā white bases wide.

2ag0lt4.jpg

Edited by AquaSazers
typo

On 8/8/2018 at 8:44 PM, fred67 said:

No, I really can't.Ā  It would make me build a new one that I don't have time for right now.Ā  Why don't you try in Stud.io or LDD?

Ā 

Hey Fred, I didn't know about the existence of Stud.io (my bad) and LDD was kinda hard to use so I skipped it. But thanks to your advice I managed to build a Stand on a 16x32 baseplate that is based on your design on Stud.io.

Ā 

1347754468_ScreenShot2018-08-11at10_23.01AM-min.thumb.png.47aa98bd63b2d243d5b4020e092045e3.png

Here is what it looks like from the back, I only added 9Ā small pillars for stability of the structure. Looks a bit like a stadium stand in high schools though.434705014_ScreenShot2018-08-11at10_23.15AM-min.thumb.png.ecc690551cdf6ea39889a09b95fc1e7a.png

Ā Would really love to hear some comments for improvement from the creator of the original design, many thanks Fred.

That's about right, but the baseplate won't fit in the display case I use.Ā  If you're not going to use one of those cases, then it looks like it'll work just fine.

HiĀ Splat.

I really love the Minifigure Display stand you created. I use it for all my minifigure collections.
I did several variations of the stand to fit series with different number of minifigures.
For this purpose I created very nice LEGO like instructions in pdf using Bricklink's Studio.

I wanted to publish them, but I wanted to credit you correctly on them.
Would this be OK with you?

Could you send me a message directly to me so that we can exchange contact details? I tried to message you directly, but it seems that my status in this forum is not good enough for that...

Thanks,

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Uriel

Hi @UrielC, I'm glad you like my Minifig display stands, and that you have been able to adaptĀ it to fit different numbers of Minifigs.
I haveĀ sent you a message.