Sign in to follow this  
zeki

Apartment block

indexed.gif B-RV-11A

blok0001.jpg

3 stories with 3 apartments, 9 families living in here. each apartment is 2 studs longer to achive a contrast.

blok0002.jpg

View from the other side.

blok0003.jpg

Low flying bird's eye view.

blok0004.jpg

A more or less plain back side.

blok0006.jpg

Chimnies.

blok0009.jpg

A chat on the balcony.

blok0012.jpg

Ehhh home sweet home.

BS after moderation: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=475240

Awesome apt. complex 'zeki'. Fabulous architecture, they look very quaint. Folder not yet public but, is there an interior? Excellent build :classic:

Top notch apartments, Leki.

The stepped approach works very well and makes for a much more interesting building than if you'd made them all the same.

Great job.

:classic: :classic:

nice apartment design.

the color scheme also great.

just one comment, the entrance looks like the back door.

is it common to see apartment entrance like that in your city?

sorry if any unpleasant words.

regards, djo.

That's a pretty good design for an apartment building in a nice classic colour scheme! :thumbup:

My nitpick would be the yellow bricks under the parts where the roof offsets, those might look better with black bricks.

The back entrance could be behind the 2 larger apartments, where there should be some extra space for a small hallway. Perhaps with some letterboxes and doorbells.

Just my 2 cents...

Excellent MOC!

If I had a great aparment house like yours, I's put little different things on the balconies, a bicycle, a sunscreen, flowers, a grill, kid's toys, clothes put to dry etc. to make it more lively.

(Sorry if you weren't asking for comments :))

Great structure anyway!

They are not only well conceived, but also quite realistic. Could be a building right in my neighbourhood! Great work! And I love the guttering :thumbup:

That's cool, simple yet effective. How come the far apartment owners don't get any windows? :tongue:

I like it a lot, it looks very realistic! I think elongating every new section (as well as raising the roof) was a brilliant move to reduce repetition. I agree however with the criticism that the visible yellow bricks under the roof slopes are distracting.

Good job!

Wow thanks for the comments and constructive criticism.

@Leg Godt Gud - There is no interior as the building is a model display only.

@lightningtiger - There will be a bigger layout that i'm planning. Currently there are 2 out of 6 building for the first stage that are complete ans 2 are wips allready, so stay tuned :)

@djo - The real life building that i have drawn inspiration from has this kind of entrance.

@Captain Green Hair - Black or perhapse i'm thinking of gray, like a roof support beam? I'll se what can be done, as for the hallway it is "imagined" to be inside the building, but the doorbell detail might look cool. The letterboxes in my country are ussualy inside the building.

@Zeon - Details are planned and WIP, but I don't wnt o use too many as the second building is planned.

@Legocrazy81 - All apartments have windows the back is plain as it is meant that the hallway and the toilets are at the back.

@LEGO Train 12 Volts - I never count bricks that I use, but there are 10 doors, and 21 windows :)

Are there any internal views? I would like to see how you have laid it out. I like the idea of staggering the width.

I agree that the offset is a very good idea! Overall a clean, realistic design. I like it a lot.

These apartments really resemble every apartment building in my town, great job.

Very nice building, I really like this style of architecture, and the colour scheme is good too :thumbup:

I think the front door should be re-designed, however, to be larger.

These are very well done - congrats on a great build. I love how they are staggered, too. Not sure why, but I think it adds a really nice detail :)

@Hrw-Amen, Vicmackey80 Sorry but there are no interiors of the building made.

@HighFlyer The building is based on apartmetns in my home town. The door there are simple, no special decorations, so I've sticked to it.

A second apartment block in tan color is almost finished, so soon a pics of it will be posted! Stay tuned :)