Sign in to follow this  
Teazza

MOC: Big Pipe Transport Truck

Excellent looking semitrailer 'Teazza', I like the special trailer mechanics for the very long load. :thumbup:

Keep these cool designs comming 'Teazza' and Brick On Truck On ! :grin:

Another very well done large truck trailer Teazza, you sure are becoming a master builder of these. I really like the hydraulic support details of the trailer, and the blue-white color scheme looks really fresh. Question though, is this on a real truck/trailer? I can't seem to comprehend how the two portions of the trailer can hold a massive load in that set-up.

Very impressive build! Now all you need are those little cars that say wide load with the height poles coming from them to put around it as it travels down the road.

This is huge and impressive! Excellent work for once more Teazza, I love looking at special cargo vehicles in LEGO form and yours is excellent. :thumbup: The truck looks very nice but the highlight is indeed the trailer. Although that it may looks (or sounds) simple as an idea, you've managed to put these fine details (such as the hydraulics mechanism and the turntable/rotation feature) that produces a really eye-catching final result.

The official 7747 Wind Turbine Transport has a serious competitor from now on. :laugh:

It's a pretty good. I see you like Felbermayr colours.

Thanks for the reference pic dr_spock, nice find. :thumbup:

Very nice! I was wondering when you'd come up with a new creation..six wide truck to be precise :thumbup:

Can the pipe clamps be lowered and raised like the real thing? I'm still looking for ideas for my next truck MOC, but the theme remains,heavy haulage. :classic: I plan to make a 8 wide FAUN prime mover, with a 6 wide cab.

DSC00614-thumb-448x273-94304.jpg

Question though, is this on a real truck/trailer? I can't seem to comprehend how the two portions of the trailer can hold a massive load in that set-up.

There is a particular term (that I can't currently recall, think it starts with 's') used for this kind of carrier where the load itself forms part of the structure. Of course it can only be used for loads like big pipes, large beams, etc that have the inherent structural integrity that's required.

The blue reference picture posted above shows the two support ends joined together for transport without a load.

:classic: :classic:

Wow 'Teazza", this hauler is awesome! It truly looks built to it's standards. IMHO it needs a bigger or visible diesel tank(s) for full authenticity. We know those heavy loads are a drain on fuel :tongue: Great work anyways! :classic:

Very impressive build! Now all you need are those little cars that say wide load with the height poles coming from them to put around it as it travels down the road.

Nice idea, I will, I'm thinking on the right colour for them...

thanks

Very nice! I was wondering when you'd come up with a new creation..six wide truck to be precise :thumbup:

Can the pipe clamps be lowered and raised like the real thing? I'm still looking for ideas for my next truck MOC, but the theme remains,heavy haulage. :classic: I plan to make a 8 wide FAUN prime mover, with a 6 wide cab.

The pipe clamps can be lowered and raised a bit, but you've to separate one hinge connection, so it is not a very good raising movement.

The model you chose to reproduce is fantastic! please post pictures of your work! happy build!

thanks

Edited by Teazza