drakmin

MOC StarCraft 2 Technic Siege Tank

Thanks for all comments. Video is in the making. I think I don't have enough time to make instructions but here's a quick demonstration of the technique used on outer shell:

With enough photographs of this kind, I have no doubt that someone would built the model in CAD and someone else would make the instructions.

I have no idea what this is as I am not familiar with this theme, but this is easily one of the coolest models that I have ever seen... I also love your Star Wars models...

I have no idea what this is as I am not familiar with this theme, but this is easily one of the coolest models that I have ever seen... I also love your Star Wars models...

It's this thing:

806px-SiegeTank_SC2-WoL_Story1.jpg

@drakmin - This looks great :thumbup:

One of my favourite MOCs - a nice combination of function (PF and pneumatics) and aesthetics.

Is the turret able to rotate indefinitely? From this photo it looks like PF cables might get in the way.

I can't wait to see the video, and to see the 'cannon fire' feature, and to see what you come up with next. :sweet:

Thanks for all comments. Video is in the making. I think I don't have enough time to make instructions but here's a quick demonstration of the technique used on outer shell:

Well, this small part of a instruction is enough to convince i will never build it / Giant amount of pieces *huh*

But, very well done on this machine. I play sc2 myself so its very recognizable.

Will check out the vid.

Nice job, and good luck on future builds

Thanks for watching! First video was made by my brother. Second one is just a slr on tripod 3fps to speed things up :)

Very awesome.

Almost would want to lay the transforming sound effects over the stop motion one :)

The video makes it over the top! :thumbup: Excellent representation, drakmin. I hope you can get some sort of instructions going. :sweet:

With enough photographs of this kind, I have no doubt that someone would built the model in CAD and someone else would make the instructions.

Do you know anyone that is familiar enough with CAD that could make the files purely off of pictures? :wink:

Absolutely stunning model. My brother is a big StarCraft fan (not so much 2) but he loves this model. I of course love it for everything you managed to achieve and much like another builder named here you didn't bother to accept "good enough" when working with a particular design element. Seriously well done.

Do you know anyone that is familiar enough with CAD that could make the files purely off of pictures? :wink:

Absolutely stunning model. My brother is a big StarCraft fan (not so much 2) but he loves this model. I of course love it for everything you managed to achieve and much like another builder named here you didn't bother to accept "good enough" when working with a particular design element. Seriously well done.

I think we should try to convince Drakmin to release plans for his ingenious mechanisms(turrent firing, tracks raiser and tilter, just to name a few).

Edited by jacobkristensen

@drakmin - Those videos are very nicely done. Thanks again for sharing your amazing MOC :sweet:

The videos are beautifully done! Would you mind sharing the lighting/set used for the first video?

tim

The video is great,your brother can film and edit very good :laugh: It also mixes perfekt with the musik he choosed :thumbup: Was the video inspieried by Freakwave's big robot on Youtube? It uses the same musik :laugh:

I remember how I saw this creation first time, even before I joined this forum, before I bought my first lego technic again.

Priceless, great moc.

Congratulation!

I had this thread always in my browser favourites and hoped to see it finished once...

its absolutely amazing!

for me together with the tachikoma one of the best technic creations i have ever seen...

It's finished! *oh2* This is certainly an amazing MOC, up there with the best. Your photography (and your brothers video) certainly add a different level of professionalsim to the presentation. That being said, they are a bit slim on the technically interesting aspects of the MOC. Are you planning on making any additional videos which show off all the functions in brighter lighting conditions? Either way, amazing work and well done on completing this surpurb MOC :thumbup:

It's finished! *oh2* This is certainly an amazing MOC, up there with the best. Your photography (and your brothers video) certainly add a different level of professionalsim to the presentation. That being said, they are a bit slim on the technically interesting aspects of the MOC. Are you planning on making any additional videos which show off all the functions in brighter lighting conditions? Either way, amazing work and well done on completing this surpurb MOC :thumbup:

The videos are very nicely done, but I agree with phool, it would be really good to see a simple video of this in action, maybe with some objects of known size in the frame to aid judging the massive scale this is built to. very very nice build.

Sorry for kicking this old topic, but i noticed that drakmin just fixed the pictures in the opening post so.....

I just discovered this SCII siege tank and its by far the most amazing moc i have seen! What a masterpiece!

Will there ever be instructions for this?