Sign in to follow this  
deen

Small town

indexed.gif Layout

LAST UPDATE 22-6-2011/6-22-2011

Last week I bought some cheap used lego on the dutch "ebay". It included the instructions to some old Town sets. So i decided to build a little town. After completing the original sets, I had alot of spare bricks to build a little Shell gas station and a taxi stop.

Here are the pics.

cimg0596.jpg

cimg0597.jpg

Yesterday I bought this set to add some nice colourful houses. Updates will follow when complete.

6177.jpg

Edited by Phred

Excellent classic town originals plus your own little creations.....interesting Shell servo - I like it.....though the pumps could be better, but still nice work 'deen' and Brick On ! :grin:

Maybe add a laundryshop next :laugh:.

:laugh:

Hi deen!

Welcome to Eurobricks! You have really got some interesting classic models there. Except for the newer 6 wide car, the few models, you have got there must span a whole decade or so. Quite impressive. - I think you have a good base for building a very nice little town.

But what do I see...? A police officer driving and drinking? :wink:

Hi Deen, welcome to EB & the Town forum.

Your vintage town is nice, the trees are great. And your MOC Shell station is great it matches very well.

are you going to keep it all vintage building style?

Thanks all. I was quite happy with this purchase too.

@laka: You spotted the drinking officer. Congrats! I will see that he is sober on the next pictures;)

The newer 6 wide car is got for my birthday from a friend of mine. That's what made me want to build a little town again as it's been 15 years since I last played with Lego.

@Macoco: I'm trying to blend in some newer models and bricks. Though trying to keep the feeling of a classic Lego town.

Sadly the gas station had to make room for some new houses. When my camera is recharged I will post pics.

That's a really nice classic town that you have there. I like the houses and the brick built tree.

Looks like you're off to a great start!

Some better pics of the interior: the idea for the chair I got somewhere here on the forums.

cimg0772.jpg

cimg0773.jpg

cimg0774.jpg

I have a few updates:

-I bought the set City Corner to add some newer buildings to the mix. Since the set came out I always wanted it. I think the city corner matches well with the classic town sets.

-I thought the fire station should look more impressive as it was totally overshadowed by the houses standing next to it, so I took the back office/bedroom and put it on top of the front office. That way I made the building taller and i freed up a much needed baseplate for new creations.

-Also I decided that the citizens should have some kind of central piece in the Town to gather around. So I made a simple fountain out of some transparent bricks I saw no other use for. I'm pretty happy with the result

cimg0777.jpg

cimg0780.jpg

cimg0781.jpg

cimg0778.jpg

cimg0782.jpg

I played around a little with some of my big lego minifigs and came up with this idea. What do you all think?

cimg0784.jpg

cimg0785.jpg

Edited by deen

The fountain is cool, but the front of the pizza bar is just AWESOME, that classic Lego person from the mid-1970's makes it AWESOME.....clever and fantastic also high creative use of parts.....Brick On 'Deen' ! :grin:

I had to comment because I love your pizza sign! What a clever idea and I think it works perfectly.

Thanks all, in my childhood we had this pizza bar "Mamma's pizzeria" in the town. I like to think that this is it.

I still got about 5 of the old big lego persons. I'm trying to find more uses for them.

Is this a drive where ever you want city?

Sorry Romdam, I'm not sure what you mean there..

Sorry Romdam, I'm not sure what you mean there..

I had a hard time figuring out that comment too, but I think what he meant is that the cars look like they are driving every which way and that there aren't clear roads laid out to show where the cars should be driving.

At this time I don't have any road plates. So the citizens of my town are free to drive wherever they want. I don't want to spend alot of money on new road plates, so I while bring some of my old ones back next time I visit my parents. Maybe I will bring some of my old classic sets too.

I thought they were mountains, but it's clothes, hehe :laugh:

Yes, I'm using my couch for clothes storage.

I bought some used windows and doors and used some of my last remaining bricks to build a little police station. It's a temporary station as I will replace it with another one when I get my old bricks from my parents' place.

cimg0790.jpg

cimg0792.jpg

cimg0793.jpg

cimg0794.jpg